WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

mom_again 03-19-2012 11:59 PM

double knit

I am having trouble with the double knit .....after the first few double knit rows it looks crappy and i can not get my wire through the 2nd row...i have been looking for pictures f some being done or a video and cant find one ...i don t know what i am doing wrong ,, any one got any suggestions???? please help

mustangsaguaro 03-20-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom_again (Post 2933589)
I am having trouble with the double knit .....after the first few double knit rows it looks crappy and i can not get my wire through the 2nd row...i have been looking for pictures f some being done or a video and cant find one ...i don t know what i am doing wrong ,, any one got any suggestions???? please help

I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps you are making your rows to tight. Have you tried not making them so tight. I find rows I have issues w/ putting the wire through is I take it off the mandrel and get the wire started then put it back on the mandrel. Hope this is helpful and maybe someone else might have a suggestion. You might also want to contact TC and ask the same question. They might have a suggestion too.

luvsdragonflies 03-20-2012 10:14 AM

did any of you buy wire first to try to make these? I was thinking of getting some and just trying it before ordering?

Artemystik 03-20-2012 12:12 PM

I did! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvsdragonflies (Post 2933760)
did any of you buy wire first to try to make these? I was thinking of getting some and just trying it before ordering?

I did buy some 22 gauge crafting wire to practice with before I received my kit. I have just mailed in my samples for evaluation, so we shall see if the practice paid off. :) I found the craft wire to be considerably softer than the stainless steel that I received from Titan. I would suggest buying a very small gauge crochet hook to practice on (using the end opposite the hook). I'm really enjoying making these bracelets myself. I'd definitely suggest practicing and seeing what you think. :) Good luck and have fun. :)

-Arte

luvsdragonflies 03-20-2012 03:06 PM

Thanks Arte, I have another question I thought I read somewhere that they was a video on youtube that could help you see whats involved with the bracelets. If so can someone post the link again?

pomtwins 03-20-2012 03:28 PM

For anyone who requested an extension, how long did it take for TC to let you know if it was ok?

I don't want to be a pest to TC. I filled out a form yesterday, late in the afternoon, east coast time.

Thanks everyone! :)

deanh22a 03-21-2012 03:16 AM

I filed for an extension on the site but never got a reply. The next week I emailed customer support and she told me I had already been put down for the extension. So I guess you don't always get a reply when you ask for an extension.

pomtwins 03-21-2012 05:45 AM

Thanks deanh22a!
I think I will send them an email later. Thanks so much for the info!!

adafwife 03-21-2012 09:38 AM

Hey guys im new here. I Got started with Titan Chains because of this site and i gotta say im liking it! I have even started to make my own and sell them at flea markets in my local area. I use my own wire for this of course. I have 2 suggestions and one question. For those that are pulling the wire too tight and cant get it off the mandrel push the chain UP from the bottom. it automatically loosens the chain. Think of a Chinese Finger Trap toy. Its the same concept. if you try to pull the chain off its not going to budge, so push it up from the bottom. Also i bought a bead remmer (sp?) from michaels its a lot thinner at the tip and makes it a lot eaiser to move the wire if you have a tight stitch. Its a pink and black handle one and it was about $3 or so. now for my question. I will be submitting my 1st lot hopefully tomorrow or friday and was wondering if anyone here gets paid by a check. How long does it take for the check to come in?

adafwife 03-22-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheeletric (Post 2934880)
:( Did anyone else get a letter from Titan say they lost there buyer's for our bracelets. So production is stopped at this time. But they have a new line coming out in a few weeks so we are still need.
Thanks, Shelia
:confused:

I did not get a letter. Did it come in the mail or was it sent through email? Can you post the letter?