Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeletric View Post
Dream Catchers

Well I received my dream catchers back, the whole lot. Five passed out of 25, So I am done with it. I have been trying to get a lot done since Nov. I guess they use a fine tooth comb to do the inspection. I do not see any reason why they should have not paid me foe them. So will move on and get over it as a lost cause.
Shelia
Shelia, you gave it a good try. Good luck with your next venture.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 01:36 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy6173 View Post
I have decided not to do the bracelets. I finally got the pattern down and to make one ankle bracelet it would take me 9-10 hours! That means one unit of 30 would take about 300 hours!! It really isn't too difficult, however, I highly doubt even my best one would pass their inspection. It is very time consuming and tedious. I find it very frustrating when I have worked on one for about two hours, then I might notice that a few of my knots aren't perfect or one of the hearts is a little off center! Even now that I have the pattern down, I have not been able to complete a single ankle bracelet because of the things I just mentioned. I have been working on them every single day for almost two weeks.
I have decided to order a kit from a different company. Granted it doesn't pay near as much, but people have gotten approved in a timely manner without too many issues. I would much rather work with things that are going to be fairly easy and at least make some extra money doing it.
I am not saying to not pursue the ankle bracelets if it is something you really want to do. Me personally, I can't see spending up to 300 hours for $120.00! Good luck to you
I agree to that thanks for letting me know about them.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Happiness Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilah71 View Post
I recently sent my finished happiness bell to Gussies. yes, i do agree that it is hard to make them. But im confident that with a lot of practice will do the trick in cutting the amount of time to make it. Like any job you start - needs a lot of practice to be perfect
I am still trying to get my bell together, How do you make it so that its tight enough?
Old 12-28-2012, 04:22 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aja-ne Avon Rep Lawson View Post
I am still trying to get my bell together, How do you make it so that its tight enough?
I'm also doing the bell. I sent in my 1st sample and there were a few things I need to work on, one being the bottom frills need to be tighter. They also said there was too much thread visible at the crown circle and the spacer columns are not straight and they have uneven spacing at crown circle. And the clapper was too loose. Everything else was fine. Does anyone have any tips on these things? Thanks in advance.

To answer Aja-ne Avon Rep Lawson's question what I did was go through each row of pearls a few times pulling tight. That seemed to work for the body of the bell. They didn't say anything about that so I'm assuming it was ok.Now I just have to get the other things correct and I'll be good.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:23 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy6173 View Post
Yes, it does take time to be perfect I haven't stopped working on the ankle bracelets because to be frank, I am bored while waiting for my other kit from a different company. I have to say I have gotten a little faster on doing them. I still haven't finished a complete one yet, but now it takes me about 2.5 hours for every 5 hearts, they want 17 hearts per ankle bracelet, so that would be about 8 hours for a completed one. That's not too bad. I will continue to work on them. Now that I have the pattern down, I am going to keep working on them so I can work on the quality and maybe send it in to see if it passes with them, or if they reject it. If they reject it, but if they say I am almost there or if the reasons for rejection are easy and fast fix, then I will most likely go back into full swing with these Ankle Bracelets. However, if they reject it and it is too time consuming to fix, I will still work on them, but not as much. Here are a couple of pictures that I think are much better than the ones I posted before...lol! The one that is dark brown and white I did on 5-30, the blue and pink one I did on 6-2. They're not perfect...but it's getting there
Amy - how's it going on the ankle bracelets? Looks like you're making good progress
Old 01-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Registered WAHM

Unhappy Not feelin so bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkats7 View Post
I just received my stater kit on Friday. I made two of the dream catchers, but am having some problems. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it. Here are the major problems I'm having:
1. Cannot get the weave super tight like the sample.
2. The center 1/2" hole keeps coming out off center
Again, any help would be appreciated since this is all new to me.

Good luck to those that have sent their samples ans sets in
My goodness! Ive searched and searched for perhaps an instructional video! My poorly photocopied instructions just arent cuttin it! Im not certain if my final wrap and 3" loop are done correctly...same loose weave problem. Any advice would be wonderful!! Im very competent with crafts, I think just not having a visual aid for technique is getting me :/

Thanks!
Melody
Old 09-26-2013, 03:25 PM
WAHM Regular

I would just like to give my experience... I love Gussies Gifts, making the dream catchers. I at first had some issues with the ones I made, but after working hard, and getting suggestions from them, I was and still am able to produce quality dream catchers.

This company puts the crafter first! I have called many times only to have a courteous staff member answer my questions and help with some issues.

I have been working and making dream catchers for them for 3 years. I intend to work for them for many more to come!

msmichy
Old 11-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Registered WAHM

Thumbs down Re: Gussie's gifts inc Hands on hobbies etc.

Has anyone ever done heavenly reminders. Why because I ordered the kit paid 30 bucks and they will not pass my inspection I follow all the instructions and I am getting no were! Frankly I think it is a rip off....
Old 11-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Registered WAHM

Please do not do the angels I just sent in my first angel for inspection and they sent me a list of all things that were wrong they checked everything unless you have a ruler and measure everything precisely to the tee they will not pass you Frankly I think this one is a rip off big time
Old 11-30-2013, 12:31 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisgreat44139 View Post
Please do not do the angels I just sent in my first angel for inspection and they sent me a list of all things that were wrong they checked everything unless you have a ruler and measure everything precisely to the tee they will not pass you Frankly I think this one is a rip off big time
I just read your post and am wondering if this is the first work at home crafting company you have had experience with?

Many of these crafting companies seem to have the same kind of issues a crafter will probably experience. One is that the craft has to be made to their standards and those standards are pretty much making the craft perfect with no mistakes according to their instruction and critiques.

That being said I have found critiques have been wrong and this only makes for sending in the crafts for approval more timely and costly for the crafter trying to be approved.

I was trying to discuss some issues I was having with one of the craft companies I have tried and the owners reply was, well quit if you don't like it. lol
That told me all I needed to here. I did quit.

With some of these crafting companies it seems to me you are supposed to put up with all of their craziness and appreciate the fact you have a chance to work your tail off to make a little bit of money. In other words don't complain and be grateful you have such an excellent opportunity to work from home. lol

My opinion is if you start a crafting company and are taking people's money and time you need to be professional and have a company that lives up to what they advertise.

Yep I also call it a rip off when these companies do some of the things they do but it is pretty much impossible to make any of this change unless you want to take on a very big task of proving them a rip off.

Last edited by gingerbread; 11-30-2013 at 12:33 PM.