WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

mustangsaguaro 05-06-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truckwife (Post 2957315)
Hi Kim,

Congrats on the great review! I hope I can do as well as you have. So they just redid your end loops and didn't give you more detailed instruction?? At least you have the sample to see what they should look like. Are the loops done the same way as the old style but just smaller?? I'm sure I'll be emailing them alot.

Happy Crafting!

Lynne

The loops are done very similar as before but are more of a teardrop and they are very tiny. You will be using close to the end of the pliers to make the loops.

BlendedFamilyof5 05-06-2012 09:34 AM

Hello!

Hello all!

New to WAHM, but not new to working from home. I am venturing into making crafts from home and have been researching diligently. I went through the whole posting of Titan chains and I am wondering for those that just signed up within the past few weeks whether they are training for the new product or the old product. I sent an email to Titan also. Thanks for the information. Now, just to pick the projects for NEC too!

~Carolyn

megapedia 05-06-2012 03:52 PM

BlendedFamily, I just signed up May 3, by the next day it said my materials shipped. I live close to Washington so I would think they will arrive pretty quick. I will let everyone know what materials I get!

The_Red_Dragoness 05-06-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megapedia (Post 2957544)
BlendedFamily, I just signed up May 3, by the next day it said my materials shipped. I live close to Washington so I would think they will arrive pretty quick. I will let everyone know what materials I get!

...so guys, I got halfway through this whole thread about Titan. I get the impression that they are still very fussy about inspection and DECIDE when to send you supplies even if you are as good as Starlighthill.:( So basically -- this is good side money for those with good wrist strength, and NOT to be relied on for full time work?

BlendedFamilyof5 05-06-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megapedia (Post 2957544)

Thank you! I went out and purchased some wire, etc. to see if I can follow the videos I found online and was successful. So, I think I will be signing up within the next few days. But, when you get your kit I would be interested to know as well!

BlendedFamilyof5 05-06-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Red_Dragoness (Post 2957551)
...so guys, I got halfway through this whole thread about Titan. I get the impression that they are still very fussy about inspection and DECIDE when to send you supplies even if you are as good as Starlighthill.:( So basically -- this is good side money for those with good wrist strength, and NOT to be relied on for full time work?

I am only looking to supplement my current income and that is why I am choosing the crafting route because I can have fun with it and can make it a hobby while earning some extra cash. Thank you for the heads up though!

The_Red_Dragoness 05-07-2012 10:10 AM

I see. Well, no wonder people do like a mix of creative jobs on WHAM.

paperprincess70 05-07-2012 10:30 AM

Hi Red Dragoness -

I just wanted to toss in my two cents....

I don't think there are many craft projects you could do that would earn you a full time income. I am trying out a couple because I need a supplement to my full time job.

I am struggling, though. I would recommend that if you are interested in the Titan Chains, that you hold off on ordering until some of the other crafters chime in on whether or not they are sending the new style for training or not. I got the old style and thought I was doing okay with it, but didn't want to spin my wheels if they're just going to switch things up on me. So I contacted them to see if I could get the new instructions and they said no. They told me that the technique is basically the same and I should perfect my technique with the old style before I could expect to work on the new line.

I just don't have the time or the patience for this project so I am going to give it up. It is NOT my intention to discourage anyone. Seems as if some people can do this and some can't.

If you do decide to give it a try, please let us know how it goes. :)

mustangsaguaro 05-07-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paperprincess70 (Post 2957903)
I just wanted to toss in my two cents....

I don't think there are many craft projects you could do that would earn you a full time income. I am trying out a couple because I need a supplement to my full time job.

I am struggling, though. I would recommend that if you are interested in the Titan Chains, that you hold off on ordering until some of the other crafters chime in on whether or not they are sending the new style for training or not. I got the old style and thought I was doing okay with it, but didn't want to spin my wheels if they're just going to switch things up on me. So I contacted them to see if I could get the new instructions and they said no. They told me that the technique is basically the same and I should perfect my technique with the old style before I could expect to work on the new line.

I just don't have the time or the patience for this project so I am going to give it up. It is NOT my intention to discourage anyone. Seems as if some people can do this and some can't.

If you do decide to give it a try, please let us know how it goes. :)

Interesting comment paper about them not sending you the new style. What are you struggling w/ the single or double weave or both? Titan did send me new materials and directions for the new style and I sent my first sample and got my review back, said that I definately have the process down and I know how to make the new design well. If there is something I might be able to help you with (make suggestions or whatever) I'd like to try to help if this is something you infact want to do. You can pm me privately if you'd like to.

BlendedFamilyof5 05-07-2012 04:09 PM

They sent a follow-up email on the new vs. old style and mentioned that they want all newbies training on Style 1 & 2 and if you perfect those styles then onto the new style because the new one is a mixture of Style 1 & 2.

I'm just waiting to see when megapedia gets the kit!