WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

adafwife 03-22-2012 01:53 PM

I havent gotten an email yet but that link doesnt work for me because it takes me to google email log in.

adafwife 03-22-2012 01:56 PM

nope that one doesnt work either. Im not sure why.

adafwife 03-22-2012 03:04 PM

Well that is interesting. I still haven't gotten an email yet and their website still is accepting crafters to work on the stylin steel bracelets. So I don't know???:confused:

pomtwins 03-23-2012 07:33 AM

I am so surprised to read about TC. I am still working on my 1st lot. I am wondering whether or not I should continue to make these?? I don't want to waste time if they are not needing these anymore. I hope TC lets everyone know what we should do. If anyone has any further info please let us all know.

Thanks so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

starlighthill 03-23-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheeletric (Post 2935245)
Will maybe I was the only one to get the letter:(

I also received an email regarding the transition. I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but I have reservations about discussing this aspect of Titan's business on a public forum. IMO, questions regarding work-in-progress and this latest news should be directed to the help desk.
Diane

sheeletric 03-23-2012 08:56 AM

Sorry, I will not do that again. Thanks for telling to keep my mouth shut about our business.
Shelia

starlighthill 03-23-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheeletric (Post 2935285)
Sorry, I will not do that again. Thanks for telling to keep my mouth shut about our business.
Shelia

I'm truly sorry if my remarks offended you. I wasn't telling you what to say or not to say; that's not my place. I was just stating my opinion and why I won't be discussing it on this forum.
Diane

Artemystik 03-23-2012 09:16 AM

Nervous now... :(

Although I agree with Diane (Starlighthill) that what is going should not really be shared on the forum, I still had to say something... I feel like we are sort of co-workers, and if this happened in an office I'm sure everyone would be buzzing around the water cooler talking about what's going on. This is our "Water Cooler" if you will... Although specifics should not be discussed, perhaps we could still discuss concerns, just to have a way to vent frustration.

I feel like I'm the rookie in training who is still waiting to receive an evaluation, and I'm wondering how this news is going to affect me to be honest. I'm not sure whether I should contact the help desk or not. I just sent my samples in on Tuesday, and have yet to hear back, not sure they've even been delivered to Titan yet. So I hesitate to contact the help desk, when I don't even know if they would have accepted my work yet or not. So I have to anxiously wait a bit I think (any suggestions? should someone in my position contact help yet?), but anxious doesn't really describe it. I've been out of work for 4 years now, and was hoping this might finally be my way of contributing to my family financially, so a lot of hopes were/are riding on those samples and what is happening. .../Sigh.... Of course this would happen the week I finally send my samples in for evaluation. I guess I'm worried now that I'm too late for this opportunity, but will have to wait and see...

Anxiously Waiting...

-Arte...

starlighthill 03-23-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemystik (Post 2935298)
Although I agree with Diane (Starlighthill) that what is going should not really be shared on the forum, I still had to say something... I feel like we are sort of co-workers, and if this happened in an office I'm sure everyone would be buzzing around the water cooler talking about what's going on. This is our "Water Cooler" if you will... Although specifics should not be discussed, perhaps we could still discuss concerns, just to have a way to vent frustration.

You're right, Arte, that is exactly what would be happening in a workplace. Working at home makes us isolated from one another and that makes us feel more unsure. The difference I see between this situation and a traditional workplace is that this forum is public and we have no idea who is listening to our conversation. To me, that seems unfair to the company since they aren't on here to represent themselves. I know we all want details, myself included, but think we have to be patient.
Right now I'm back honing my Mechanical Turk skills. I started doing a little last night and have made about $6. It's what I do to fill the gaps and keep money coming in. Once you've completed the initial 10 days you can request payment daily into your bank account. That is very nice:)

pomtwins 03-23-2012 09:41 AM

I too agree with Diane but I also agree with Artemystik! I am very nervous too because I am trying hard to perfect my technique in order to submit my 1st lot as per TC's evaluation. Now I am very worried that no matter how much I perfect my technique it may not make any difference. I do not want to waste my time working hard at this only to be let go. I do not know what to think or do??

Artemystik 03-23-2012 10:00 AM

Well I guess all we can do really is wait... and hope that our concerns/questions will be resolved soon by TC... But, waiting is hard... hehe

I guess for now I'll just work on making some of my own bracelets (making some with copper atm)-until I hear from Titan, and try not to go nuts waiting...

As far as your concerns pomtwins- I think I'd finish the bracelets and see what happens if it were me... But I see where you are coming from as well... They are time consuming to make, but seems like it's worth finishing the ones you have for sure, until we hear otherwise...

