Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Registered WAHM

I have been considering an etsy store also. I also want to do the arts & crafts shows that go on in my area. I am interested in renting booths and showing my art work. I have trouble buying supplies and finding time sometimes though, I work a full time job.. I wish i could craft all day!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Registered WAHM

I make handmade items, quite beautiful. But as I am just starting out, I haven't had any customers yet. Any idea where I could market my site? www handmadecreations123 weebly dot come

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorah View Post
I was just curious as to how many there are here that make their own items to sell? Whether on Etsy, Artfire, eBay or another venue. I am in the process of starting my own dog clothing and accessories line. I am building my own website but haven't discounted selling on Etsy or another venue until I can build a following. Would love to swap and share marketing ideas. Would also love to know what you make.

This is not the place to post links to your stores, you can do that in the Shop Handmade section. Although if you have over 30 posts, you can put the link in your signature. Just wanted to find others to chat with about the trials one can have when they craft for profit.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Registered WAHM

I love Etsy too! So much better than other online venues.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:23 AM
WAHM Regular

Looks like I need to set up on Esty. I haven't bee crazy about their fees, but I really need to grow a customer base. I have 2 craft fairs scheduled for this Fall/Winter, but I'm not anticipating many sells from there.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:42 AM
Registered WAHM

There is nothing specific as in what I make. Anything that inspires me or catches my eye is enough to motivate me. As of now, I don't sell my crafts. But would be soon in the future.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Registered WAHM

Has anyone had any luck with Storenvy? I set up shop there b/c it's free (and the layout is very user-friendly, which is good since I'm not all that tech-savvy) and I got a few watchers but I can't seem to get any sales...I do use fb to promote it but it's easy to disappear on the storenvy site...
Old 01-31-2014, 07:24 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi, HillMom,

I encourage you to register with Etsy, you will not regret it; great for increasing your customer base. I have yet to do a craft fair, and very much want to do so. What has been your overall view of craft fairs? Do you find it beneficial to increasing business? Thanks so much for your input!
Old 02-02-2014, 06:43 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftarella View Post
Hi, HillMom,

I encourage you to register with Etsy, you will not regret it; great for increasing your customer base. I have yet to do a craft fair, and very much want to do so. What has been your overall view of craft fairs? Do you find it beneficial to increasing business? Thanks so much for your input!
Seeing that you are in Seattle have you looked into getting a booth at Pikes Place Market? I have no idea what the cost would be but they seemed to be VERY busy when I was there. Such a cool place to visit.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:09 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi, thanks so much for your reply. Yes, I do sell my handmade crafts at my other Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ScriblzDesignStudio I am just starting to delve into Craft Fairs. Another question maybe you can help with. As I was researching Craft Fairs, I came across information regarding the requirement of insurance in order to have a booth; that stopped me quickly in my tracks because I don't have insurance, not sure how to go about that. Have you had any experience with that subject? Thanks so much!
Old 02-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Awesome WAHM

I am not sure about the insurance for a craft booth. That may be a state by state thing. I am originally from Illinois, on the boarder of Indiana. When I did some craft fairs I didn't need insurance for either state, but the fairs I did do were through Churches so that may make a difference also. Good Luck!
By the way you have some cute stuff on your etsy site, I added you to my favorites.

Last edited by 5525carin; 02-02-2014 at 11:47 AM.