WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

mustangsaguaro 05-02-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paperprincess70 (Post 2955064)
Thank you for posting the pic. The bracelet looks larger around than the old style, but I might be imagining that. Do you use the same size mandrel as before?

It might be a bit larger. As when you cut off the memory wire you are cutting off 2 full loops (per the instructions given). Not a number of inches as before. It might look bigger because of the beads too. The same size mandrel is used and you start off w/ single weave for 20" and then the remainder 50" you are doing double weave.

Kim

Truckwife 05-02-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangsaguaro (Post 2954658)
Here is the new style of bracelet. Please ignore the blue tape on the ends. This is where the end loops will be made. I sent my sample in and had a hard time making the end loops and asked titan to send a small sample when I get my review back. Hopefully I will get it back by this weekend. This is the 2nd bracelet I have made of the new style so far. So, any bracelets I continue to make will have the blue tape on it until I get the review back to see how to correctly make the ends.

Attachment 3670

Hi Kim,

Wow! That looks really nice, much more interesting than the plain ones. I can't wait to get started, but they still haven't responded to the email I sent. Maybe they are just using the more experienced crafters for now. Hope I get to start soon.

Lynne

paperprincess70 05-02-2012 10:54 AM

Thanks so much for the info mustang!!! :)

mustangsaguaro 05-02-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truckwife (Post 2955074)
Hi Kim,

Wow! That looks really nice, much more interesting than the plain ones. I can't wait to get started, but they still haven't responded to the email I sent. Maybe they are just using the more experienced crafters for now. Hope I get to start soon.

Lynne

Not sure about the more experienced crafters. I only sent in one lot of the original bracelets before they made the change. So I wouldn't call myself very experienced.

I had emailed them and asked them when I could expect my new supplies. They told me when they sent the supplies all they had were written instructions. They wanted something a little more detailed than what they sent me. I told them to go ahead and send supplies anyways and if I had any questions I would contact them.

I am still waiting to get my first sample back and written report of the new bracelets.

wizhoo 05-02-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangsaguaro (Post 2955148)
Not sure about the more experienced crafters. I only sent in one lot of the original bracelets before they made the change. So I wouldn't call myself very experienced.

I had emailed them and asked them when I could expect my new supplies. They told me when they sent the supplies all they had were written instructions. They wanted something a little more detailed than what they sent me. I told them to go ahead and send supplies anyways and if I had any questions I would contact them.

I am still waiting to get my first sample back and written report of the new bracelets.

Well you must have done good for them to trust you with the new line. I am looking forward to your evaluation report. If it comes back good, maybe that will be a good sign and they will open up the new line for others.

wbmami 05-03-2012 07:03 PM

Hi everyone my name is Lisa and I'm new to the forum.Been looking for a legit company to work with and this sounds like it is.I ordered my starter kit today.Can't wait to get started Also can anyone tell me what other companies they are working with and getting paid.I would really like to work with 2-3 different projects.Is anyone working with Creative Opportunities? any info would be helpful

Truckwife 05-05-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangsaguaro (Post 2955148)
Not sure about the more experienced crafters. I only sent in one lot of the original bracelets before they made the change. So I wouldn't call myself very experienced.

I had emailed them and asked them when I could expect my new supplies. They told me when they sent the supplies all they had were written instructions. They wanted something a little more detailed than what they sent me. I told them to go ahead and send supplies anyways and if I had any questions I would contact them.

I am still waiting to get my first sample back and written report of the new bracelets.

Hi Kim,

My new materials are on their way! Yay! I composed a new email from the web site and they responded right away saying that the other email I sent (replying to an old email) was redirected. (???) Anyway they also said they would be sending the materials and said the same to me about the instructions. So I should receive them by the end of next week. I too had only submitted and got paid for 1 set of the old bracelet.

Back in Business!

Lynne

wizhoo 05-05-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truckwife (Post 2956859)
Hi Kim,

My new materials are on their way! Yay! I composed a new email from the web site and they responded right away saying that the other email I sent (replying to an old email) was redirected. (???) Anyway they also said they would be sending the materials and said the same to me about the instructions. So I should receive them by the end of next week. I too had only submitted and got paid for 1 set of the old bracelet.

Back in Business!

Lynne

Congrats on getting the new materials. I have also had similar problems with emails. They say they have sent them but I don't seem to get all of them.

It's wonderful to see the company moving on with their new line.

mustangsaguaro 05-05-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truckwife (Post 2956859)
Hi Kim,

My new materials are on their way! Yay! I composed a new email from the web site and they responded right away saying that the other email I sent (replying to an old email) was redirected. (???) Anyway they also said they would be sending the materials and said the same to me about the instructions. So I should receive them by the end of next week. I too had only submitted and got paid for 1 set of the old bracelet.

Back in Business!

Lynne

Hi Lynne-

Glad to hear you are getting new materials.

I got my review back today and got a great review. They said "your chain sections look perfect, the onlly thing we would like you work on is the memory wire." They also said it looks like I "definately have the process down and know how to make the design well." Only improvement I need is on the end loops. I did request that they send a sample back w/ what the loops look like. They just redid my my end loops. The new end loops are very tiny. I would suggest if you have issues making the ends when you send your new style bracelet in for approval is to request what the loops should look like if you are having problems w/ them.

Hope this info helps.

Kim

Truckwife 05-06-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangsaguaro (Post 2957031)
Hi Lynne-

Glad to hear you are getting new materials.

I got my review back today and got a great review. They said "your chain sections look perfect, the onlly thing we would like you work on is the memory wire." They also said it looks like I "definately have the process down and know how to make the design well." Only improvement I need is on the end loops. I did request that they send a sample back w/ what the loops look like. They just redid my my end loops. The new end loops are very tiny. I would suggest if you have issues making the ends when you send your new style bracelet in for approval is to request what the loops should look like if you are having problems w/ them.

Hope this info helps.

Kim

Hi Kim,

Congrats on the great review! I hope I can do as well as you have. So they just redid your end loops and didn't give you more detailed instruction?? At least you have the sample to see what they should look like. Are the loops done the same way as the old style but just smaller?? I'm sure I'll be emailing them alot.

Happy Crafting!

Lynne


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:50 AM.