And Diane- you are exactly right. We do not know who is reading out there, and the company is not able to defend themselves... Wishing there were a Titan Chains workforce forum we could address these concerns on... So I will just make my copper bracelets until I hear something from Titan, or it's been long enough to contact them concerning my samples.

Here's hoping for resolution and clarity SOON!

-Arte

mustangsaguaro 03-23-2012 01:23 PM

It's been a few days since I've logged on to the site and saw this and was shocked. It sounds like some of you received an email from them. While some have not. I am one of those that have not gotten an email from them. Would any of you care to share the email you received from them perhaps in a private PM to me. I'd like to know what is going on. I promise not to share this to others if you care to PM me.

Thanks

pomtwins 03-23-2012 02:52 PM

I am at such a loss at what to do now. I do not want to work at this with all of the doubt I am feeling now. I am feeling very discouraged since there is enough I need to improve upon since I sent in the samples. If there is the slightest thing wrong with anything in my lot I am sure I will be sent packing now that they don't really need them anymore....

I am wondering if maybe I should just return the supplies I have left along with the tools and move on.

I understand how perhaps we all should not be discussing this here but then again think of how all of us that were kept in the dark about this feel now. I certainly feel like I am on very shaky ground. I have only invested money and lots of time, not earned anything as of yet.

I truly wanted to learn this craft and work hard for this company but I am so nervous about the whole thing.

mustangsaguaro 03-27-2012 01:18 PM

Well, I finally finished my first lot. Still had issues w/ making the ends on the memory wire. The end caps were a bit easier for me. But emailed the company and sounds like the changes they are making it will be easier and faster to make. I sure hope so. Will be sending my lot out in the mail later today or tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed that they accept it and will see a payment in my paypal acct.

Kim

luvsdragonflies 03-27-2012 03:07 PM

You guys can always sell your bracelets on etsy I have seen them for sell for like 60 dollars

Truckwife 03-28-2012 08:48 AM

Just to update everyone on my dealings with Titan.... I sent my first lot in on 3-16-12. I didn't hear anything until I sent the help desk an email Monday (3-26-12) evening asking about the status of my 1st lot and the materials for my 2nd lot. Tuesday (3-27-12) afternoon I received a reply saying that they sent the payout to my PayPal account and that the materials for my 2nd lot were sent out Monday. Oh and yes, I did confirm that the payout was sent to PayPal. Just thought you all might what to know.....

Lynne

F0xism 03-30-2012 05:26 PM

Hello everyone. I've been reading this thread for the past hour, reading almost every post and gather as much information as I could. I signed up awhile back and sent in a check and was told they received the funds on the 26th. I paid for priority shipping and haven't gotten the kit yet.

I have to admit, I am still worried about this. I noticed a few people were let go after sending in their first lot. I'm really sorry that happened and hope that it won't happen in my case. This job is kind of a last ditch effort to make money so I can move out of the place I'm currently in.

I really, really hope this works out for me. I've had some experience with wire-workings and have used some heavier gauged stuff on top of some knitting and other yarn stuff. I don't think getting the wires nice and tight enough will be too much of a problem for me.

msuggitt 04-02-2012 08:28 AM

To me, it doesn't sound like anything that needs to be kept 'top secret' is going on. They are merely changing customers and products which is normal for any wholesaler of art of any kind. I didn't see any confidential info or real dirt, just normal questions/concerns about the changes.

Customers come and go depending on demand. Sounds like their sales team is on the ball and who knows, it may be an even bigger client. I am thinking that this is still a good company that will be providing work.

Plus, think of it as security in that you will now have more patterns if you were to venture out on your own.

mustangsaguaro 04-02-2012 09:18 AM

For those of you who have been paid by TC I know they usually pay on Tues. can you tell me about what time the payment will show up in your paypal acct. I know they are on the west coast, so am I.

I sent my first lot in last week so am hoping and crossing my fingers that I get paid and will be able to continue working for them. Patiently waiting. The waiting is killing me.

Kim

paperprincess70 04-03-2012 09:52 AM

Help?

I've been lurking here for a bit and I'm sure the answer to my question is somewhere in this forum, but I can't seem to find it. I have also checked the Titan Chains regular site and IC site but can't find the answer.

I have been working really hard to perfect my wire weaving before sending in my samples. I had planned to use "practice" wire but didn't make it to the store to get some and got too anxious to wait. Now I am running out of the wire that TC sent. I'm sure I don't have enough to complete the set.

