WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

Truckwife 08-05-2014 10:24 AM

Hey Fellow Crafters, I saw something new at the bottom of the Titan Chains website today.

http://www.marthastewart.com/america...e/titan-chains

Not sure if I copied that correctly, we'll just have to see I guess. Anyway, if you go to the Titan Chains website, at the bottom of any page it will have a symbol you can click on and it will take you to the Martha Stewart American Made Nominee site. Kind of exciting for Titan Chains & Titan Crafters (that would be you and me!!:D) to be nominated, huh? Just thought I would pass on the info... I also put it on my FB page and Twitter, I figure the more exposure the better for all of us.....pass it on!!

Happy Weaving,

Lynne

snurfy2k 08-05-2014 11:40 PM

I saw that Lynne and thought it was pretty cool!! There's a place to share it on Facebook and Twitter to increase their chance of getting a wild card spot! Titan also has their own Facebook page that I try to share on my Facebook periodically! The more business we can continue to drum up for them, the busier we can stay! ;-)

Sweets2005 08-12-2014 07:10 PM

I'm thinking of doing this and I was wondering if it was terribly difficult? Thanks!

Truckwife 08-13-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweets2005 (Post 3225962)
I'm thinking of doing this and I was wondering if it was terribly difficult? Thanks!

Hi Sweets,

If you haven't already, you should probably read this entire thread. It will not only give you some wonderful tips about learning the process, but will also let you know about some of the pitfalls. Everyone has their own idea of what is "terribly difficult", but what I can tell you is it takes a bit of practice and determination, but once you learn how to do it, it seems easy! What I would suggest you do is buy some wire and look for viking knit on youtube and practice to see if it's something you want to do.

Truckwife

5525carin 08-28-2014 07:28 AM

I signed up again with Titan Chains and received my kit this past Monday. I am pleasantly surprised at the changes made since Titans first was started. Though still a bit challenging the wire that is now used is so much easier to work with. I will be sending in my sample wrap tomorrow or Monday for them to review. I am so happy I decided to give this another try.

Ternole 09-04-2014 06:04 PM

how long does it take to make one bracelet?

Neah 09-09-2014 10:46 AM

@Ternole
A bracelet consists of 2 chains.. it takes me abouth 45 min for one chain & I usually don't assemble my bracelet until I have my 20 chains.

5525carin 09-10-2014 04:19 AM

I just got approval yesterday and am ready to start making my first lot!!:)

Mrsping29 09-13-2014 08:41 AM

Should be getting my sample and evaluation report today! :) I found it quite easy to work this bracelet. Yes I had trouble on the end loops but it's tight. I'm not expecting to be approved the first time but let's hope so!

leyusha 09-13-2014 06:06 PM

Hello everybody,
Thank you for sharing your experiences, reading these messages helped me decide to trust Titan and sign up with them. I wanted to see if anyone struggles with putting chains on the memory wire - it seems to be the hardest part for me. I'm assembling my first lot - the chain-making process is pretty enjoyable, but the chains just won't go over the memory wire. Last night I spent 3 hours with just one chain. I've read here that someone made chains so tight they wont come off the mandrel. Mine are as tight as I can get them but come off the mandrel without too much struggle so they are not too tight, I guess, but as tight as the sample that got accepted. When I did my sample I was able to twist it onto memory wire relatively easily. Anyone has a special technique maybe? Any help will be greately appreciated. Thank you