Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:13 AM
WAHM Addict

Default For those that sell crafts

For those that sell knitted or crocheted items, how do you figure the cost for your time? Or do you? I don't have the opportunity to start something and keep going until I finish. It is stop and start. Do you just write down how long you worked on something and then total it? Thanks for any ideas.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Registered WAHM

I'm curious about this too. I don't factor in the time as much as I probably should because I mostly make "quick" things (caps & scarves) that I can usually do up in one sitting. OTOH, the yarn cost for these items tends to be pretty low. I try to keep my prices comparable to other handmade goods I see...
Old 01-14-2014, 07:33 AM
WAHM Regular

I just found a formula for this recently. It says that crafters make between $10 - $20 an hour + the cost of materials. That x 2 gives you the wholesale price, the wholesale price x 2 gives you the retail price.

BUT - I also have that problem with I can work on a custom order doing all the jobs I have to do on regular orders...

There was another formula that that also added 10-15% to the cost of materials for overhead.

:/

It's something to play with.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:31 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Craft Sellers...do you need worldwide exposure?

YOU CAN INSTANTLY INCREASE YOUR SALES

...by plugging your products and services into TripleClicks.

- We take you global! Reach millions of potential customers worldwide on one of the fastest growing, international e-commerce sites on the Web.

- We put the marketing muscle of over 100,000 SFI affiliates to work for you, promoting and selling your products and services in over 20,000 cities in over 190 countries!

- Simply sign up, submit your products and services, and get ready to take orders! It's quick, simple, and there's no risk because you pay nothing unless we get you sales.

Get complete details at http://www.tripleclicks.com/13652621.64/ECA

Last edited by calvarenga; 01-26-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:17 AM
Awesome WAHM

I came across this site a couple of weeks ago and it has some awesome information on it: Crochet for Profit - Tips for Making Money with Crocheting
I am working on some baby blankets on my down time and have compared my work to those on etsy. I will probably price mine a little lower than most and not ship overseas. It will be trial and error.