WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

pomtwins 03-04-2012 06:49 AM

Thanks Wizhoo!

Titan did eventually reply to my email. I was hoping to get the samples out on Friday
but unfortunately I had to wait until Saturday to do so.

I took a long time to get the samples done (until I got the hang of it) so I hope the evaluation comes quickly so I can start on the lot. I want to see how well I am doing with the bracelets first.

Thanks again for your help!!!!!

Truckwife 03-04-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomtwins (Post 2926208)
Thanks Wizhoo!

Titan did eventually reply to my email. I was hoping to get the samples out on Friday
but unfortunately I had to wait until Saturday to do so.

I took a long time to get the samples done (until I got the hang of it) so I hope the evaluation comes quickly so I can start on the lot. I want to see how well I am doing with the bracelets first.

Thanks again for your help!!!!!

Just so you know, I sent my samples of on Feb 24, and haven't heard anything yet! Wait...wait...wait!

pomtwins 03-04-2012 08:19 AM

Wow, that worries me that you are still waiting.

I received my supply kit on Feb. 24th so that means my 1st lot must be in to Titan by March 24th, right? I just hope I turn out having enough time to finish the bracelets after receiving my evaluation!

Did you send them Priority mail? That should only take 3 days for them to receive it.
Hope you hear from them soon!!!!!!

mustangsaguaro 03-04-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomtwins (Post 2926234)

I received my supply kit on Feb. 24th so that means my 1st lot must be in to Titan by March 24th, right? I just hope I turn out having enough time to finish the bracelets after receiving my evaluation!

I can't remember when I received my kit. I'm probably going to have to ask for an extension. Have yet to send in my samples. I'm hoping to do that by Mon or Tues of next week at the latest. I got busy and was unable to devote the time needed. Plus I didn't think my first bracelet I made would pass. So I made another of style 1 and looking at the 2nd one I made I know think the first one will pass over the 2nd.

I'm in the process of making my first style 2. Style 2 appears to go a lot quicker than style one. I am hoping to get that one done by end of today.

Kim

pomtwins 03-04-2012 11:35 AM

If you saved the envelope Titan shipped your kit in it will have their tracking number. You can go to usps.com and track the package to see when you received it.

I found style 2 to go much quicker too... I do not feel very confident that my samples will pass but that would be great :cool: At least if they don't I hopefully will find out what I am doing wrong. I am concerned about my endcaps and the finishing of the memory wire...

Can we file for an extension for the 1st lot? I looked at the form for filing for an extension and it asks "number of lots already submitted" Under this choice there is only 1-5, not 0.
I do not want to alarm you. Maybe ask the help desk? I am very new at this so I definitely am not so sure of all the answers yet :o

deanh22a 03-04-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomtwins (Post 2924756)
Hi Angelisa,

I am fairly new to Titan myself and still in the learning process. I think the gauge is about 22? I bought a thinner gauge (I think it was about 26) to practice on just to get a better idea of how it should go. It is a lot tougher with the thicker wire but it did get better the more I practiced. Good luck!

Has anyone turned out with a longer length on style #1 after pulling through the drawplate? I just got to this step and now my length is about 2" longer than necessary? Is it ok to cut off the excess?

Thanks,
Julieann

I think the gauge is 24. My first bracelet was over 13 inches, but the others I made after that were shorter as i got better at making the loops. I cut them down to the 11.5 inches they listed.

mom_again 03-05-2012 12:57 AM

trouble with loops

i been reading ans watching this for some time ...i got my kit and man did i make mess !!!
i found i could not go by their pictures ...there is no way to make it look like theirs on that stick lmao..although there is a picture of one using the mandrel... mine in no way looked like that....i did however figure out why mine did not look like lil e's or what it looks like to me a crochet chain ...if you not careful your wire can end up behind the mandrel instead of in front you may not not til you pull it and it dont look right...or wire getting alittle twisted ...then you ended up with it wanting to coil in every direction and gets a few kinks in it...
after i figured out my problems i realized i didnt need to really pull that hard ..and if i need to the needle nose plieers could be used to help shape my loops or wire as i was pulling the loop.i have 1 hand that has been broke 2 times and it was starting to hurt til i started doing some of it that way ,

angelisa 03-05-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomtwins (Post 2924756)
Hi Angelisa,

I am fairly new to Titan myself and still in the learning process. I think the gauge is about 22? I bought a thinner gauge (I think it was about 26) to practice on just to get a better idea of how it should go. It is a lot tougher with the thicker wire but it did get better the more I practiced. Good luck!

Has anyone turned out with a longer length on style #1 after pulling through the drawplate? I just got to this step and now my length is about 2" longer than necessary? Is it ok to cut off the excess?

Thanks,
Julieann

Thank you so much, i already had thinner wire so i started practicing with that and my kit was here before i went and got the 22 guage :) the wire with the kit really is stiffer and the mandrel is small but i think I am doing ok with my syle 1 sample...so far. Thank you for your help

mustangsaguaro 03-06-2012 09:04 AM

So I finally sent my sample bracelets in yesterday. I was a bit paranoid about the memory wire ends as well as the endcaps as was having real problems w them. I contacted the company and they told me not to worry about that, that those were easily fixable. And they are more concerned about the quality/consistency of the actual bracelet. I hope this is true. Any others have or had issues w/ doing the memory wire ends or getting the endcaps to fit/stay on?

Also, for those of you that have already sent samples and are making your lots how did the company respond back to you about your work? I'm assuming it was via email.

Thanks
Kim

Truckwife 03-06-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangsaguaro (Post 2927205)
So I finally sent my sample bracelets in yesterday. I was a bit paranoid about the memory wire ends as well as the endcaps as was having real problems w them. I contacted the company and they told me not to worry about that, that those were easily fixable. And they are more concerned about the quality/consistency of the actual bracelet. I hope this is true. Any others have or had issues w/ doing the memory wire ends or getting the endcaps to fit/stay on?

Also, for those of you that have already sent samples and are making your lots how did the company respond back to you about your work? I'm assuming it was via email.

Thanks
Kim

Hi Kim,

I had a problem with the end caps too! I had to make them a little bigger and on my 3rd try, they fit ...kinda. Glad to hear they told you not to worry about it. I also had problems with adding wire. I assume you're not suppose to be able to see it? How did you do with adding wire?

I believe we will get an evaluation by email, although I haven't received mine yet, so I can't say for sure. I sent my samples on Feb. 24. I've been checking my email every 5 minutes....hahaha!

Lynne