WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

havetime 01-22-2014 12:49 PM

I am still adjusting getting it on memory....it is killer for me...this is hardest part....
Anyone want to share success tips....GO FOR IT...I AM LISTENING...
MAMA LO ")

gingerbread 01-22-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havetime (Post 3188723)
I am still adjusting getting it on memory....it is killer for me...this is hardest part....
Anyone want to share success tips....GO FOR IT...I AM LISTENING...
MAMA LO ")

I hate to say this but it's the only thing I have come up with for why it's hard to get the chains onto the memory wire.

I have an easy time now so I figured it had to be the consistency of the weave.
I know when I had my loops too big it was really hard to get it through. When the rows were not even etc I think it makes it more difficult.

I'm doing a different length of single weave and double weave for my lot of ten and it seems to me the longer single weave is more difficult than the double weave to get onto the memory wire. It is taking me longer to get these chains on with the longer length of single weave but only takes probably five minutes for both chains. I twirl some and push and pull them on. I wish they would just slide on without twirling but can't seem to get that to happen when first time putting them on. I have had to redo a bracelet and it was easier sliding the chains on after they were already on the memory wire one time.

Also I wear gloves that have a non slip palm. This helps when gripping the memory wire.
After getting the memory wire through so the tip is showing at the end of the chain I grab the memory wire with my flat nose pliers and then I can pull the chain on the rest of the way.

havetime 01-23-2014 09:10 AM

Th gb...ok then i doing it same way....there is no option.....but a glove.....brilliant....cuz this twisting will tear up your fingers.....

Mahalo..happy weaving!!!!

Dtipcook 01-23-2014 10:34 AM

Yes, twirling it on with rubber palmed gloves help considerably! I have the really thin gloves that I use for the whole process. My husband laughs at me but it helps pull it tight when I'm weaving, It helps grip when I'm using the pull plate and it helps with the finishing also!:):)

havetime 01-30-2014 01:19 PM

?

Well since we are getting put of deep south frozen tundra...bizzare
How long is taking for anyone new to this getting chains on memory?
ISTG...that if I can't do this any quicker...not even going to try to finish 2nd sample in :/
As always
Ty

gingerbread 01-30-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havetime (Post 3190546)
Well since we are getting put of deep south frozen tundra...bizzare
How long is taking for anyone new to this getting chains on memory?
ISTG...that if I can't do this any quicker...not even going to try to finish 2nd sample in :/
As always
Ty

I had one of my chains give me fits, it took me three hours to get it on the m wire.
After that none of my chains gave me much trouble.

When I was putting my chain on I thought of you.
Something I did that helped was twirl it right where the end of the memory wire hits inside the chain. Twirl and push lightly.
Hold the m wire in your right hand and twirl with your left.

It could be the consistency of your weave is off and the wire just is not going to go through right.

havetime 02-04-2014 12:30 PM

That is exactly what I do...pulled tightly each time with pliers...I can barely see loop...just how much tinier I can that is ?? And technique for memory is same as you do??
So I am out of options here...??
:\

gingerbread 02-04-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havetime (Post 3191876)
That is exactly what I do...pulled tightly each time with pliers...I can barely see loop...just how much tinier I can that is ?? And technique for memory is same as you do??
So I am out of options here...??
:\

You can pull the loops too tight. Did they say anything about your loops and tightness in your critique? Did you get a sample so you can compare size of loops?

Sounds like you may be pulling too tight. Double weave should be a little bit bigger than single weave.

Are you having to open up your loops to get the wire behind each loop? That could mean you are pulling too tight.

Have you tried making a new chain?

I know with lots of practice all of this has come together for me but it took me a lot of time and practice to get this to work for me. I am almost done with my lot of ten and just now am having an easier time with staying consistent with my weave and not have some kind of weirdo thing happen when doing my double weave.

It sure feels good when it finally all comes together but this took me a lot of hard work to get this right. Of course I still have to see if I am making these bracelets good enough to be paid. Myself, the weave being consistent has been the most difficult part of this for me.
The double weave can give me fits.

gingerbread 02-05-2014 02:19 PM

I wanted to share this, I feel so good about it.

I just made an entire bracelet and it all went smooth. I finally have got this all down so that everything just went without any problems. My double weave was all even and my end loops came out great and even the ringclasps were easy to get on. Wow, do I feel good.
Oh and I think my bracelets are all tight enough. Just a speck of movement when you pull the beads apart.

Luck to everyone else working on these interchangeable bracelets. (:

Truckwife 02-06-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerbread (Post 3192208)
I wanted to share this, I feel so good about it.

I just made an entire bracelet and it all went smooth. I finally have got this all down so that everything just went without any problems. My double weave was all even and my end loops came out great and even the ringclasps were easy to get on. Wow, do I feel good.
Oh and I think my bracelets are all tight enough. Just a speck of movement when you pull the beads apart.

Luck to everyone else working on these interchangeable bracelets. (:

I'm soooo glad for you! Congrats!!

Lynne