WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

5525carin 08-31-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starlighthill (Post 2827562)
Oh Carin, that is so sad. I know you are very disappointed.
I thought some of the jewelry in one of the viking chain videos was pretty cool. Maybe this is an opportunity for you to go in your own direction. Let us know when you get some pieces completed. Will you have an online store like in Etsy?
Diane

I will definitely try this on my own in the future. I do have an Etsy store. If you follow the link to my blog you can then click on my etsy store from there, you have to click on the 5525carin part or it does not work properly. I do hope the best for you. Keep us posted on your progress.

bjarena 08-31-2011 04:23 PM

Titan Chains

I am sorry to hear that they terminated you Carin. I ordered the tools a few days ago and it has been shipped. This makes me very nervous now. I hope that they refund your money for the tools when you send them back. Please let use know when you get your refund. It is sad that they don't give you a chance to improve upon your first try.

tbellabasora 08-31-2011 06:17 PM

Yes I am very scared about mine now it just doesn't seem right not to give someone another chance or even try to help them fix it. I might try NEC as well just incase Does anyone know if NEC pays weekly?
I think honestly Carin deserves another chance I think it would be fair for anyone if they need ppl with experience they should say that.

starlighthill 08-31-2011 08:16 PM

I suggest sending a sample of each style for them to review before sending in a lot. That is what I did and they gave my samples a very thorough review. Knowing what I needed to improve helped me a lot and I was more confident when I sent the lot in. I am certain that my first lot would have failed if I had made the all the bracelets without first getting feedback on my work. Inquire through the help desk about the procedure for sending samples.
Today I received another review stating that my work was improving nicely and detailing what areas needed more practice. Mine are still not perfect, but the imperfections are things they can correct and still sell the bracelet.
Diane

starlighthill 09-01-2011 04:31 AM

You are very talented, Carin. Are you going to incorporate the viking chain with the beautiful pendants you make?
Diane

5525carin 09-01-2011 04:46 AM

Thank you Diane, that means a lot to me. I think I may try to incorporate them into there somehow. I have a few books that I have in my wish list on amazon. They incorporate beads into them and I believe they use copper wire, beautiful. I should of sent a sample in, I just thought they would have done a critique and given me an opportunity to fix any errors. That is what I read on their web site. I was a fine arts major so I guess I get a little overconfident at times.
I checked out your site. We tried selling our home this past year, we will try again this spring. Our goal is to get around 5 acres and have a mini farm. You are so blessed. I will check out your site in detail later. Got to make school lunches now.

starlighthill 09-01-2011 07:40 AM

I know Carin, I don't get it either. The website says incorrect work will be returned for correction. If I had your background, I'd have been confident enough to send in a lot without a test sample. Have you asked them why this happened to you?
Praying for you and your future farm. Yes, we are grateful to be able to live this lifestyle.
I have a question about your Etsy picture. Are you holding a gator?
Diane

5525carin 09-01-2011 08:14 AM

I do think I will contact them but I need to wait until I can compose a letter without my hurt feelings ruling over my words.
And yes, that is me holding a gator. I was the leader for my churches youth group a couple of years ago and I had Jim Nesci the Reptile Guy come out and give a lecture to my kids. He brought about 12 different reptiles for everyone to hold and learn about. It was an awesome experience for all. I do believe that this particular gator was rescued from a sewer in Chicago :D. Sometimes they do roam down there.

5525carin 09-01-2011 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbellabasora (Post 2827797)
Yes I am very scared about mine now it just doesn't seem right not to give someone another chance or even try to help them fix it. I might try NEC as well just incase Does anyone know if NEC pays weekly?
I think honestly Carin deserves another chance I think it would be fair for anyone if they need ppl with experience they should say that.

Do what Diane did and send in samples first. I think you will do fine.
One thing I am glad about though is that I did get paid.

starlighthill 09-06-2011 07:47 AM

Curious about the outcomes of others who have tried this

I went back through this thread and noted that there were about 10 folks who ordered kits. How did this work out for you?
wmoore and andyb, were you approved and paid for the lots you submitted.
Has anyone else sent work in?
Diane