WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

riaanklein 05-17-2012 01:02 PM

Tiatan Chains

hello averyone, I have just joined Tiatan chains and wait for my starter kit.The question I want to know,did any one of you receive a paycheck from them for work send in?
I will realy appreciated it if you will contact me and let me know because I am a bit sceptical now after I have joined.
Thank you.Riaan

riaanklein 05-17-2012 01:46 PM

can anyone let me know if you actualy get paid for your work!!

:)please let me know if any one of you are getting paid for your work with the company/.?

mustangsaguaro 05-18-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riaanklein (Post 2963363)
:)please let me know if any one of you are getting paid for your work with the company/.?

I was paid once. And getting ready to send in another lot next week. I will post once I get paid from that lot.

Truckwife 05-18-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riaanklein (Post 2963338)
hello averyone, I have just joined Tiatan chains and wait for my starter kit.The question I want to know,did any one of you receive a paycheck from them for work send in?
I will realy appreciated it if you will contact me and let me know because I am a bit sceptical now after I have joined.
Thank you.Riaan

Yes I too was paid via paypal.

Lynne

Truckwife 05-18-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbmami (Post 2961067)
I'm having trouble with the starter bundle.the loops seem to be too big to wrap around the mandrel neatly and when I start to weave it's all one big mess.I tried several times. does anyone have any tips? Thanks

After seeing the pics posted by adafwife, (thank-you adafwife) I am now using the idea of reusing the starter bundle. I have had problems with the starter bundle not staying in place. I now am using a rubberband to hold it in place. Seems to be working out very well!

Lynne

adafwife 05-18-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy6173 (Post 2962529)
This is another project me and my daughter are thinking of doing. But we are not going to do these bracelets until we have had some practice making other jewelry. I have watched a couple of YouTube videos on how to do the viking knit, and it doesn't look terribly difficult, but it doesn't look terribly easy either. I have skimmed through most of the posts on this form and I saw someone mention that they don't want you to use the "Lazee Daizee" tool...is that true? Like I said, I am not going to be doing these bracelets really soon, but we are going to try them. The price for "Lazee Daizee" tool is a little expensive, but if this tool allowed me to produce good quality bracelets and faster than I could do them without the tool, I would buy it. Of course, I am not going to buy it if I cannot use it in the future to make these bracelets.

Yeah the lazee daizee is bigger than Titan's mandrel. I have one that i use with copper wire to make and sell my own bracelets. i have tried to use the lazee daizee with my own stainless steel wire ( i get all my wire from artistic wire) and honestly im afraid the stainless steel will break the LD. BUT if you plan to make and sell your own viking knit bracelets then HIGHLY reccomend the LD. Its much faster and a lot eaiser to make them with.

wbmami 05-19-2012 10:13 PM

just finished my first bracelet and it's a lot harder than I thought it would be.I did style 1 first and I think it looks pretty good.the only problem is in the instructions it says the finished bracelet should be around 11.5" long but after I cut off the 1st few rows mine is only 9.5". should I still send it in to see what they say about my work?

wizhoo 05-22-2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riaanklein (Post 2963363)

I think everybody that sent in a full lot was paid. Some where let go because of quality, but they still got paid. I got paid for my lot and was told my work was good but, have not received any additional supplies. I have emailed a couple of email addresses that I have and inquired through the help desk but get no reply.

wbmami 05-22-2012 06:58 PM

I have a question about sending in sample work.In the instructions it says to email them when you're ready to send in samples which I just did but do I have to wait for a response or can I just mail it out?
Thanks
Lisa

mustangsaguaro 05-22-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbmami (Post 2966061)
I have a question about sending in sample work.In the instructions it says to email them when you're ready to send in samples which I just did but do I have to wait for a response or can I just mail it out?
Thanks
Lisa

Just mail it to them. If I have any concerns I email them my concerns and they have always answered my questions in a reasonable amount of time.