WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

5525carin 08-28-2011 07:15 AM

Me too. I am hoping to hear from them this week. Hopefully on Tuesday paypal will have a surprise for me! I will continue to keep everyone posted. Please keep us posted on your experience.

tbellabasora 08-28-2011 04:29 PM

hello

OK for the first one I made 4 loops when I start the looping how do I get it to attach so I only have one side of wire to work with on the looping process I started looping but I am confused what to do with the second end how do I attach it so I only have one side when I start looping. Also good luck with Tuesday guys Im praying for the best as well Hopefully it will all go thru. I am excited about it. I just have to figure out to do with my extra end they could have given exact details I have no clue how to end up with one end of wire do you get what I am saying?? I am losing it lol

andyb8079 08-29-2011 07:36 AM

That was the hard part for me too. I usually hold the end then do two or three loops then I would either wrap the loose end around the mandrel or just bend it straight up.

Hope that helps.

starlighthill 08-29-2011 09:59 AM

I wrap the loose end along with the loops to the mandrel at the very beginning. That keeps it out of the way. You will have to use the pliers to pull the wire for the first loops to get them somewhat close to the mandrel. I don't worry about those first loops too much. I squish them in a pair of channel locks before putting them in the draw plate.
Diane

5525carin 08-29-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbellabasora (Post 2825727)
OK for the first one I made 4 loops when I start the looping how do I get it to attach so I only have one side of wire to work with on the looping process I started looping but I am confused what to do with the second end how do I attach it so I only have one side when I start looping. Also good luck with Tuesday guys Im praying for the best as well Hopefully it will all go thru. I am excited about it. I just have to figure out to do with my extra end they could have given exact details I have no clue how to end up with one end of wire do you get what I am saying?? I am losing it lol

Are you talking about the initial four loops that you start out with by wrapping around a gift card? If so you want to put that on the mandrel so the loops you are going to start knitting through are facing down. You can attach it by wrapping the extra wire around your bundle and mandrel. If this gives you grief you can also wrap some packing tape around the top of the bundle so it fits tight around the mandrel. You don't want to overdo the tape though because you will need to remove it to pull it through the draw plate later. It can be tricky but once you get about four or five rows knitted it you will be fine.

tbellabasora 08-29-2011 04:40 PM

thanks so much you guys are so awesome im soo glad this group is here so when I start threading the wire thru the four loops where do I attach the extra end of the wire I am using to thread? would it be attached to the mandrel as well? Tomorrow is a big day for some of you pay day I hope everything goes well!!! You guys deserve the best!!! Thank you so much

tbellabasora 08-29-2011 04:54 PM

I saw the viking knit video awesome video to start how much wire should I begin with for the chain? or do I need to cut four pieces of wire for it???

tbellabasora 08-30-2011 01:22 PM

hello

Any good news on the pay yet? I know they said they pay by 6pm pst or earlier

5525carin 08-30-2011 04:15 PM

Nothing yet. Still hoping to hear something today. They are two hours behind me so there is still time.
Have you started any of your bracelets yet?

AnnaLynn 08-30-2011 04:32 PM

Yes, please let us know if they pay. I hope that they are a legit company. That would be a dream come true for a lot of folks!