Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:35 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Thumbs up Big changes out of SimplyFun's Virtual Summit

Hi everyone,
Yesterday I attended SimplyFun's first Virtual Summit. It was wonderful getting to connect with Playolgists from across the nation right from my computer. So many great changes were announced yesterday (I knew several of these were in the works) and I am so excited to share what's new with SimplyFun. Here are some of the highlights.

* Now there are two ways to join SimplyFun. It's Your Business, Your Way... you can Go Big and Build with a new $149 kit (the business builder "professional" - still the current price through the rest of the month) OR you can Go small and play for only $19 (casual sales/hobbist - they are taking reservations for the first 100 people that want to go active May 1st when it starts).
* We have a brand new website and back office coming May 1st. We've been looking forward to this for a while now and I was very excited to see a walk through of it yesterday. A much better system for our hosts, customers and Playologists. Everything is now connected, much less clicking around to find everything, more report info for us to help our mentees and it looks beautiful to boot.
* New Compensation Plan - done right. The two new levels of joining SimplyFun allows for more flexibility and allows through the 5 different levels to work their business they way they want to. If you love sales but don't want to build a team then work towards Playologist Master, If you love sales AND mentoring others (that's me) then aim for Playlogist Mentor. They have reduced the complexity of our comp pan, kept the rewards amazing and really listened to the feedback that not everyone works their businesses the same way and given Playologist Builders more options.
*Fun points - We will earn fun points for each dollar sold which we can redeem for reward items of our choice like laptops, bikes, TVs, Printers, purses, etc as we earn enough points for the reward we want.
*Path to Success will replace our Fast Start Rewards - with 9 levels to earn, new Playologist Builders will be able to earn over $900 in products, cash & other rewards if they earn all 9 levels in their first 90 days.
*All of our proudcts have now been mapped to the National Common Core Curriculum for Math & Language, the the Washington State Standards (more fleshed out at this point) for Science & Social Studies and to the Head Start Standards allowing us to more easily show schools how and which games can support the new National Common Core standards in their classrooms. Via our online catalog next month parents & teachers will be able to access PDFs about each of our games looking at Core Curriculum, Skills needed, Special Needs and Extended Play options.
*This next one will go live hopefully by June/July.... we will be launching a true Virtual Laugh & Learn like no other "party" out there. In 30 minutes the invited guests can see each other (moving video if they have a webcamera), watch videos, take quizes and get prizes, chat with their Playologist, take a quiz with our Personal Shopper to get personalize recommendations for their needs/interests & then put items in their shopping cart or on their wish list, then the party stays open for 30 more minutes to finish up the shopping. SO very cool!!
* New small scale fundraising options and they are working on fleshing out our Large scale fundraising options.
* Two new games were announced and one of them, Kilter, has already won a Mom's Choice award and it isn't even to be launched till May 1st.
*And of course we're still working on our Tanque Verde family trips for a few more months. The family trips will remain a part of SimplyFun.

SimplyFun has really worked hard this last year to invest in the technology we needed and our Playologists to help us move our mission of smarter kids and stronger families through play forward in a BIG way. I am so excited about how these changes are going to help grow our businesses by leaps and bounds. Let me know if you have any questions about any of our new programs. I will do my best to answer them. I will be attending short training webinars this week to get even further into the new programs to make sure I know all the ins and outs of each.
I love getting to play for a living. Play on everyone!
Amanda
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Awesome WAHM

The new changes sound great, Amanda! Investing in the company's infrastructure to be competitive and fresh is so important for growth.

Janette
Old 04-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Awesome WAHM

I am impressed that your company mapped the products to the Common Core State Standards and the Head Start standards. It will allow for sales into additional markets.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:03 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Thank you Janette, Absolutely, in today's social media/technology driven world it's important to keep updating the technology and look of our brands.

udesignit - We have been making sales to schools & doing gameraisers/fundraisers for a while but YES, having all the games mapped out to clearly show the schools/daycares/homeschooling parents/therapists,etc. exactly which games fit where in their curriculum is a HUGE bonus that we're all excited about.

I have been listening to/watching the webinars for all the new programs and tools this week and am ready to see the new things launch in the next week.
Like they will be posting all the fun point rewards we can choose from on May 1st and our President said it will include trip options too. Nice!
May 3rd, our new websites go live and people can find all the common core standards, extended play options, etc. under each game and the demo videos will stay too. I think I saw on the main shopping page a place where people will be able to log in and rate the product/game?? That would be wonderful. I am sure I will spend May 3rd looking over everything making sure I know where to find and work everything for sure.

I get to present SimplyFun at the one of the Gifted Association's local conferences again this year - this weekend- and I am so excited to share the "New" SimplyFun with them all.

Amanda
Old 04-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Awesome WAHM

Yes, you will do fantastic at a gifted conference. I worked these conferences for the testing company that I work with in my current job. Parents pay so much money for test prep. They need to focus on providing games for children that will develop those reasoning skills.