Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:39 PM
WAHM Regular

I have worked for Gussies Gifts Inc for three years, making the dream catchers. At first getting them to pass inspection was hard, I too had issues, BUT in that you need to just stick with it. They are very picky at first, yes its not rocket science, but if they get you to make the item using their guidelines, you will produce items better and with some speed.

I have not made the angels, but when I have had issues with the dream catcher, I call and they are always there, and able to help explain things.

NO I do not work for them, I just make dream catcher and send them in when they give me the go ahead.

Good luck on your venture.

Michele
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 01:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi msmichy, I have a question. You make the dream catchers and hold on to them until they say to send them in? About how long have you had to hold your dream catchers? Does this happen each time?
Old 12-06-2013, 08:28 AM
WAHM Regular

Hello! As of recent, due to low requirements, I have not sent in any. If you are new and just starting out, you may call first and ask them.

Dont be shy about talking with them, and asking them questions. I call them about every 2 weeks and touch base.

I do know that usually in December they have their inventory and ask us makers not to send any from the 11th of December til after the first. They may have changed this, so I urge you to call and see.

Good luck and happy crafting!

Michele
Old 12-06-2013, 11:17 AM
WAHM Regular

Thank you for the information Michele. By reading the various websites it just seems like they always "need" your crafting items. Looks like I will be adding this to my list of questions to ask. Thanks!
Old 12-06-2013, 04:54 PM
WAHM Regular

You are very welcome. I realize that honest, true, and paying work at home companies are hard to come by, so if theres any way I can spread good news about one I have worked for, then I am heading down the right direction.

Good luck on your venture!

Michele
Old 12-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Registered WAHM

Just adding in here. I ordered the Faithful Heart Ankle Bracelets Wednesday, and got the kit today (Monday). I remember making things like this in High school, however, refreshing my memory is a tad frusterating right now. LOL. I have had to go back and redo a few things. But for the most part, I am pretty sure it wont take me long to get my sample done. I am moving in 2 weeks, and where I am going, Child care is no option, so working from home is the only option. My Fiance has a good job, so I basically need to make up the slack. So far though, I am pretty confident in this. I am going to rig me something to hold all the little strings so I can keep them untangled. Haha. I will let y'all know how it turns out! Oh! I also ordered a finished one to look off of.. So far it has saved my rear a couple times! So if you go into this, I HIGHLY recommend buying a finished product to compare your work too!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:42 AM
WAHM Regular

Heres an idea in regard to holding the threads... you can make little cardboard bobbins from anything cardboard.. cereal boxes etc and use a paper clip the hold the thread on the bobbin so it all does not unwind.

Good luck on this!! Just thought I would give a suggestion.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Registered WAHM

I actually took an old Laptop Table, and clipped a clip on light to the side. I went up to the local Dollar store and bought 8 of those small bag clips, use them to hold the thread in the right positions, and then use a bigger clip on the other end to hold the loop of the ankle bracelet in place. I can now manage to do a heart in about 7 minutes. It took me a bit to figure out how tight was to tight to knot them though. I THINK I now have it down! Will be sending in a sample next week. =)
Old 12-14-2013, 11:10 PM
WAHM Regular

RaissiKitten, I hope your sample is accepted. I wish you luck on your venture, and may you have no tangled threads or knots!!
Old 01-07-2014, 10:57 AM
Registered WAHM

Thanks! I have to say, I didn't get my sample in until last Friday. I moved, and the one I was working on I just didn't like. I went to Walmart and bought more supplies and made about 5 before I was satisfied enough by comparing mine and the sample they sent, to send it in. That being said, They received it Monday, so I will let y'all know as soon as I do if it passes or not. I highly, Highly recommend buying a sample should someone sign up. It helps you double check your work before having to send it in many times to be rejected. I am pretty confident, but not 100% on my last one. We will see!! Thanks for the support. No serious tangles yet! =)