WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

NJmomof5 08-28-2012 07:22 AM

Congrats

Quote:

Originally Posted by email81 (Post 3015049)
The bad news is that I am no longer a Titan crafter.

The good news is I am no longer a Titan crafter because I got a full-time employee non-phone WAH job.

It is temp right now but it is possible to become perm. Hopefully, it will become perm. Also, it depends on the background and credit check. I am not thinking that will be a problem but you never know.

Since, I will not have time for both I sent my finished lot in today along with the tools and it cost me $6.12 with confirmation. I also, filled out the return form and sent them an e-mail. Now it is just waiting to see what happens with my payment.

Happy for you that you have a full-time position! Congrats to you!!

Blessings,

Joy

NJmomof5 08-28-2012 07:29 AM

Couldn't hang in there...

Well, I want to thank EVERYONE, past and present, that contributed and gave advice and tips. I decided to send back my starter kit on Aug 23rd and it was at their mailbox on August 25th. I figured they got it yesterday, so not sure when I will get my refund.

The experience was a learning one, for sure. I decided to go full steam ahead with my business BraceletsByJoy and make one new piece a day. I sell on Etsy now, plus have sold to friends and family by posting my pieces on FB. I prefer the artistic wire in various colors and gauges, adding beads, creating earrings and necklaces as well.

As I made new pieces (of my own) and started using my own memory wire, I became better at it, and wondered if I could still do the TC, but when I held that wire in my hand, I decided...it was hard for me. The wire hurt my hands and I already know wearing gloves would frustrate me. I prefer to be more flexible and creative and knew that I would probably end up feeling like TC was a "chore" rather than fun. I am fine with my decision and look forward to the future possibilities of my own business.

Again, thank you all for everything!!

Blessings,

Joy
(braceletsbyjoy .com)

email81 08-28-2012 09:53 AM

I like your work Joy!

I am happy for you. It looks good and the prices are reasonable.

This opportunity will not be for everyone so, I think it is good to know when to fold them.

PMC 08-28-2012 01:14 PM

BLUEBIRD02

I'm sorry to hear you were terminated. I have had a couple friends of mine seemingly let go through no fault of their own. I guess the thing that disturbed me the most was their inability to make contact with Titan by email or phone to discuss a potential error. That as a contractor you have no recourse--whatever they decide, be it right or wrong, is how it stands. The idea that nobody at Titan ever makes a mistake!!!!! They pride themselves on being a forthcoming company. . .. always accessible, until you're terminated. Not sure that's the best way to run a company.

bluebird02 08-28-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMC (Post 3015501)
BLUEBIRD02

I'm sorry to hear you were terminated. I have had a couple friends of mine seemingly let go through no fault of their own. I guess the thing that disturbed me the most was their inability to make contact with Titan by email or phone to discuss a potential error. That as a contractor you have no recourse--whatever they decide, be it right or wrong, is how it stands. The idea that nobody at Titan ever makes a mistake!!!!! They pride themselves on being a forthcoming company. . .. always accessible, until you're terminated. Not sure that's the best way to run a company.

Sorry about your friends, PMC.

So everyone still making these, I would recommend if you need an extension to email them a day or two later to make sure they received the extension form on their end.

PMC 08-28-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerbread (Post 3015506)
From what I'm reading Titan does not have a phone number as a contact.
That's no good. Causes a lot of problems. An easy way to avoid communicating.

I just checked their website and they do have a telephone number listed. Hmmm

I'll just keep reading this thread to see if anyone reveals why these issues are happening.

Titan definitely has a telephone number. . .they just don't answer it. They want everything done through email; which presents a problem after you've been terminated, because any email sent to them is routed to a closed file. They never see your communication. Out of sight, out of mind.

lunasky666 08-29-2012 02:31 PM

Hi really new here

i read the forum a dozen times and the site. i sent money in just received my kit today and i got on the wedsite to try to find the picture instructions on line i found the loop ones but not the how to cut the ends off. over even they should look. i know it says under the beginner instructions that it should look like the start of ever mandrel when it starts but im still a bit confused since they have no design pictures like they said there would b any help would b nice. thanks**:confused:

email81 09-04-2012 04:36 PM

Well it looks like Titan Chains has decided to be dirty...

I got a e-mail today saying that my return was late therefore they were going to deduct from my deposit a 25% restocking fee leaving me $48.75 of my deposit. I want to know how they are counting because this is ridiculous. Are they counting the time it took them to review the samples I sent in? If so that is wrong.

It feels as though they are trying to think of ways to nitpick when I sent everything back in with the lot completed. I am waiting for a response from them as to how they figure it was late. I do not trust at all now that they are going to honestly pay me all I am due and I definitely will not be telling anyone else about them as good place to contract with. I had a feeling that something was wrong with the way they abruptly ended contracts without even letting the contractor know there was a problem. Now it is confirmed for me.

Has this happened to anyone else?

email81 09-05-2012 05:10 AM

I forgot to ask

but should I have received payment to paypal for my finished lot of bracelets yesterday since it was the Tuesday?

thuss 09-05-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by email81 (Post 3018550)
I got a e-mail today saying that my return was late therefore they were going to deduct from my deposit a 25% restocking fee leaving me $48.75 of my deposit. I want to know how they are counting because this is ridiculous. Are they counting the time it took them to review the samples I sent in? If so that is wrong.

It feels as though they are trying to think of ways to nitpick when I sent everything back in with the lot completed. I am waiting for a response from them as to how they figure it was late. I do not trust at all now that they are going to honestly pay me all I am due and I definitely will not be telling anyone else about them as good place to contract with. I had a feeling that something was wrong with the way they abruptly ended contracts without even letting the contractor know there was a problem. Now it is confirmed for me.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I am sorry that they are doing this to you. I had a similar thing happen to me too. I kept them updated on the status of my first lot. I had sent them a set of samples that were rejected. I re-made them completely and re-submitted them. The second set was approved. Well, that is great, but it takes time to not only learn the process in the beginning, but also waiting on mail both ways and for them to actually review the samples. Apparently they don't understand that, or don't care. I told them I would be a few days late with my first lot (after 30 days worth of extension), and explained why. They said they could not accept them and I would automatically be terminated by their system. They also said that I would not receive my deposit since it was past (barely) 60 days.
He did say to send in a partial lot and he could make an exception and pay me for those. I am almost finished with 7. It's not great, but at least I can re-coup my investment. Won't actually profit anything though. That really stinks since these things took so long and were pretty rough on the hands! I am still going to send in my tools since I have no use for them.