WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

Kimber76 07-18-2014 09:23 PM

Thank you!!! Snurfy2k :)

Mayra 07-21-2014 12:15 PM

an update

Hi gals/guys!
Just wanted to give a little update of our chain. The shipping was fast. I got it in a couple of days. My husband and I have been working on it and I am sooo happy. stitch 1 is apple pie, but stitch 2 makes me a little nervous. It looks sort of ugly, so I guess I'm doing something wrong ;( . The awesome part is that I know that this is doable, and if I can get paid like others on this forum have, then praise GOD.
I'll come back when I send it off.
If anyone would post a picture of what one of their chains or better yet, one of their stitch 2 looks like, I would feel so much better about mine. thanks.

Neah 07-21-2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayra (Post 3222736)
Hi gals/guys!
Just wanted to give a little update of our chain. The shipping was fast. I got it in a couple of days. My husband and I have been working on it and I am sooo happy. stitch 1 is apple pie, but stitch 2 makes me a little nervous. It looks sort of ugly, so I guess I'm doing something wrong ;( . The awesome part is that I know that this is doable, and if I can get paid like others on this forum have, then praise GOD.
I'll come back when I send it off.
If anyone would post a picture of what one of their chains or better yet, one of their stitch 2 looks like, I would feel so much better about mine. thanks.

Hi mayra if u go back to page 99 there is a few pictures of finished chains :)

Mayra 07-21-2014 03:28 PM

Much thanks

I was so excited to go to page 99 and see that mine looks just the same. Although, I have to give all the credit to my husband, who has fully taken over. I think I will end up being the one who puts the memory wire and beads on. hehehehe

I so appreciate this website and Neah's quick response. You guys/gals totally rock!!!!!

gingerbread 07-22-2014 08:30 AM

I haven't posted in a long time because I had to quit working on my bracelets. I had one to go to finish my last lot and I was in so much pain I couldn't finish.

Titan gave me a leave of absence and said I could work on my bracelets once again when I was well. I'm afraid this is not going to be possible.

I woke up one morning and couldn't walk. Lots of pain and dragging my left leg.
This was caused from sitting in one position for too long.

Piriformis syndrome is an uncommon neuromuscular disorder that is caused when the piriformis muscle compresses the sciatic nerve. The piriformis muscle is a flat, band-like muscle located in the buttocks near the top of the hip joint. This muscle is important in lower body movement because it stabilizes the hip joint and lifts and rotates the thigh away from the body. This enables us to walk, shift our weight from one foot to another, and maintain balance. It is also used in sports that involve lifting and rotating the thighs -- in short, in almost every motion of the hips and legs.

The sciatic nerve is a thick and long nerve in the body. It passes alongside or goes through the piriformis muscle, goes down the back of the leg, and eventually branches off into smaller nerves that end in the feet. Nerve compression can be caused by spasm of the piriformis muscle.

Piriformis syndrome usually starts with pain, tingling, or numbness in the buttocks. Pain can be severe and extend down the length of the sciatic nerve (called sciatica). The pain is due to the piriformis muscle compressing the sciatic nerve, such as while sitting on a car seat or running. Pain may also be triggered while climbing stairs, applying firm pressure directly over the piriformis muscle, or sitting for long periods of time. Most cases of sciatica, however, are not due to piriformis syndrome.

Piriformis Syndrome Diagnosis

There is no definitive test for piriformis syndrome. In many cases, there is a history of trauma to the area, repetitive, vigorous activity such as long-distance running, or prolonged sitting. Diagnosis of piriformis syndrome is made by the patient’s report of symptoms and by physical exam using a variety of movements to elicit pain to the piriformis muscle. In some cases, a contracted or tender piriformis muscle can be found on physical exam.

I am much better but still can not sit for any length of time and still have an aching pain from my lower back to my ankle a lot of the time. I spent at least four hours each and every day making my bracelets and this is not possible now and probably never will be again. ):

I had no warning signs this was going to happen.. I did have aching legs every once in a while when I was trying to go to sleep.

Good luck to all of you and I can't tell you how terribly disappointing this condition is because I so wanted to make these bracelets.

Again much luck to all.

Mayra 07-30-2014 08:47 AM

Another update

3 Attachment(s)
I sent in our Sample yesterday, (7/29/14) and I've been tracking it's movements. I am soo nervous it's not even funny. I keep thinking how bad we need this job and how much more we could do for our children.

what do you guys/gals think? Is it nice enough

Neah 07-31-2014 07:19 AM

Mayra it looks pretty good to me i can't really see the loops that well, cause the pictures are a little blurry. I do think u might have to tighten them a little, but titan chains is going to give u nice detailed review.
this was my sample if it helps :) (don't mind my end bead I used 3mm instead of 2mm on one side)
http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1406816297

Mayra 07-31-2014 11:50 AM

Awesome

Thank you so much for this post. I see that my husband did it just like yours. I can't believe that his stitch can get any more tighter!!! I guess you are right and we will have to wait. I had read somewhere in the posts that someone had gotten terminated with TC for not following directions, so I will be patient ;)

Breeze Uniques 08-04-2014 08:29 PM

New

Hello Everybody! Hope all is well!

I have read this entire thread on creating Titan Chains and I think I'm going to try it. I am a very "artsy fartsy" person and love crafts and anything that deals with art. (I wood burn, paint, draw, tattoo, sculpt, cut, paste.. you name it, I can do it)

I was just laid off from my job of 5 years and am 4 1/2 months pregnant. Working at home doing what I love to do would be a dream come true... besides... who's going to hire a pregnant woman?

The only question I have is which starter kit should I purchase? I was going to get the basic kit but I want more material in case I mess up so maybe the deluxe kit?? Any advise on which kit I should start off with?

Any information would be greatly appreciated! :D Have a nice night!

Truckwife 08-05-2014 09:43 AM

Hello and Welcome,

I bought the tool kit and the resell supply kit, but that was only because I already had the other tools. So it really depends on what you need, all the kits come with a little extra wire but if you wanted more than what is in the Basic Kit you could also get the personal supply kit. OR ...You could just get the Basic Kit and go to a craft store and get wire for practicing. When I first started learning I bought some real thin wire (26 gauge) at Walmart and then I bought a thicker wire (22 gauge) that was the only choices I had at my (hole in the wall) Walmart. That actually worked out very well for me because the thin wire I used when trying to learn the process was very easy to work with, then I switched to the thicker wire and had trouble at first but got better after a while. Then ordered my first and the wire was much easier to work with than that 22 gauge. Hope all of that was of some help! LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breeze Uniques (Post 3224790)
Hello Everybody! Hope all is well!

I have read this entire thread on creating Titan Chains and I think I'm going to try it. I am a very "artsy fartsy" person and love crafts and anything that deals with art. (I wood burn, paint, draw, tattoo, sculpt, cut, paste.. you name it, I can do it)

I was just laid off from my job of 5 years and am 4 1/2 months pregnant. Working at home doing what I love to do would be a dream come true... besides... who's going to hire a pregnant woman?

The only question I have is which starter kit should I purchase? I was going to get the basic kit but I want more material in case I mess up so maybe the deluxe kit?? Any advise on which kit I should start off with?

Any information would be greatly appreciated! :D Have a nice night!