WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

Maeve 12-25-2012 03:29 PM

I've never done any of this kind of work, but have watched the YouTube videos for the Viking Knit, and I think I could get a hang of it with enough practice. Is it worth the time and effort for the payout from the company?

RaissiKitten 01-29-2013 10:33 AM

Well, I am jumping on board.. I saw this company on some other page, researched it, checked the BBB Listing.. and came across here.. After reading the posts, I am confident, and expecting my kit any day. I am a stay at home mom of two school kids.. I also own parrots, and built an outdoor 140sq ft aviary.. With hardware cloth, so I had to "sew" all the sections together with thick heavy fence wire.. I am used to working with wire, so Hopefully I can manage this. Honestly, Im hoping to work up to full time on this job, but, one foot in front of the other. Thanks to everyone for the tips here.. Nice to have them before I get started.. =)

RaissiKitten 01-29-2013 03:27 PM

HAHA! I got my kit, went over the instructions, made a PERFECT starter bundle (With reinforcement to keep it put) But the loops? Yikes..!! The wire is a breeze to work with considering heavy livestock wire ive used.. But my loops are hideous! One row down, the second row had loops stretching out on to the other loops. Frustrated within minutes! I quit for a while.. haha..

Update.. Don't do what I did.. I got frustrated to soon.. lol. After taking a few minutes, I went back at it, and after my first 2 rows, things started coming together nicely. I know they say those first rows are hard, but I'm a perfectionist sometimes, so I got mad at it. haha. In fact, I finished my Style one last night.. Going to start my style two today, and ship them off to get critiqued! My biggest issue besides those rows, was joining.. The memory wire wasn't bad at all..

gingerbread 01-30-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaissiKitten (Post 3075988)
HAHA! I got my kit, went over the instructions, made a PERFECT starter bundle (With reinforcement to keep it put) But the loops? Yikes..!! The wire is a breeze to work with considering heavy livestock wire ive used.. But my loops are hideous! One row down, the second row had loops stretching out on to the other loops. Frustrated within minutes! I quit for a while.. haha..

Update.. Don't do what I did.. I got frustrated to soon.. lol. After taking a few minutes, I went back at it, and after my first 2 rows, things started coming together nicely. I know they say those first rows are hard, but I'm a perfectionist sometimes, so I got mad at it. haha. In fact, I finished my Style one last night.. Going to start my style two today, and ship them off to get critiqued! My biggest issue besides those rows, was joining.. The memory wire wasn't bad at all..

I have heard this company is not wanting it's workers to post about their experiences on public forums.
Since I quit before even sending in a sample I will share but if I were working for them most likely would not be posting.

I had the same problem as you and even after finishing the entire bracelet my rows were not even.
I should think making the bracelet several times would give you the experience to make improvements.
Thing is you have to have your bracelets sent back in a certain amount of time, so you may want to get a mandrel and strong wire before buying the kit so you can practice.

My thumb has finally healed but it took a couple of months. I would have to look back it may have been longer.
I hurt the large joint in my thumb on my left hand that holds the mandrel and gets all the pressure from pulling the wire.
I have not tried making anymore bracelets out of the wire I decided to keep because I know it will just damage my thumb once again.

Good luck to all who may try this project.

RaissiKitten 02-03-2013 09:05 PM

I'm not sure, I noticed about everyone on here worked for them and posted about them, I got my samples sent in, should here back on my work Tuesday. I did both the bracelets and like I said, I work with wire so much I didnt have much pain doing it, except my shoulder got a little sore, from pulling such a long piece so far up.. It was actually pretty fun to do.

gingerbread 02-04-2013 08:34 AM

I had noticed when I purchased a kit and started sharing on this thread none of the members who had been making the Titan Chain and sharing were still posting.

I posted a picture of my work and got with Titan Chains to ask if they were alright with me posting pictures of my work on a public forum and they told me they would rahter I didn't post pictures of their project.

Also I talk with some who make the Titan Chain and they told me the company did not want to be discussed on public forums.

The only reason I even mentioned this is becasue I thought you may not have anyone making the chain post back to you.

You and anyone else can do anything you like as far as sharing on this forum.

The company is easy to have dialogue with so I should think just asking them if they care would clear things up for anyone who cares.

RaissiKitten 02-04-2013 05:33 PM

I wasn't aware they said that.. good to know though! I'll have to watch what I say here on out. Thanks

gingerbread 02-05-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaissiKitten (Post 3078425)
I wasn't aware they said that.. good to know though! I'll have to watch what I say here on out. Thanks

Thanks for replying to my post.

I myself really have enjoyed this crafting forum and thought it very helpful in giving information about work at home crafting companies and also just an especially an enormous amount of help when first starting out with a company.

I thought this Titan Chain would be wonderful to make and I am just so disappointed my thumb gave me problems.

I hope crafters just ask the company what they think of posting about their company on a public forum and then post what they are told. Maybe they will give you specifics about what they would not want shared.

I asked about the photos but did not ask about sharing on a public forum because I had not even sent in a sample yet.

Good Luck to you and I agree the project was fun, a challenge and something I would have enjoyed making for Titan Chains

I would love to see this thread become active once again. (:

Sharhost 02-11-2013 03:55 AM

New to TC

I jumped on board..got my kit Saturday..very quickly shipped. Got frustrated off get go! But I had some other things going on. Will try again today! Just good luck & read all the good tips on here. Don't give up!

LaTonja Halsel 07-22-2013 10:05 AM

Titan Crafter wannabe

I am seriously considering this opportunity!! The website leads to a page where titan crafter position is filled, but you can order kit still. My question or "wonderment" is even though I can no longer be a titan crafter do they still offer or oblige the buy back program. I suffer from agoraphobia so the thought of trying to sell this myself is not an option for me at this time. I would love to work for a company or someone who loves to sell by helping them with their inventory though. Oh yeah do they do other chain mail jewelry besides viking knit?