WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

Truckwife 08-13-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thuss (Post 3007698)
I am working on the finishing steps of my second set of samples. I got the loops much smaller than last time. I am having a hard time with the length though. My length before the draw plate, on style 1, was a little over the length they say it will be. After pulling it through until it is easy to get it through the last hole we use, it is still 1.5 inches short. Any suggestions?

Hi,

I would not worry about it at all, the lengths are just an estimate. As long as you used the right lengths of wire it shouldn't be a problem. You could always email the help desk, they have always been very helpful to me.

Lynne

Truckwife 08-13-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aburg (Post 3007561)
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to working at home and this forum. TC sounds legit but before I send in money I want to make sure. Has anyone had problems with getting paid?

Hi and Welcome!!

No, I haven't had any problems being paid. I have my payout going thru Paypal.

Lynne

thuss 08-13-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truckwife (Post 3007810)
Hi,

I would not worry about it at all, the lengths are just an estimate. As long as you used the right lengths of wire it shouldn't be a problem. You could always email the help desk, they have always been very helpful to me.

Lynne

Thanks Lynne! I did email the help desk and that is exactly what they told me!

aburg 08-16-2012 08:37 AM

Thank you Truckwife. I've been on TCs website and I was wondering if you or anyone else could answer some questions I still have. After your deposit do you have to pay anything else like for supplies or if you change what type of chain you are working on? I can't seem to find that answer on the website. I would contact them but I'd rather hear from someone who is working with them to know if its something I can afford to do.

thanks
aburg

thuss 08-17-2012 07:13 PM

Well, I am officially a Titan Crafter! I received my evaluation for my second set of samples today and I am approved! Woohoo!

Kristycraft 08-18-2012 07:08 AM

excited

i just got my first kit for titan chains, should be here soon. im so happy i found this form its helped answer allot of questions i had. i was wondering about what happens for the beginning? i was reading about doing samples? also is there any tips from the veterans that could help with the beginning process?

Truckwife 08-18-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aburg (Post 3009318)
Thank you Truckwife. I've been on TCs website and I was wondering if you or anyone else could answer some questions I still have. After your deposit do you have to pay anything else like for supplies or if you change what type of chain you are working on? I can't seem to find that answer on the website. I would contact them but I'd rather hear from someone who is working with them to know if its something I can afford to do.

thanks
aburg

Hi aburg,

I have only paid the $65 security deposit. I have invested more on better tools and practice wire. But that will all be tax deductible!! As for changing the type or style of bracelet I've worked on, I haven't been given that choice. They send me supplies w/directions, I make them and send them in. They pay me and send more supplies. BTW, paydays have always been on Tuesday afternoon thru Paypal. The only draw back I have seen is that the mail takes sooooo long. I live in a small town off of I20 half way between Abilene and Ft. Worth. It takes a full 7 days for my finished bracelets to reach them, then another full 7 days for me to receive new supplies. So I've only been able to do 2 lots a month, even tho I am able to get a lot finished in 5 days. But in my opinion, $240 per month, is better than nothing!! Besides, the wait gives me a chance to get caught up on housework and yard work. Hope this helps, feel free to ask questions anytime.

Lynne

Truckwife 08-18-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thuss (Post 3010207)
Well, I am officially a Titan Crafter! I received my evaluation for my second set of samples today and I am approved! Woohoo!

Congratulations thuss!! Good Job!!

Happy Weaving!

Lynne

Truckwife 08-18-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristycraft (Post 3010343)
i just got my first kit for titan chains, should be here soon. im so happy i found this form its helped answer allot of questions i had. i was wondering about what happens for the beginning? i was reading about doing samples? also is there any tips from the veterans that could help with the beginning process?

Hi Kristycraft.

Welcome! When you get your kit, it will come with directions, follow them carefully! As for tips.....

1. Read this entire thread from the beginning. That will give you an idea what others have gone thru and will give you lots of tips.

2. The way Titan words it, samples are just a suggestion, but in my opinion, samples should be mandatory. The only way you'll know if your work is acceptable, is to send in the samples and get an evaluation.

3. Do not hesitate to email the help desk. When I first started, I emailed them alot!!

4. Watch videos on youtube, buy some wire and practice, practice, practice. I used 24gauge wire to practice with, then I bought 20gauge which is a lot thicker. The wire you'll be using will be somewhere in between.

5. I use a stretchy athletic tape to wrap my fingers. It not only protects my fingers but also helps to grip the wire.

Hope I have helped a little,

Lynne

bluebird02 08-21-2012 05:13 PM

I have submitted my first lot. I emailed TC, and it sure took longer than 2 to 3 days for the lot to reach TC using priority mail. Anyways, they were to mail a check today. What I need to know is will they automatically send supplies for the next lot (I checked the appropriate "send supplies immediately" on the payout form), or do I need to submit a supplies request form too?

Thanks