WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

Neah 09-16-2014 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leyusha (Post 3230019)
Hello everybody,
Thank you for sharing your experiences, reading these messages helped me decide to trust Titan and sign up with them. I wanted to see if anyone struggles with putting chains on the memory wire - it seems to be the hardest part for me. I'm assembling my first lot - the chain-making process is pretty enjoyable, but the chains just won't go over the memory wire. Last night I spent 3 hours with just one chain. I've read here that someone made chains so tight they wont come off the mandrel. Mine are as tight as I can get them but come off the mandrel without too much struggle so they are not too tight, I guess, but as tight as the sample that got accepted. When I did my sample I was able to twist it onto memory wire relatively easily. Anyone has a special technique maybe? Any help will be greately appreciated. Thank you

Hi leyusha.. what I do is straighten out the ends of my memory wire and then hold on to the memory wire with one of my pliers, then I wrap the chain with the blue cloth they give u so it's easier on the hands and then I can usally just push the memory wire trough with my pliers. Sometimes the chain does get stuck and then I just give it a twist & usually it goes on fairly easy :). Just a reminder if u do straighten out the end either cut the memory wire longer so u can cut those straight ends off, or what I do, I just carefully bend it back in shape once my bracelet is finished!! Hope that helps!!

leyusha 09-17-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neah (Post 3230300)
Hi leyusha.. what I do is straighten out the ends of my memory wire and then hold on to the memory wire with one of my pliers, then I wrap the chain with the blue cloth they give u so it's easier on the hands and then I can usally just push the memory wire trough with my pliers. Sometimes the chain does get stuck and then I just give it a twist & usually it goes on fairly easy :). Just a reminder if u do straighten out the end either cut the memory wire longer so u can cut those straight ends off, or what I do, I just carefully bend it back in shape once my bracelet is finished!! Hope that helps!!

Hi Neah,
Thank you sooo much for your advice. I was almost in tears and ready to give up, read your message, didn't understand just by reading how to push the wire in but then decided to just do it and it worked!!!! It's still a bit hard sometimes but I'm not desperate anymore. Thanks again and all the best!

Neah 09-17-2014 07:20 PM

Glad I could help :)

GeekyMommy 09-18-2014 06:52 PM

Hello. I just ordered a deluxe kit and I am excited to start this. It looks like a lot of fun. Is this a viking knit? It looks very much like one but I asked them in an email and they never answered that part of my question. How many stitches? I have my own mandrel from when I use to make my own bracelets. I wonder if I can just use that one or is it very specific? I havent viewed the instructions yet. My internet isnt very fast.

Neah 09-19-2014 05:11 AM

Hi geekymommy.. yes it is a Viking knit! Titan is very specific on making the bracelets with only their products. Usually one chain has 3 stitches and so far I've only had to do the single & double weave technique. I would definitley read trough their instructions, it's pdf so u could print it out if that's easier.

Mrsping29 09-20-2014 01:40 PM

Woohoo just got my approved Titan I.d # I'm beyond excited! Just ordered my first lot key and resell kit! Good luck everyone!

GeekyMommy 09-20-2014 03:31 PM

Thanks Neah for your reply. I am so excited to get started! Congrats to you Mrsping. I hope I can get mine approved too. :)

Mrsping29 09-21-2014 11:11 AM

Was just wondering I requested my lot key yesterday and have yet to recieve one. Wondering if I'll get it on Monday? Anyone know how long it takes to get your lot key?

5525carin 09-21-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrsping29 (Post 3230910)
Was just wondering I requested my lot key yesterday and have yet to recieve one. Wondering if I'll get it on Monday? Anyone know how long it takes to get your lot key?

You should get it tomorrow, I do not think they work the weekends.

pehlearise 09-25-2014 01:23 AM

a little confused

So I am thinking about doing this.... Can anyone tell me which kit I should purchase, and I noticed on the website it said to get a kit that makes at least one interchangeable. I do not know the difference between interchangeable and beaded.

Does anyone have any advice on which kit to purchase and how this whole shin dig works?
I want to order asap but would like more information! If anyone can share it

Thanks!