WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

Neah 10-22-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee908 (Post 3233708)
Hello. Can someone do a video? It would be really helpful. I have been trying to get the viking knit part down but I cant get it to look like my sample. I want to know if this is how it should look. Once I pull it through the draw plate the loops are still big but everything is longer. Anyone have tips for securing the mandrel? I have just been using my hand.
-Lee

you should look on YouTube for viking knit weave, that helped me quite a bit when i first started out. I had a real hard time trying to get my loops as tight as the sample and got real frustrated with it so finally after my 3rd attempt i emailed titan and they said that it was a really tight sample and that i doesn't have to be that small! Once u pull your chain trough the draw plate it's normal that ur weave gets bigger and the chain gets longer ;).

here is a picture of my sample chain(top) vs the sample(bottom) I got from titan! Hope it helps..
http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...ps85455aaf.jpg

Lee908 10-30-2014 01:12 AM

Thanks for the picture. I havent been working on it lately almost wanted to give up but I really need this to work out. I am having trouble with my double weave is there any videos that were helpful to you? I cant find any good ones. After you make a few single rows and knit onto it do you have to keep making single rows and then going back up 2?

Neah 10-30-2014 09:24 PM

I know it's a little confusing at first!! I'm not sure if there's a video on YouTube of a double Viking knit. I find the double weave way easier then the single weave!! But anyways u really only need to do about 2-3 rows in single weave and then u can start the double weave & it's pretty simply instead of only going up one row (like in single weaving) u go up two rows and you just continue until you run out if wire :-).. so once u start the double weave u don't have to go back and add more single weaves, you just keep weaving two rows above instead of one! Hope it makes sense... This site explains it as well http://www.ehow.com/how_8745744_do-d...ve.html#page=9 ! Don't give up yet!!!

5525carin 11-03-2014 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee908 (Post 3235330)
Thanks for the picture. I havent been working on it lately almost wanted to give up but I really need this to work out. I am having trouble with my double weave is there any videos that were helpful to you? I cant find any good ones. After you make a few single rows and knit onto it do you have to keep making single rows and then going back up 2?

Here is a link with some visuals for the double weave Wildflower Designs: Viking Knit Tutorial Variations - Double Knit and Variegated style
Here is a link to a video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wReV1w0q6Sk
I hope that this will help you and that you will not give up.

violetTanya 11-04-2014 03:12 PM

Quick question from a newbie

This has probably already been asked & answered, but could anyone tell me how long it will take to get my kit once I've ordered it?
Thanks in advance!

5525carin 11-04-2014 07:22 PM

Titan Chains is very quick to ship, you should receive your kit within a week.

Lee908 11-06-2014 10:49 AM

Thanks for your help guys. Both sources helped me understand what I was doing wrong now I just have to practice some more. :)

violetTanya 11-07-2014 03:31 PM

Help!!!

I just got my kit today and I'm already ready to throw in the towel! I'm trying to do the interchangeable bracelet but this wire is really making me PO'd! I can't hold on to the mandrel, my loops are 9 kinds of screwed up, the wire keeps kinking...pretty much everything that could go wrong, IS GOING WRONG! Is there ANYBODY out there willing to send this newbie a 'Complete Idiots Guide & Video' to my email? If not, then I will give up! I need this (desperately) to work out. I literally live paycheck to (a week before) paycheck & I'm starting to feel like I just wasted a weeks worth of groceries. (I really mean that...I've been eating Ramen noodles for 4 days just so I could pay for the basic kit!)
My email is [email protected]

5525carin 11-07-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violetTanya (Post 3236298)
I just got my kit today and I'm already ready to throw in the towel! I'm trying to do the interchangeable bracelet but this wire is really making me PO'd! I can't hold on to the mandrel, my loops are 9 kinds of screwed up, the wire keeps kinking...pretty much everything that could go wrong, IS GOING WRONG! Is there ANYBODY out there willing to send this newbie a 'Complete Idiots Guide & Video' to my email? If not, then I will give up! I need this (desperately) to work out. I literally live paycheck to (a week before) paycheck & I'm starting to feel like I just wasted a weeks worth of groceries. (I really mean that...I've been eating Ramen noodles for 4 days just so I could pay for the basic kit!)
My email is [email protected]

Go to youtube and type in viking knit tutorial. Watch as many of these type of videos as you can to get a visual understanding of how it is done. One thing to keep in mind is that you are using a very small mandrel for this project and you will probably see much bigger ones being used. If you can, go to Michaels or Joanns and get some 24 gauge wire to use for practicing. Remember to print your coupon and Michaels will take competitor coupons. Also, go back and read as much as you can in this forum because there is a lot of good tips. I promise you that once you get used to holding the wire it gets so much easier.

One other tip is to get some workers gloves with the rubber coating on the fingers and palms. These will save your hands.

Ternole 11-08-2014 07:22 PM

How long does it take to make a bracelet?