Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:14 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Handmade Gifts from Crafts

How 'bout a thread for handmade gifts from your crafts? Would love to see that one on here; maybe is already and I missed it?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2014, 11:17 PM
WAHM Regular

I do a few things like dog clothes,jewelry, bags
Old 04-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Awesome WAHM

So I have a question for those of you who sell on Etsy. I have had a shop on there pretty much from when they first became known. I have listed things that I have made, jewelry & crochet/knit toys, plus some vintage/antique things this past summer.
I have never made a sale though. I have paid to promote on Etsys front page. I want to work on making some fairy crowns for little girls and at the moment I am about to list some baby blankets and baby shoes that I have crocheted and am just wondering what you do to promote your shop?
Old 04-16-2014, 09:55 PM
WAHM Regular

To make money on etsy you need to build links to your shop off of etsy and have other websites with your link to your shop. This is how google will rank you in the search engines and bring customers to your shop. Search engine traffic is where you have the greatest chance of a sale.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Registered WAHM

Newbie here too!

However I'm a seasoned seller on Etsy. My husband & I make and sell our jewelry full time on Etsy.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Registered WAHM

This is so gorgeous!!

Can anyone tell me more about selling on Etsy - do the pros beat the cons?
Old 06-08-2014, 04:36 AM
WAHM Addict

The pros absolutely beat the cons. It's a great place to sell. I'm in the process of opening a shop but it's empty right now. You will hear a lot of people to say that you need to re-list, re-list and re-list some more. Each time costing you 20 cents per item. I have never paid for any advertising there and I also don't play the re-list game. The shop I had there years ago was successful without it.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Making crafts

I am sorta following along to see how others sell their crafts. I do several different types and I am trying to figure out the best way to sell. Mostly mine have been made and given away, but love to start selling some. All the info has been very enlightening.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Don't you have to relist on etsy ? The listing expires after a few months.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:30 AM
WAHM Regular

Yes, it costs 20 cents to renew a listing after a few months.

If things are taking that long to sell (more than six months, for example), you might want to explore more marketing. Promote, promote, promote....

I had a large-ish quilt sell last month, and I'd had it on etsy off and on for years. The buyer was thrilled and left enthusiastic feedback. Even if I had renewed it regularly for two years, that's still only $1.80 in listing fees.

Be active in your etsy street teams (support forums) , regularly list new things, make treasuries to get the attention of other etsy sellers (not just your competitors!) Post on your facebook page and get your friends to post it, too. Pin them. Do blog and website posts about it. Keep your shop full, but don't have a broad range of items. I sell quilts, original quilt patterns, doll quilts, quilted potholders, table runners, etc. I don't want to confuse my "brand" with jewelry, oil paintings, or vintage items even if they are beautiful and valuable.