WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

starlighthill 07-20-2011 07:48 AM

Thanks for the tips on getting the memory wire through. I think that my problem was spots where the tension was too tight and where I joined wire. I did finally get it through, but the wire was very stretched out from all the manipulating that the bracelet doesn't hold its shape. I figured the first one would be flawed and hope for big improvements on the next one.
Thanks to all for sharing their experiences.
Diane

a_friend 07-20-2011 08:11 AM

Voicetress I appreciate your post and you have brought up some things I have been wondering as well. The thing that is unsettling is that fact that they asked you not to assemble for them anymore The reason this doesn't hit home right with me is that they say there is no passing any kind of inspection. They also state that if they receive a bracelet incorrectly done they either fix it themselves or send it back to you with instructions on how to fix it. So for them to let you go like that is not right.

Another thing that raises a red flag for me with this company is that all the youtube videos I watched on this process of how to makes these and all the websites I looked at with instructions on how to make these there is something that is not making sense to me. I don't know what gauge wire this surgical steel grade wire is that they send in the kits but everything I have seen or read states the wire whould be semi-hard and between 20 to 30 gauge at the most. Now to me this wire they are using does not fall within the guidelines that I have read for how to make these bracelets. So if indeed this Eric is blaming his supplies for the inability to make these for some then why has it not been changed? Surely they must have seen the information on the Internet about them. And frankly why do you need to use wire this strong to make them with?

I too have been searching the Internet trying to find out where these are being sold at IF at all but have not been able to come up with anything either.... I would love to hear someone say they pay and they are legit but gut feeling is that isn't going to happen.

andyb8079 07-20-2011 10:24 AM

Looks like this will be my first venture into crafting, so I will let everyone know how it goes for me.

fiberfolly 07-20-2011 01:05 PM

so did you read anything that was stated on this thread?? and you are still going to give it a try when it so clearly is a company that does not know what it is doing, whether their intention is to scam and they can't even get that right (not that I think they should), or they just are not using appropriate materials? So far people have gotten their money back, but that may not continue. I would think twice before giving this a try.

andyb8079 07-20-2011 02:23 PM

Thank you for your concern, I did read all the posts that were there before I ordered. I have very strong hands and that is why I decided to try it. Had only seen one slightly negative post before I ordered the 15th.

voicetress 07-20-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_friend (Post 2801221)
Voicetress I appreciate your post and you have brought up some things I have been wondering as well. The thing that is unsettling is that fact that they asked you not to assemble for them anymore The reason this doesn't hit home right with me is that they say there is no passing any kind of inspection. They also state that if they receive a bracelet incorrectly done they either fix it themselves or send it back to you with instructions on how to fix it. So for them to let you go like that is not right.

Another thing that raises a red flag for me with this company is that all the youtube videos I watched on this process of how to makes these and all the websites I looked at with instructions on how to make these there is something that is not making sense to me. I don't know what gauge wire this surgical steel grade wire is that they send in the kits but everything I have seen or read states the wire whould be semi-hard and between 20 to 30 gauge at the most. Now to me this wire they are using does not fall within the guidelines that I have read for how to make these bracelets. So if indeed this Eric is blaming his supplies for the inability to make these for some then why has it not been changed? Surely they must have seen the information on the Internet about them. And frankly why do you need to use wire this strong to make them with?

I too have been searching the Internet trying to find out where these are being sold at IF at all but have not been able to come up with anything either.... I would love to hear someone say they pay and they are legit but gut feeling is that isn't going to happen.

Yes it was shocking to here they asked me not to work for them anymore and I am keeping an eye on this forum to see if anyone else is being told this or experiences anything resembling how they handled my first lot. I thought is was pretty naive of them to toss me like that. If anyone wants to see proof of this I'd be willing to send it to you. The website even says they would fix errors with reduced pay or send new wire for you to do the repairs I was given no such option.

voicetress 07-20-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiberfolly (Post 2801412)
so did you read anything that was stated on this thread?? and you are still going to give it a try when it so clearly is a company that does not know what it is doing, whether their intention is to scam and they can't even get that right (not that I think they should), or they just are not using appropriate materials? So far people have gotten their money back, but that may not continue. I would think twice before giving this a try.

fiberfolly: There will always be the ones who think they are better at something. Strong hands have nothing to do with the proper production of these bracelets. Besides that what IF and I say a big IF you mess just one bracelet up and have no choice but to send it in and they too do not give you an option of reduced pay or fix yourself and just let you go. (Hope you didn't base this income on a new car)

fiberfolly 07-21-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahmbamtymam (Post 2801069)
Just wondering if anyone has made any money off of this venture.

Read this thread from page 1 and you will have your answer :D

fiberfolly 07-21-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyb8079 (Post 2801459)
Thank you for your concern, I did read all the posts that were there before I ordered. I have very strong hands and that is why I decided to try it. Had only seen one slightly negative post before I ordered the 15th.

I hope it works out for you are that you can get a full refund. The whole trying to work from home idea seems soo frustrating these days.

tweetykiss 07-21-2011 09:06 PM

I haven't logged on these boards in ages but this thread caught my interest and I checked out the website. Voicestress, I am also bummed out that they fired you. That raises a red flag to me. I love jewelry making and need the money to earn at home. I have done wire working before but I am wondering if it is worth trying this out.