WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

mustangsaguaro 03-16-2012 04:22 PM

Well, got my evaluation report back in the mail today. And was told that I could do better on the memory wire ends as well as my endcaps. And I already knew this. They even sent me a small sample of how the memory wire as well as the endcaps should look. But, I am still having issues. Either the endcaps end up to big or to small. I can't seem to find a happy medium. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, when putting the one side totally together and then trying to do the other side of putting the memory wire inside the bracelet I am messing up my end.

Any suggestions appreciated. Or if you could provide pics of your work that might help too.

Thanks
Kim

pomtwins 03-17-2012 08:38 AM

Hi all,

I too rec'd my evaluation and I have a lot to improve upon. I too need to work on my memory wire and end caps so I am afraid I am not much help in that area.

For now I am working on perfecting my weave as it was too big of loops in my sample pieces. I made a style 1 but after pulling it thru the drawplate I still think the loops are a tiny bit too large. I started a 2nd one now and I think it is coming out much better. With each next try I seem to continue to improve. I hope the lot turns out acceptable enough for TC. I really need this work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do still have the slight drifting problem going on. I know the drawplate may help but I hope it is enough. Any tips would be so very greatly appreciated!

Where do you all hold the mandrel? at the top or bottom while weaving?

I have to complete this 1st lot soon as my month is almost up so the pressure is on... are they a little lenient with the 1st lot? I don't know if I will have enough wire to redo my 1st try.

Thanks for reading and the best to you all,
Julieann

mustangsaguaro 03-17-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomtwins (Post 2932331)
Hi all,

Where do you all hold the mandrel? at the top or bottom while weaving?

Julieann, take a look at the pics I posted on this thread (a few pages back). I used a piece of plywood board, drilled a small hole in the center for the mandrel to sit. This helps quite a lot. Perhaps this might also help w/ your drifting.

pomtwins 03-17-2012 09:28 AM

Thanks Kim!!

I did notice your photos a while back (I replied thank you to you back then). It is a great idea and plan to have my hubby try to make a version of this when he has a chance. Thank you again for taking the time to share the photos and idea. It is so very nice of you!!!

For now I am holding the mandrel myself and I tend to hold it on top of the chain itself right near where I am adding loops (just above). If I try to hold it below on the mandrel itself I seem to have much more difficulty.

Do you know if we can possibly ask for an extension on our 1st lot?

Best regards,
Julieann

pomtwins 03-18-2012 07:01 AM

Hi again all,

Has anyone ever asked for an extension for their first lot? I am working like crazy trying to get these done in time but I don't know if I can do it in time...and I really hate rushing it as I still need to perfect my technique. I so desperately want to be able to do this in the future for many lots to come but fear that I simply will not be done within the month's time frame. The samples and evaluation report took up a lot of the month.

Thanks,
Julieann

sheeletric 03-18-2012 08:04 AM

:DHey Yes, I did and there was np with it. They do not count the time you put your sample in the mail to the time you get your report in your email. so you still have 30 days to finish your lot.
Shelia:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pomtwins (Post 2932701)
Hi again all,

Has anyone ever asked for an extension for their first lot? I am working like crazy trying to get these done in time but I don't know if I can do it in time...and I really hate rushing it as I still need to perfect my technique. I so desperately want to be able to do this in the future for many lots to come but fear that I simply will not be done within the month's time frame. The samples and evaluation report took up a lot of the month.

Thanks,
Julieann

pomtwins 03-18-2012 08:12 AM

oh wow! Thank you so much Sheila! That really takes a load off of my mind! Now I can slow down and try to make each bracelet better than the last!

Should I fill out an extension report or just email them thru the help desk?

Thanks again for calming me down! :D

sheeletric 03-18-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomtwins (Post 2932749)
oh wow! Thank you so much Sheila! That really takes a load off of my mind! Now I can slow down and try to make each bracelet better than the last!

Should I fill out an extension report or just email them thru the help desk?

Thanks again for calming me down! :D

Julieann ,I would go a head and ask for the extension. So you can work on getting them better than your sample work. :)
Shelia

pomtwins 03-18-2012 08:52 AM

I just sent them an email via the help desk because the extension form seems to be for after you have submitted at least one lot already. It shows a field that says # of lots already submitted and they only have choices starting with 1. I hope it is ok that I emailed them. I guess I can always fill out this form if necessary.

Thanks so much for your help Sheila. I was really stressing about finishing in time. I have been up late each night weaving like a mad woman so now I can hopefully calm down a bit. :o

I am so glad I joined this forum. You are all the best!!

Artemystik 03-19-2012 08:01 PM

Finished my samples :)

I know it's been a week or so since I posted that I was working on my style 1 bracelet, but wound up being very sick and unable to work on it until yesterday. Worked a few hours yesterday and then finished today for a total of about 6 hours work... Hoping I will eventually get it down faster than that. Feel happy with the 2 bracelets and will be sending them in tomorrow. I will let you all know when I get my evaluation, and share what they have to say. :) Hope bracelet making is going well for all of you. :)

-Arte