Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Awesome WAHM

Seems like a great opportunity.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2012, 04:42 PM
WAHM Regular

Just received my evaluation today for my first samples.I was very happy with it.The only problems they said was that my memory wire appears to be slightly bent in some areas possibly due to over-handling or improper insertion in the bracelet making it lose some of it's "memory". And my ends caps look good I just have minor spacing.Overall they were good.
I think I know what I did to the memory wire. I stretched it out too much.Just have to work on those things and I should be good.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Registered WAHM

I, too, am having problems. Just can't get the mandrel to stay in place, and the loops all bunch together. Getting very discouraged. I've been trying for two days now and not having any luck. I did try taping the mandrel to the starter bundle, but it still doesn't look like the photos on the Titan website. I can't even get the first row done! About to give up.... Any more ideas to help? How do I get to the photos that adafwife posted? Brand new to this forum... I thought this would be a lot easier!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbmami View Post
Just received my evaluation today for my first samples.I was very happy with it.The only problems they said was that my memory wire appears to be slightly bent in some areas possibly due to over-handling or improper insertion in the bracelet making it lose some of it's "memory". And my ends caps look good I just have minor spacing.Overall they were good.
I think I know what I did to the memory wire. I stretched it out too much.Just have to work on those things and I should be good.
Congrats on your evaluation! I just got paid for my 2nd lot (new style) the new style is much easier!

Hang in there,

Lynne
Old 06-05-2012, 09:04 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat1954 View Post
I, too, am having problems. Just can't get the mandrel to stay in place, and the loops all bunch together. Getting very discouraged. I've been trying for two days now and not having any luck. I did try taping the mandrel to the starter bundle, but it still doesn't look like the photos on the Titan website. I can't even get the first row done! About to give up.... Any more ideas to help? How do I get to the photos that adafwife posted? Brand new to this forum... I thought this would be a lot easier!
I had lots of problems with the starter bundle too. I now use a thick rubber band wrapped around the starter bundle and the mandrel about 100x so it stays put. It's been working very well. Don't give up, it gets easier!

Hope this helps,

Lynne

PS. I'm pretty sure the "adafwife" pics are in this thread somewhere. You just have to go back page by page to find them.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:38 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat1954 View Post
adafwife pics page #50

There are also pics from mustangsaguaro on page #34. Her idea about drilling a hole in a piece of wood works pretty well, except I used an old plastic cutting board and drilled the hole at an angle so that I could lay it flat on the table. I started with the smallest drill bit I had and worked my way up until the mandrel fit. Then I put a non-skid material on the bottom side of the cutting board. It's alot easier on my hands this way! I'm sure you'll find your own way of doing it, but I would recommend that you read back thru this thread for some great helpful hints!

Happy Weaving!!

Lynne
Old 06-06-2012, 08:03 AM
Registered WAHM

Thanks, mustangsuaro, for the photos! I have been struggling to make my first row on my first piece, and about to give up. Then someone mentioned these photos, and I think making looser loops for the first two rows will really help! I just couldn't see what I was doing, and was so frustrated. I did contact Titan help line, and they did respond very quickly with encouragement, but these photos really helped. I asked them about a forum so I could get ideas from others doing the work, but they didn't respond to that questions, so I looked around online and found this site. Thank goodness! It's really helping. I'll try again today! And thanks again! Are you in Arizona? I'm in northern AZ.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Registered WAHM

Thank you! I found the photos and they will really help me. I just want to get a few rows done, I'd be happy with that for now! I'm feeling that I'll need an extension until I get the hang of this. I'm really struggling, but I've never done anything like this before. Probably should have found this forum first, before ordering. Oh well, it's good to know there is somewhere to turn for help. I appreciate the encouragement.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:05 PM
WAHM Regular

Cat - don't fuss with the first rows. Just get them going any old way, even if they look awful and ginormous for two or three go-rounds.

The idea is to have somewhere to hang the next row of wire. Get the wire to cross correctly first, then start pulling the wire tight. Almost automagically things will start looking like the pics.

If you're having issues with pulling the wire tight, get a pair of needlenose pliers with a smooth jaw so it doesn't mar the wire. Someone else said they use eyeglass screwdrivers to lift up the wire when it's too tight to pass through.

Also, if you haven't done so, go back to craft wire of the same gauge and practice. That way you don't blow through the wire they give you trying to get it right. It's also easier to use craft wire because it's softer and easier to work with. The stainless steel wire has a life of it's own, I swear, and not easy to start on.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:55 AM
Registered WAHM

Thanks so much for the advice. Unfortunately, I've decided that this is just too difficult for me and I am sending the kit back today. Maybe I'll try something simpler. Any suggestions from anyone out there? What is this Viking kit I've been reading about? Is it similar to Titan, and how do I find more info? Thanks again, you have been very supportive!

Tags
update