Anybody know where to get more of the wire? Can I order direct from them? And if yes, how do I go about that?

Thanks in advance to any and all who are willing to help. :o

paperprincess70 04-03-2012 09:59 AM

I spoke too soon...

Sorry all... I just found the link on the TC website for ordering supplies. However, it is $40 for 400 feet of wire. I was hoping to get away with spending less than that. Ah, well... lesson learned.

I think I'll get my samples approved before investing the money.

If anyone has any ideas about where I might be able to buy the wire in smaller quantities, I would be grateful.

Thanks!!

bentvalve 04-03-2012 10:47 AM

i too have been thinking about doing this. i have a wild 2 year old that is in my care at the same time. so i need something like tht to be able to make some kind of income..im trying the bloggin thing aswell titan look like its good to go. please post ur trial with it!! don

PMC 04-03-2012 02:21 PM

Hi, I too discovered I would not have enough wire to complete my full set after perfecting the samples. I sent an email to [email protected] explaining the situation and asked if they could provide me with additional wire. They responded that it would be no problem and that they could send out more wire when they returned my samples and evaluation report. I included my original email request and their response with my samples--I did receive a full order of wire with my returned samples. Hope this helps.

paperprincess70 04-03-2012 03:01 PM

PMC -
That helps immensely! Thank you so much for the response!

mustangsaguaro 04-04-2012 11:02 AM

Well, got my first payment from TC :). Now just waiting to see if I will be getting more supplies to continue w/ the bracelets. I requested supplies be sent last week but I was told on new people they wait to send supplies until after lot has been approved. Hopefully they will come soon.

Artemystik 04-04-2012 08:44 PM

Received my Evaluation :)

Hi all! Just thought I'd share that I received my evaluation of my samples in the mail yesterday. I was pleased with the feedback they provided- essentially they felt all looked quite well; just a couple things I need to improve upon: being sure to not overwork the memory wire, and making sure there are no gaps in the endcaps. So I happily started making bracelets again, and finished 3 style 2 bracelets in about 5 hours. I started my style 1 bracelets today, and have only finished half of one in about 3 hours of work... :^/ Style 1 is definitely slower, but hopefully will start getting quicker with more practice. My goal is to finish the lot to mail in by Saturday. Just thought I'd share. I haven't heard anything about them not making the bracelets anymore (or not wanting crafters to make them, that is), so I'm just going to keep going with it until I hear otherwise from TC. Hope bracelet making is going well for you all out there, I'm back to it! Hopefully will finish at least one style 1 tonight! Hoping practice will make it go quicker. :)

-Arte :)

msuggitt 04-06-2012 07:59 AM

They aren't going anywhere, just working on adding new style for new customer. I spoke with them and plan on making bracelets with the rest of you this summer. :)

F0xism 04-06-2012 05:46 PM

Has anyone else paid by check? They seem to be giving me a lot of issues and frustrating me immensely. I didn't have the funds to do this so someone else paid for it for me. They got and cashed the check on the 26th but still aren't sending me my supplies even though I paid for priority shipping.

They're giving me a line of bull. I understand that some people send bad checks and they bounce, but this is obviously not the case since they already cashed the damn thing and the funds were there.

Whoever I was emailing back and forth with said "Yeah I'll call my bank right now and check." But I doubt so and so actually did.

adafwife 04-08-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F0xism (Post 2941815)
Has anyone else paid by check? They seem to be giving me a lot of issues and frustrating me immensely. I didn't have the funds to do this so someone else paid for it for me. They got and cashed the check on the 26th but still aren't sending me my supplies even though I paid for priority shipping.

They're giving me a line of bull. I understand that some people send bad checks and they bounce, but this is obviously not the case since they already cashed the damn thing and the funds were there.

Whoever I was emailing back and forth with said "Yeah I'll call my bank right now and check." But I doubt so and so actually did.

