Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:10 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks so much for adding me! Also, your information regarding church fairs was so helpful. I think I will begin there (the insurance issue seems overwhelming to tackle right now : )
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2014, 11:12 AM
WAHM Regular

Love your blog, by the way!
Old 02-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Registered WAHM

I make and sell items that I make I look for local bazaars and vendor events to sell at as I have found that people like to touch and hold the items they buy.. I am a sewer and make all kinds of custom things with my own patterns. I did try Etsy and did not sell anything maybe my marketing skills are lacking I don't know!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:58 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftarella View Post
Love your blog, by the way!
Thank you!
The Church fairs are a lot of fun to do too!
Old 02-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Registered WAHM

I make wood products with my husband and we sell them on Etsy and locally and also at craft fairs. We also get custom orders and sell them there. My husband also works with chain mail and leather, and we also sell those on Etsy.

We don't get a lot of hits with Etsy, but whenever we go to craft fairs and hand out our cards, we get a lot of hits to our Etsy page afterward. I think sometimes folks see it in person and then go online later to see if they can find it somewhere else for less. This stinks, but I do it myself.

:P
Old 01-13-2015, 11:55 AM
WAHM Regular

I have used ebay and Etsy, as well as, Craigslist to sell things. Craigslist can be very lucrative, if you post in the correct category.

It's hard when you first start because funds are limited, but there are free option: eCrater.com allows you to list and sell things; instead of using PayPal, they use a company called Stripe (Stripe is nice if you are just starting out and don't want your money "held" for 90 days like PayPal does if you are a new seller)
Old 01-13-2015, 12:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Default My Handmade Items are Flying Off the Shelves

I sell on FB, Craigslist, Etsy shop, Bonanza and eCrater plus Amazon. In the beginning, it can be time consuming to set up and maintain accounts at all of these, but the return is enormous! Just Craigslist alone, if you post your for sale items in the correct categories, can keep you very busy! I make handmade items at my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ScriblzDesignStudio
Old 02-26-2015, 05:16 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile Madeurban.com

I sell on madeurban.com
I got sick of Etsy and all their fees and their change in terms of service now allowing mass manufactured goods. Made Urban is totally free to use and a really nice looking and easy to use site.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:13 AM
Registered WAHM

Smile Handmade Crafts

I sell on Etsy, Ebay and Craigslist and local fairs. Each place to sell your crafts has different advantages and disadvantages and some crafts sell better at one place than another. Good luck with selling your crafts online!
Old 03-07-2015, 05:43 AM
WAHM Regular

Never sold on Etsy, but the eBay traffic if fantastic. I don't think I have ever NOT sold anything there and I used to sell anything that wasn't tied down.

I sold some unique hand made items on eBay for a while. It worked out well, but I guess I lost interest in it.