WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

diamond909 05-10-2012 04:41 PM

titan chains mandel

hey there i orderd their kit and the mandel is nothing like they show anyone eles having this trouble mine is very very thin has no sides on it . round only.. wire cutters are different too not close cut like theres.. i have sent an email to them hoping for answers..
i have practiced on zebra wire and it seems easy enought as long as this mandel that i have is not the one they expect us to work on..

thanks

diamond909 05-10-2012 04:43 PM

Mandel Very Thin

hey there did anyone eles get a very very thin madel ?

mustangsaguaro 05-10-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamond909 (Post 2959886)

Yes, the mandrel is very thin. I was shocked when I got mine. But once you get used to it, it is pretty easy to work with.

megapedia 05-10-2012 05:01 PM

Kit

I got the kit today. It is not the new style, it doesn't have beads with it, anyway.

The tools are not what I expected either. The pictures of the tools look nice, but they are not nearly as cushioned as the ones pictured. I wouldn't say they are cushioned at all actually. Not cool!

PMC 05-11-2012 09:09 AM

Difficulty Contacting Titan

Has anyone experienced difficulty reaching Titan, either by email or telephone? They received my samples two weeks ago tomorrow. . have not received a response. I have emailed both their help desk and info addresses as well as telephoned 1-888-348-0988.

diamond909 05-11-2012 11:01 AM

titan chains reply

i live in ca and sent them a email yesterday evening about the mandel and was given a reply in about a hour.. my email went to the [email protected]
as to something eles you may want to call them..

wizhoo 05-11-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMC (Post 2960243)
Has anyone experienced difficulty reaching Titan, either by email or telephone? They received my samples two weeks ago tomorrow. . have not received a response. I have emailed both their help desk and info addresses as well as telephoned 1-888-348-0988.

Yes, I've been trying to contact them as well without any response through their help desk and regular email.

A couple of months ago I was not getting a response and finally somebody from the company emailed me and said that they had been sending me email. I couldn't find anything in my SPAM folders.

I did'nt even know they had a 1-888 number. Did you get a chance to leave a message?

wizhoo 05-11-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamond909 (Post 2959886)

I know it seems very thin but it gets easier to use. The hard part is getting the starter row started.

megapedia 05-11-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizhoo (Post 2960429)
I know it seems very thin but it gets easier to use. The hard part is getting the starter row started.

You are right! I started working on these tonight and it did get better after the I got the bundle done and added the first few rows.

My loops are not consistent at all though. There isn't any space between the loops, is it supposed to be like that? On the website it shows the loops and then a gap, and then another row of loops. Mine doesn't have the gap, it just goes straight loop to loop, except for one row. The 'petals' (on the bundle) are really close together on the mandrel, are they supposed to be spaced out? Not sure how this can be achieved with the mandrel size.

anonemoose 05-12-2012 06:51 PM

It could be that you're not pulling your loops tight enough to create a little bit of a gap. The pictures on the site are extreme close ups, so they're going to look bigger than they really are.

Earlier in the thread, I suggested using chain nose pliers to pull each loop tight. If you're not doing that, try it and see if you get a smaller loop.