They arent sending out supplies right now because they dont have any. The bracelets that we all were making arent in demand anymore so they are switching to a new style. As soon as the new style is ready to go they will ship it out to all the crafters. This all happened on March 22 before you signed up. I was told things should be ready to go by April 15th. I just got my 1st check in the mail yesterday (Sat). They really are a legit company. We all are waiting for new lots to arrive and those that are working right now are working on the old style. They signed up and got thier lots before March 22. Titain is keeping their word that all lots that are still out right now will be paid in full, even though Titan wont be making any money off them. They most likely will be losing money on the last reamining lots that are out. They dont have to do that but they are. Most companies would just say "oh well sorry for you" but Titan isnt. And because of that i am sticking with the company, and being patient while they sort things out.

bentvalve 04-09-2012 10:30 AM

titan

hey guys! could anyone post up some pictures of this product? i want to check this out!! thanks..don

luvsdragonflies 04-09-2012 02:53 PM

I think page 39 or 40 had some pictures

mustangsaguaro 04-10-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bentvalve (Post 2942665)
hey guys! could anyone post up some pictures of this product? i want to check this out!! thanks..don

There are some pics on some pages back. You will have to go back and look. I posted a somewhat tutorial. You can get the idea of what it looks like. However the company is changing things so not sure if the pattern is going to be the same or different. They are trying to make it easier and faster to make. They are eliminating some stuff that you do at the end to complete the bracelets. They have yet to send out the new instructions/materials. I got a letter yesterday stating that they should know by April 12.

odglass4u 04-11-2012 06:10 AM

titan chains

i wish they would let you use the lazzee daisyee tool on this what i`ve seen in the videos it seems a lot faster and :cool eaiser to do :cool:

msuggitt 04-12-2012 08:23 AM

Just stopping by to check in on the progress of the new style. I'm glad to hear you've gotten recent emails. I wish that new posters to the forum would read the threads before posting, they would see that the company was in the process of change and by the end of April should be under way with the new style and not to get frustrated.:(

paperprincess70 04-12-2012 10:47 AM

I ordered JUST BEFORE...

I ordered my kit just days before hearing about this possible change. I have not gotten any information from TC about a change in style or anything like that. I'm just continuing to work on the 2 styles that came in the kit. For me, it's very slow-going. I work full time and my husband gets jealous (for lack of a better word) when I'm paying attention to anything other than him when I get home from work.

I've almost gotten one of the samples done.

Does anybody here think that I should just stop trying so hard to perfect and just wait for the new directions? I'm feeling like I need to just continue with what they gave me, but I'll be bummed if I've perfected my weaving for nothing.

Any advice?

Thanks!

PMC 04-12-2012 11:18 AM

My advice would be to continue working with the kit you received. . finish your samples and get them sent in for evaluation. An earlier post indicated that Titan Chains is honoring their commitment to pay for those outstanding lots. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to contact Titan Chains by phone or email, they are very forthcoming.

nm_353 04-13-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msuggitt (Post 2944095)
Just stopping by to check in on the progress of the new style. I'm glad to hear you've gotten recent emails. I wish that new posters to the forum would read the threads before posting, they would see that the company was in the process of change and by the end of April should be under way with the new style and not to get frustrated.:(

I understand all about a company changing... But why continue to still take money for a job that they dont have worked out yet? The TC site still accepts money and new workers for the chains... I have read every reply in this thread, had my debit card out to order until I got to this part of the thread. I dont like the fact of someone taking my money, not telling me anything, and not having anything to show for it.. Is there any other info at this time?

princess4ever 04-14-2012 01:11 AM

well i'm glad to see people are making money. i guess i will wait for the new style to come out before applying. i will keep an eye on the boards for all of you who have ordered but haven't gotten anything yet. please keep posting updates. i can't wait to try this for some extra cash.

F0xism 04-14-2012 06:47 PM

So I got my kit finally. I am an ace at the single weave style but I am floundering with the double weave.

The images they offer up are pitiful and blurry and the instructions are pretty vague to me. I also can't find a video anywhere that demonstrates the double weave. Well, there is a DVD but I don't have the money to shell out for a dang DVD.

I can't remember if anyone posted any pictures of a double weave but if someone could point me in some positive direction with this pain in the thumbs style, I would appreciate it greatly.

Truckwife 04-15-2012 10:24 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by F0xism (Post 2945126)
So I got my kit finally. I am an ace at the single weave style but I am floundering with the double weave.

The images they offer up are pitiful and blurry and the instructions are pretty vague to me. I also can't find a video anywhere that demonstrates the double weave. Well, there is a DVD but I don't have the money to shell out for a dang DVD.

I can't remember if anyone posted any pictures of a double weave but if someone could point me in some positive direction with this pain in the thumbs style, I would appreciate it greatly.

This is what the help desk sent me when I had trouble. Hope it helps!

Lynnehttp://www.wahm.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3558&stc=1&d=133451044 2http://www.wahm.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3559&stc=1&d=133451047 2http://www.wahm.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3560&stc=1&d=133451049 0http://www.wahm.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3561&stc=1&d=133451050 6