WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

sheeletric 08-06-2012 02:54 PM

Bad news,I had been working for Titan since Nov. So I am not sure whats going on but they let me go. Said they could not resale my bracelets. Said they were to stiff. That dose Stiff mean. Was the weaving to tight or what. Did not ask me to fix it just let me go. So upset and mad. It's not right. If they lost there buyer again that's all they had to say. But my work for some reason is not good enough now. What's up with at.

email81 08-06-2012 04:44 PM

This is concerning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheeletric (Post 3004149)
Bad news,I had been working for Titan since Nov. So I am not sure whats going on but they let me go. Said they could not resale my bracelets. Said they were to stiff. That dose Stiff mean. Was the weaving to tight or what. Did not ask me to fix it just let me go. So upset and mad. It's not right. If they lost there buyer again that's all they had to say. But my work for some reason is not good enough now. What's up with at.

Is there anyone here who has made it more than a year besides Starlighthill? It seems strange they would do this after all that time. Were there any complaints at all before they terminated you?

sheeletric 08-06-2012 05:18 PM

Nope, I even waited till they got the new buyer on line to make their new line. I was even sent a smaller size wire. But after the first lot I did for them that's when they said they could not resell them because they were to stiff ???? I don't understand what they mean. They said make they tight and small which I had been doing all a long. So I guess. I was the fool. For staying with them. I needed the money to pay my bills. LOL I guess the joke Is on me .

NJmomof5 08-06-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by email81 (Post 2998691)
today. It took only two days so that is pretty good. Do you guys know if I am getting the new style which people say is not as difficult?

I have not bought any material to practice on but have watched the viking knit youtube video by Blue Kitty Creations, I think that was the name. Her video made it seem really simple but I think she was using copper. Is this video a good one to watch to prepare for this?

Thanks Truckwife for your answer. That is nice that they reimburse the samples as well. Most companies would not for independent contractors. I really thought the answer would be no.

I also watched "Blue Kitty Creations" as well as a few other videos. Between them all, I figured out how to do single and double knit on a crochet needle as well as a hex wrench. I have practiced with 22, 24 and 26 gauges. I think the 22 is probably closest to the TC size. I ordered my kit this weekend, because of all the practice ones I did, I have 5 for sale, 4 of which are on Etsy. I am really enjoying the "knitting" and between TC lots I will continue to make my own to sell.. I wanted to practice for a number of reason, but one big reason was to get my fingertips used to working with the material...I have no real fingernails left...LOL...but my fingers are holding up well. I consider it similar to learning to play guitar... you fingers hurt for awhile until they "toughen up". Some on the forum have suggestion gloves. Maybe that will help you "email81"...?

NJmomof5 08-06-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheeletric (Post 3004149)

I am so sorry to hear this. I don't understand what happened. Do you have pieces for sale online? For some reason, I thought I saw your handle on another site... Etsy maybe??? Anyway, I am truly sorry this has happened to you...but one good thing that can come of this is that you can sell your own...use the wire size you want, craft your own style and not have to worry about fitting someone else's standards/criteria. I haven't begun yet...but my practice pieces are starting to sell, so for me, it is a new door that has opened. Best of luck to you!!!

NJmomof5 08-06-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adafwife (Post 3003915)
I dont know what they are sending now but when i first got my scribe it was just a regular nail with some rubber coating on it. It was WAY to big to lift the the loop properly and get the end of the wire underneath it. The best way i found to do it was to go buy a bead reamer and use that. It doesnt have to be an expensive fancy one, just one that can get the job done. I got this one at Michaels Craft Store for about $3 or $4, and it gets the job done really well!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...1/23457634.jpg

What is the scribe for?? I haven't gotten my kit yet. If it is to lift the loops, I copied the lazee dazee creator's idea and I use a push pin to lift up the wire...LOL... It seems to fit perfectly. Anyway, if I am not referring to the same thing as you are, I apologize. :)

sheeletric 08-07-2012 11:25 AM

Well, I got an email from Titan today. I guess I am not done with them yet. They are going to let me see if I can fix the problem with my weaving. To make it more flexible. So anyone have any ideas on what I can do for that.
Thanks Shelia

NJmomof5 08-08-2012 07:25 AM

Looser Knit

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheeletric (Post 3004675)
Well, I got an email from Titan today. I guess I am not done with them yet. They are going to let me see if I can fix the problem with my weaving. To make it more flexible. So anyone have any ideas on what I can do for that.
Thanks Shelia

Okay, that is awesome, first of all! Second, if they didn't tell you how, then I would say to make your knit a little bit looser, meaning make the loops just slightly bigger.

When I make bracelets, and I haven't started for TC yet (my kit is out for delivery to me today), the bigger the loops, the more space and the more flexible they become. Then, when pulled through the drawplate, they become more flexible. So, perhaps that would help.

The only other thing I've noticed when knitting, is that if I use too many short pieces, wherver I add wire, the bracelet becomes quite stiff. Perhaps using longer pieces to avoid adding to often may help avoid having those thick, stiff spots.

Again, I am not yet making TC and only making my own, so I am just going off of what I've learned when making my "practice" ones. I used 22, 24 and 26ga wires for practice. I also used a 3/32 hex and a 6mm crochet needle so my sizes and knitting may be different than TC.

Hope something was helpful to you.....???

Keep us posted! And, wishing you the best of luck!

Joy

email81 08-08-2012 05:44 PM

I am happy to hear this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheeletric (Post 3004675)
Thanks Shelia

I am happy to hear this and happy for you. I am not sure how to fix this besides what NJmomof5 suggested. I have not gotten my evaluation back yet so who knows I may have done the same thing.

sheeletric 08-09-2012 11:11 AM

Hey all I think I found the problem with my weave being to stiff and holding its shape.
I had been using leather glove to weave with. So I could get it tight.
So Instead of using the gloves I put tape on my finger and weave a chain and it seems to be loser than with the gloves. It hold the shape of the memory wire now.
Shelia