Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:20 AM
WAHM Regular

Does anyone here do medical billing from home or office? Where did you learn (if online)? I'm frustrated looking at all the online colleges claiming they offer medical billing courses, but most of their curricula have courses not even dealing with medical billing. I'm not interested in coding, just billing.

Thanks!
Rosie

Edited by: rtanza
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Super WAHM

I know what you mean. There are a gazillion courses out there! Sorry I can't help but good luck!
Old 03-01-2009, 12:04 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I just finished up part I and waiting to take part II thru my local college. Grand total $130 upon completion and that includes the books

http://www.ftccmedonline.com/
Old 05-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Registered WAHM

I know this is an old post but I have a reply if anyone else wants to know. I found a really great place to get your medical billing training. It is http://www.learnmedicalbillingonline.com/ It is through the professional medical billers association. I checked them out it is legit. I didn't get my training there but I am going to take their course just to get certification. I am currently the office/medical billing manager where I work. I have on the job training but want to get certified so I can do medical billing from home.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:11 AM
WAHM Regular

I am glad to see your post. I worked in medical billing for othopaedic surgeons in florida for 20 years. I was the office manager and systems administrator. At that time you learned medical billing on the job. It was very beneficial. I was also starting medical coding under the supervision of the doctors and loved both very much. I am now retired and have given working at home doing medical billing. I may sign up for the course just to refresh my memory although i have bought books for practice. We all need to work longer in this economy.
I think field will soon be outsourced to people here in America. I know a lot of billing is outsourced to India.
Also I read that Aetna has sent their people to work from home in billing. This could be a start. Thank for the info.