WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

starlighthill 02-24-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomtwins (Post 2922509)
I was afraid to ask so many questions right off the bat but I guess it's better to do so right away rather than make lots of mistakes.!

I asked numerous questions because I wanted to be certain I was on the right track. They went out of their way to help me understand. I agree that it is better to ask questions than make lots of mistakes:)
Have fun with your new venture.
Diane

pomtwins 02-28-2012 11:09 AM

Mistakes

Hi everyone!
I have tried several times with this new venture and have had many awful results :(
I then went out to purchase a thinner wire and definitely had better results with this.
I had used up a lot of the Titan wire already and have to keep starting over since this wire is do darn thick!
I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to correct mistakes? I finally thought I was doing well and then noticed that my 4 rows turned into 3...OOPS...I guess I missed a loop somewhere along the way...
Should I try to undo the wire? I think it might get awfully kinked, right?
I am afraid I will eventually have to ask for more wire from Titan! I think I have already gone through 3 50" pieces that I had to throw away, maybe more :o
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
Julieann

starlighthill 02-28-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomtwins (Post 2924040)
Hi everyone!
I have tried several times with this new venture and have had many awful results :(
I then went out to purchase a thinner wire and definitely had better results with this.
I had used up a lot of the Titan wire already and have to keep starting over since this wire is do darn thick!
I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to correct mistakes? I finally thought I was doing well and then noticed that my 4 rows turned into 3...OOPS...I guess I missed a loop somewhere along the way...
Should I try to undo the wire? I think it might get awfully kinked, right?
I am afraid I will eventually have to ask for more wire from Titan! I think I have already gone through 3 50" pieces that I had to throw away, maybe more :o
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
Julieann

I have had the very thing happen to me. You can undo back to the mistake and try again with the same wire. It will be more kinked/bumpy. It may look okay if you can get the loops pulled tight. Worth a try, anyway. You can reuse the starter bundle that gets cut off after pulling through the draw plate. That will save you some wire.
Diane

pomtwins 02-28-2012 01:20 PM

Hi Diane,
Thanks. I don't think it is going to work out on this try either.
I did email the help desk and they told me not to bother trying to undo my mistake. They said I could cut off the error and start from there but they prefer 50" lengths and I would probably have more joined wire than they like.
They keep assuring me they will send me more wire.
I guess I am a perfectionist and wanted the bracelets to come out correct sooner than they are... I keep getting worried that I will need more wire than Titan would want to have to send to me. Maybe it is not even as much as I am thinking but I tend to be a worry wort :)
Well, I guess I am restarting again. Hopefully it will come out even better than this last one. I am beginning to get the hang of this slowly but surely!!!!
Thanks again Diane,
Julieann

angelisa 02-29-2012 01:25 PM

Ok I ordered my kit yesterday and I'm excited to get started. I do want to buy some of my own wire and practice first so can anyone tell me what guage the titan wire is closest to? Thank you very much:)

pomtwins 02-29-2012 05:16 PM

Hi Angelisa,

I am fairly new to Titan myself and still in the learning process. I think the gauge is about 22? I bought a thinner gauge (I think it was about 26) to practice on just to get a better idea of how it should go. It is a lot tougher with the thicker wire but it did get better the more I practiced. Good luck!

Has anyone turned out with a longer length on style #1 after pulling through the drawplate? I just got to this step and now my length is about 2" longer than necessary? Is it ok to cut off the excess?

Thanks,
Julieann

mustangsaguaro 03-02-2012 12:28 PM

I am having issues putting the end caps on. Anyone have any suggestions on how to put the endcaps on w/o screwing them up and having small gaps? What are your tricks for getting them on to the end of the bracelet?

Thanks
Kim

pomtwins 03-02-2012 04:48 PM

I wish I could help you Kim but I am having difficulty with the end caps too (and the finishing of the memory wire). Sorry... :(

I was wondering about the procedure for sending samples? I have both styles ready to send in for review. I emailed the help desk but have not heard back. Can I just go ahead and mail them out? I am anxious to get them in for review so I can see what I may need to improve on in order to complete a lot. I am assuming I must complete the 1st lot within the month time frame of receiving my kit and I am concerned about wasting too much time but I don't want to create any more bracelets until I know if I am doing everything correctly. :o

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Julieann

wizhoo 03-03-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangsaguaro (Post 2925615)
I am having issues putting the end caps on. Anyone have any suggestions on how to put the endcaps on w/o screwing them up and having small gaps? What are your tricks for getting them on to the end of the bracelet?

Thanks
Kim

Hi Kim,

While making my endcaps, I pull my wires tension towards the coil I am working on. The pliers are pushed sightly away from me. The tension of the wire should not be wound pulling out straight from the pliers but with the tension towards the coil. I hope that makes sense.

wizhoo 03-03-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomtwins (Post 2925709)
I wish I could help you Kim but I am having difficulty with the end caps too (and the finishing of the memory wire). Sorry... :(

I was wondering about the procedure for sending samples? I have both styles ready to send in for review. I emailed the help desk but have not heard back. Can I just go ahead and mail them out? I am anxious to get them in for review so I can see what I may need to improve on in order to complete a lot. I am assuming I must complete the 1st lot within the month time frame of receiving my kit and I am concerned about wasting too much time but I don't want to create any more bracelets until I know if I am doing everything correctly. :o

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Julieann

Hi Julieann,

They definitely encourage you to send in a sample. Here is a snippet of where I was told to send my samples:

=============

Please mail your sample bracelets to:

Titan Chains
Attn: Sample Wk
9792 Edmonds Way #302
Edmonds WA 98020
[Note: You cannot use an overnight delivery service.]

Just make sure to include your full name with the package and we’ll finish your evaluation report as soon as possible.

Thank You,
Titan Chains

===============

Good luck!!