WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

starlighthill 08-05-2011 07:03 AM

The website with the instructions for making the bracelets will be included in your supplies. I don't see a tab for a newsletter on that site nor have I received one. I'll ask the help desk about it. A newsletter would be great! My sample bracelets are being reviewed; I expect a report this afternoon. I'm nervously excited.
Diane

5525carin 08-05-2011 10:21 AM

I will say a little prayer for you starlighthill. I hope it will work out and will watch to see. I will also let everyone know how it works out for me.

starlighthill 08-05-2011 01:50 PM

Thanks for the prayer, 5525carin. They rushed my review through and I just received it. I'm very happy. They say I have the chaining down but my loops on Style 2 need to be smaller. The ends on the memory wire need to be more round than mine are. Mine are sorta oval:( That is something to work on. I need to improve the end caps on Style 2. Also on Style 2 there was a loop standing out from the chain. It was where wire was joined. They think I can squeeze it into place with the round nosed pliers. To prevent this from happening in the first place, they suggested I look through the wire for joins and tuck the ends in before pulling it through the drawplate.
I really enjoyed doing the bracelets.
Diane

5525carin 08-06-2011 11:22 AM

Overall it sounds like a pretty good review for your first time. They do look like they are fun to make once you get the hang of it. Do you think that once you have it down it would be reasonable to make 2-4 pieces in a day?

starlighthill 08-06-2011 03:44 PM

I am guessing that it would take me 2 hours to complete a bracelet, if I did it assembly line fashion.
Diane

5525carin 08-08-2011 06:14 AM

That sounds doable :). Keep us posted on your progress. I think my starter kit should be here today. I can't wait. In the past year I have had my eye on a few jewelry books featuring the viking knit, now hopefully I can do it and actually make a little pocket money.

Momnkids96 08-08-2011 06:26 PM

I just read through the whole thread. To wmoore, did you receive your full payout?

5525carin 08-10-2011 12:58 PM

I just got done completing my first one of style #1. It is a challenge to get it going on the mandrel but after a few round it gets easier. I think after doing a few it will be easy. For me, the hard part was pulling it through the draw plate. I can see that a pair of work gloves that have a rubber type coating on the palm may be helpful here. I will post my progress and let you know if I get paid.:)

AnnaLynn 08-10-2011 04:36 PM

Titan Chains

Hi Ya'll,

I've been trying to look into the legitimacy of Titan Chains. Everything looks fairly promising until you start looking into the fact of whether they actually have a physical/geographical location.

I can't find them on the online white or yellow pages. I typed in their 9792 Edmonds Way #302 Edmonds, WA 98020 address into Mapquest and I get a map for the address, but their name does not come up with the address. When I type in just the name Titancraft.Co, LLC - Titan Chains into mapquest, I get the address 9792 Edmonds Way, Edmonds, WA 98020 (this one does not have the # 302 in it) but that address is associated with a Kathi Moncreaf. It seems she is a restaurant owner.

Any thoughts on this?

AnnaLynn 08-10-2011 04:37 PM

Here is the link to Kathi's business profile

Kathi Moncreaf, Owner - Kathi Moncreaf - Edmonds, WA