Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:37 PM
WAHM Regular

There are a lot of scam out there on the internet. We have to watch out.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2007, 06:04 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Research is I believe the best way to learn if something is a scam or not. There are plenty of good sources on the internet and also it's a good idea to join forums like this one and talk to people about their experiences.Edited by: sojourn_fan
Old 05-12-2007, 08:07 AM
WAHM Regular

99% out there are scams because if they where not, millions of people are rich these days... which isn't so.

In marketing business it's trial and error and find the right solution for you.
1 thing you have to put in mind is "Is the product that you sell to people changing people's live (in a good way) ?
Well, most of them aren't.
I mean, come-on.

Example:

An e-book cost $99.
Their statement is "everyone that can read and following our system will make thousands of dollars each month"
What a crap!
I truely believe there are programs out there who have the opportunities to change peoples lives but most of them just don't.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Registered WAHM

Hello Everyone,

I just needed to add my two cents here on this board about scams and home assembly.

I have had many people work for me over the years doing home assembly.

My age has stopped my from hauling all the product so I am now just giving information.

I have always used a rule of thumb in any business I have started or entered. "If you have to pay, stay away"

Legitimate companies are not looking for you to buy anything from them.

If they are really wanting assemblers, they will provide all product and pay all shipping if shipping is required.

If you just have to know more about a company that is requesting money for something research research research. Talk to other folks that have worked for this company.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:45 AM
WAHM Regular

I have worked for TIny Details and made $200 a week there.I am really getting annoyed seeing it listed as a scam in these scam lists. It is hard work, and they want it done right, but it is NOT a scam. They are picky about every little tiny detail of your work. I have always thought they were a well named company. It may not be for everyone, but it can be done. I hate to say it, they do reject work if it is poor quality. If your work was rejected that is about the work, and does not mean they are a scam. They do give you a chance to redo it.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Registered WAHM

I was a member of a craft program a few months ago. I assembled crosses with color coated wires, and horse shoe nails. Great idea right?
Well the deal was, when you assemble so many crosses you then send them in to the company. The crosses go through an inspection team, and the ones that pass you get paid for. Sounds good. The problem was that almost none of the crosses no matter how close you were to their standards never passed inspection.

So you spend all this money on materials to really not get paid.

On the flip side, you were given selling rights to sell on your own.
I did it that way and made some money, but not enough to have a decent income. (craft fairs, flea markets, Christmas bazaars)

I did find one oppertunity which has been great.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:08 PM
WAHM Fanatic

focus_succeed I don't blame you for being upset. It's great to hear that Tiny Details has paid you. I know I wouldn't be good for them, I'm not that crafty. But it is nice to hear they are not a scam.

zcpilling you must be talking about Disciple's Cross. I've heard a lot of people had trouble with the buy back program. At least the crosses do sell on their own, I bought some wholesale and made some money at flea markets selling them.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Registered WAHM

This message is actually aimed at SilverSwan. I was just wondering if you are still working for Tiny Details or if that was something you were doing only around the time you posted.

I kinda took a leap of faith last night and sent for a kit from them and I'm curious whether anyone is currently working for them and how it is going. We all learn from our mistakes and I'm hoping this is something I can do and can stick with as another source of income for me.

Can you or anyone else let me know if they are currently working for Tiny Details? Thanks in advance.

Edited by: myblueeyes40422
Old 10-31-2007, 08:37 PM
Registered WAHM

i have no idea what a "pm" is to contect cher or any one. someone please email me info on NEC. (no adding me to spam lists or sales crap PLEASE!)
[email protected]
Old 11-08-2007, 07:22 PM
WAHM Fanatic

A PM is a private message. Actually there's a whole thread on this board about NEC. The some of the ladies who post there work for NEC and others are in the inspection process.

Official NEC thread

I'm sure they will answer any questions you have.