Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Registered WAHM

Default LOVE clipping!

I think every household ought to take advantage of coupons. I only use the ones for items that I buy on a regular basis. I do not want a stockpile of items I will never consume. If some is behind me at the grocery and they make that sound when they see the pile of coupons I love the way their expression changes when they see that my bill was cut in half afterward. It is more that worth the few minutes a week I spend finding them!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2013, 04:55 PM
WAHM Regular

I wish I had the patience for that! And the time! I don't.

For myself, I use the Just for U app for Safeway and I love it. They have coupons for free stuff all the time and always have great deals. In "hard times" I've been able to make a huge alfredo dinner with a loaf of bread from the bakery to feed 5 people (WITH LEFTOVERS!) for less than $3.00.

I'll spend about an hour or two adding coupons and writing a list and we can easily have a weeks worth of groceries for everyone in the house for less than $60 a week.

Well worth the time.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:34 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Affordable meals and organic online groceries?

$3.00 to feed 5 people is a really great deal. $60.00 for a week is also very good. This is especially true if it covers lunch and breakfast for the family. It would be great to get such deals with organic only meals. Anyone know of great quality and affordable online organic groceries?
Old 12-05-2013, 05:54 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityPays View Post
$3.00 to feed 5 people is a really great deal. $60.00 for a week is also very good. This is especially true if it covers lunch and breakfast for the family. It would be great to get such deals with organic only meals. Anyone know of great quality and affordable online organic groceries?
drugstore.com has some good deals from time to time.

When it comes to organic groceries though the only thing I really recommend is maybe a Hydrofarm JSV4 and a pressure canning set. And some dirt. And then some seeds.

For me it's more worth it to spend $75 on a growing light one time then $20 on growing tomatoes for a years supply of tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce, marinara sauce, salsa, stewed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and the list goes on, than it is to spend $30 every month for the same thing.

You can reuse jars. You can't reuse lids. A grown tomato plant during the summer is about $8.00. I spend 99 cents on seeds through eBay.

I calculated how much it would cost to keep the light on for the electric bill each month. It was about $3.00. I used to grow before. We're going to start doing it here.

I figure I already bake bread from time to time. I also bake crackers and I can make noodles easily.

There's a farm that will deliver milk, cheese, and eggs to your door once a week. When I grow the rest again it will be a lot easier on us all financially.

Note: I don't live in the country by the way. We're going to grow food in the garage and on planters and the backyard. I've very persistent.

Last edited by zenhaltija; 12-05-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityPays View Post
I use Amazon, although you should always do some price comparisons. Some things are great deals, others are priced so unrealistically high.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:51 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue McBay View Post
Yeah I never used many coupons because I just didn't have the time nor inclination to search and clip and save and then use them. I kept forgetting them lol. I am with a service now that I just go to one site and using my grocery list I find all the coupons I can in one place and clip and print and I am so excited about being able to do that. I saved $80 this month so far using this coupon method. I hope to cut my budget because every penny saved is a penny earned right?
Hi Sue, what is this service? Sounds like something I'd like to use. Generally when I look for coupons, its for things that I don't usually buy, like packaged, convenience foods. We eat mostly whole foods. Thanks
Old 01-08-2014, 08:13 PM
WAHM Addict

Hi Sheena,
Would you mind going sending me an email so I can give you the information? I don't think I can write more about it here according to the rules. Or PM me if you prefer. Thanks! Sue

[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena.Carnes View Post
Hi Sue, what is this service? Sounds like something I'd like to use. Generally when I look for coupons, its for things that I don't usually buy, like packaged, convenience foods. We eat mostly whole foods. Thanks
Old 08-19-2014, 06:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kward515 View Post
I'm one of those "crazy couponers" with the binders. I don't buy 50 papers a week though! I buy just one and get another set of coupons from my parents (after my dad has gone through them and clipped out the ones he wants.) I use the printable coupons too. I like to go to couponing forums and read and post about sales and any coupons that might be out there to match the sales with. I also download coupons onto my grocery store's cards (Kroger and Randalls) to use too. I have 3 teenage boys, my hubby, my daughter, a cat and a dog to feed. I try to keep my weekly grocery trips at between $100-$125...used to be only $75 a week, but with the rising prices and teenage boys who eat from sun up to sun down I had to increase that!
I use little albums myself. Just bought two cheap binders with my savings!
Old 09-23-2014, 07:46 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue McBay View Post
I was amazed. This lovely lady had a scrapbook type binder with about 10 or more pockets on each page 2 sides - and it looked like she had more than 25 pages in the binder and all coupons! I was so impressed.

She said she is helping her sister go through college with all the savings!
Her cart was so neat with all the different items in a row. She slowly walked through the aisle - late at night about 10 pm (there's a lot less people shopping at that time). I had a nice conversation with her and she just was so nice. But I am amazed at how organized she is. My daughter saves coupons and is pretty organized but this woman looked professional.

She said she buys 50 newspapers every Sunday! I never realized all the time, work and effort that is put in coupon buying. I imagine there are a lot who do this and I salute you!
That's awesome!!
Old 08-09-2015, 07:40 AM
WAHM Regular

Definitely have to be a organized person to be a super couponer but I'm sure its worth it! I envy those I see on TV that have 300 worth of items and pay $3.84 for it all! LOL