WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

Truckwife 08-21-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebird02 (Post 3012163)
I have submitted my first lot. I emailed TC, and it sure took longer than 2 to 3 days for the lot to reach TC using priority mail. Anyways, they were to mail a check today. What I need to know is will they automatically send supplies for the next lot (I checked the appropriate "send supplies immediately" on the payout form), or do I need to submit a supplies request form too?

Thanks

Hi bluebird02,

I can only speak for myself, but when Titan receives my finished bracelets, they send new supplies.

Lynne

bluebird02 08-22-2012 04:29 AM

Thanks Lynne!

Kristycraft 08-23-2012 09:05 AM

thank you for the tips i think im going to write the help desk already lol. ill have to go back and reread the posts... im already having a problem with (i didnt move the mandreal now i got to figure out how to pull it off) *sigh* im egsosted but i can see that i can do it just got to get the hang of it first. thank you for the reply

although im thinking a pdf of tips might be nice... with pictures and an oops file lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truckwife (Post 3010462)
Hi Kristycraft.

Welcome! When you get your kit, it will come with directions, follow them carefully! As for tips.....

1. Read this entire thread from the beginning. That will give you an idea what others have gone thru and will give you lots of tips.

2. The way Titan words it, samples are just a suggestion, but in my opinion, samples should be mandatory. The only way you'll know if your work is acceptable, is to send in the samples and get an evaluation.

3. Do not hesitate to email the help desk. When I first started, I emailed them alot!!

4. Watch videos on youtube, buy some wire and practice, practice, practice. I used 24gauge wire to practice with, then I bought 20gauge which is a lot thicker. The wire you'll be using will be somewhere in between.

5. I use a stretchy athletic tape to wrap my fingers. It not only protects my fingers but also helps to grip the wire.

Hope I have helped a little,

Lynne

Truckwife 08-23-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristycraft (Post 3013047)
thank you for the tips i think im going to write the help desk already lol. ill have to go back and reread the posts... im already having a problem with (i didnt move the mandreal now i got to figure out how to pull it off) *sigh* im egsosted but i can see that i can do it just got to get the hang of it first. thank you for the reply

although im thinking a pdf of tips might be nice... with pictures and an oops file lol

Kristycraft,

Sorry but I had to laugh;) I made that mistake also! What I did and still do is just hold the bottom of the mandrel w/pliers and twist and pull until it moves.

Lynne

bluebird02 08-23-2012 12:57 PM

When I forgot to move the chain loops off the mandrel, I used a jar gripper thing cut in half, held onto the chain end and the other end of the mandrel with the 2 halves and pulled. This worked pretty good. I am pretty strong though.

Kristycraft 08-24-2012 02:26 PM

thank you for the reply lol i had fun figureing it out eventualy i put it on the circle pull bord and pulled lol... thankfully it flew off lol.. so i finaly got two made the firsts tention i know is off all over and the second one desided to spiral.... is that going to be a problem? do you have any tips for my spiraling lol.

Truckwife 08-24-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristycraft (Post 3013807)
thank you for the reply lol i had fun figureing it out eventualy i put it on the circle pull bord and pulled lol... thankfully it flew off lol.. so i finaly got two made the firsts tention i know is off all over and the second one desided to spiral.... is that going to be a problem? do you have any tips for my spiraling lol.

Hi Kristycraft,

I don't think the spiraling will be a problem. Does it spiral before you put it thru the draw plate or after? Either way, it should be fine. Don't remember where I heard it, but it has to do with consistency of the tightness of the chain. Mine still spiral after the draw plate and all have been acceptable.

Lynne

Kristycraft 08-25-2012 04:56 PM

was looking around online about this viking knit and found a cool tip on how to add another wire. what do you think?
ADDING WIRE Site

bluebird02 08-27-2012 12:01 PM

Well, I need to report one more bad experience with TC. They accepted my lot and paid me but sent a letter informing me that I was terminated. The excuse: Lot not returned within required 30 day time frame.

I asked for an extension! I received my supplies on July 5, 30 days from that date was August 4. I filled out the form for a 2-week extension, which made the date August 18 to send the lot in by. I sent it in on August 9. I am very disappointed to say the least. I sent an email but, of course, they are not responding. I just want to know why they terminated since I asked for an extension.

email81 08-27-2012 04:35 PM

I have some bad and good news...

The bad news is that I am no longer a Titan crafter.

The good news is I am no longer a Titan crafter because I got a full-time employee non-phone WAH job.

It is temp right now but it is possible to become perm. Hopefully, it will become perm. Also, it depends on the background and credit check. I am not thinking that will be a problem but you never know.

Since, I will not have time for both I sent my finished lot in today along with the tools and it cost me $6.12 with confirmation. I also, filled out the return form and sent them an e-mail. Now it is just waiting to see what happens with my payment.