WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

pittypat 11-23-2014 12:04 PM

Lengths

Thanks again, Neah.

snurfy2k 01-05-2015 03:21 PM

Hey everyone! This thread has been quiet so I thought I would see how everyone was doing with their bracelets!!

violetTanya 01-05-2015 03:41 PM

tips & tricks

I just got my crafter ID# Saturday! Only took me 2 tries! Practice, practice, and MORE practice!
I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but for anyone first starting out, I've found that the little washers they give you just don't hold the starter bundle in place well enough for me. Instead, I use some cheap small rubber bands. (Package of 100 for only a dollar or two.) Also, and I can't stress this enough, as you work your way down the mandrel, every few rows, wiggle some of your completed chain off. If you get too much on it becomes close to impossible to get it off. (Found that out the hard way & ended up having to cut the whole thing off!)
Lastly, I also use a pair of cheap latex gloves while I work. They help protect my hands/fingers but still give me really good control.
Well, I'm off to start my first lot!

violetTanya 01-05-2015 03:53 PM

completed work

Also, anyone who wants to, can visit my website at: squareup.com/market/kydanjenjewelry or follow me on Twitter at: @KyDanJenjewelry
You can see photos of my finished pieces & purchase as well. (NOTE: the Viking knit bracelets I have posted for sale are NOT made with Titan supplies; instead, I have purchased similar supplies from other sources & have taken some liberties with the beads/charms and the ends. I'm actually quite proud of a few of them!)

snurfy2k 01-05-2015 04:00 PM

That's awesome!! I use rubber bands too! ;-) I'm "patiently" waiting on a lot key right now...I didn't do that much between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I'm ready to get back into doing them at a steady pace!!

violetTanya 01-05-2015 04:52 PM

The holidays were pretty busy for me at work & I didn't have much time to do anything except eat, sleep, & work. I really didn't get much done myself! I'm ready for the new year though & more than ready to get a good rhythm going on making these. I sold a few of the ones I made with the different supplies over the holidays. (My problem is that I keep wanting to take all my profits & buy new/different materials! lol)

violetTanya 01-08-2015 10:19 AM

Looking for tips/help

I'm having some trouble with my chain....When I get to the double weave portion of the chain, I can't seem to get the wire to thread. Its so tight that I can't even use the scribe to make it big enough to get the wire behind it! Anyone else having this problem, & if so, how do you solve it? I've gone so far as to lay the mandrel down & putting the scribe where I need it & tapping the end with a hammer! (Didn't help, btw!) Anyone have any tips or tricks, it would be really appreciated!

leyusha 01-08-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violetTanya (Post 3241996)
I'm having some trouble with my chain....When I get to the double weave portion of the chain, I can't seem to get the wire to thread. Its so tight that I can't even use the scribe to make it big enough to get the wire behind it! Anyone else having this problem, & if so, how do you solve it? I've gone so far as to lay the mandrel down & putting the scribe where I need it & tapping the end with a hammer! (Didn't help, btw!) Anyone have any tips or tricks, it would be really appreciated!

I asked titan for advise with this problem and they told me to pull the wire up when you weave and it does help a lot. I guess when you pull the wire as close to the chain as you can it lives bigger space.

violetTanya 01-08-2015 11:23 AM

Thanks for the advice! I'm about to start another chain & I'll try that out!

leyusha 01-08-2015 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violetTanya (Post 3242005)
Thanks for the advice! I'm about to start another chain & I'll try that out!

you're welcome, hope it'll work for you