Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Closed Forums > ChaCha

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Registered WAHM

ChaCha called me and ‘DEACTIVATED’ me.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />
I got a call from Bruce Iker who works for ChaCha he told me that my account will now be ‘DEACTIVATED’ (I thought it was kinda strange to actually get a call from ChaCha I’ve never know anyone to receive a phone call from them). He told me that my transfer rate was too high and that I keep closing sessions with out giving results. ChaCha is not clear on how many times you can transfer or close a session until you are DEACTIVATED’.

I told him the reason why I was transferring so much is because many infoseekers wanted me to search information that is different from their current topic. I tried to explain to him that infoseekers do not understand that guides only take searches that they are skilled on, and when an infoseekers changes their mind on the topic they want searched I have to transfers them.

I really believe that ChaCha is making up stuff to get rid of guides because they are trying to avoid going bankrupt because they hired too many. I also told him that the pranks are really out of control and some searches start out as a real search then end up being a prank. For example, one infoseekers wanted me to find the music lyrics to a particular song, about 2 minutes into the search after I found the exact song lyrics he was looking for, he called me a 4 letter word for no reason at all and then told me he was jerking off on his keyboard, I hit the ‘abuse button’ then closed the session. I explained this situation to Bruce (in a nice way) but he didn’t seem to believe that pranksters pretend to want legit information then end up pulling pranks. He also told me that I should be able to tell when a search is prank, but honestly sometimes it’s hard especially when the infoseeker starts out friendly then end up pulling a fast one. Also some pranksters are not abusive they just start telling crazy stories ‘like aliens landed in their backyard’ I never transfer these, after I’ve ask the person if they would like for me to search anything for them, but if they continue with their prank I tell them that I am now closing the session

ChaCha clearly states in their knowledge base that “If the InfoSeeker just wants to chat or has a nonsensical query that you have absolutely NO doubt is not a legitimate search, ask if there is any information you can help him or her find. If there is no legitimate request for a search, then inform the InfoSeeker that you’re closing the session.”

So why did they deactivate me for following their rules?

At an average of $2 an hours ChaCha is not worth the headache. The pay is low, the pranks are bad, and ChaCha is not clear on anything. At any given time ChaChac always seem to make up a new rule to either get guides deactivated or make it harder to make money. So those of you who still have a ChaCha accounts just go ahead and cancel it, I guarantee you ChaCha will make up something to get rid of you too!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2007, 12:53 PM
WAHM Addict

Well it sounds like that good "ole Bruce was running over his words, dealing with pranks, first he didn't believe about pranksters then all of a sudden he is telling you what to do...

Sounds to me I was RIGHT. They are slowly getting rid of guides, because it is getting built up. They are a laughing stock all over the internet.

I am sorry that you got deactivated. I am NOT sorry I did.

Hey I have a fan club going of deactivated guides...PM me for info.[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]Edited by: poisonchick
Old 03-09-2007, 12:57 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to eternalskye Send a message via AIM to eternalskye Send a message via Yahoo to eternalskye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzLadyLove8
ChaCha called me and ‘DEACTIVATED’ me.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><O:P></O:P>
I got a call from Bruce Iker who works for ChaCha he told me that my account will now be ‘DEACTIVATED’ (I thought it was kinda strange to actually get a call from ChaCha I’ve never know anyone to receive a phone call from them). He told me that my transfer rate was too high and that I keep closing sessions with out giving results. ChaCha is not clear on how many times you can transfer or close a session until you are DEACTIVATED’.
<O:P></O:P>
I told him the reason why I was transferring so much is because many infoseekers wanted me to search information that is different from their current topic. I tried to explain to him that infoseekers do not understand that guides only take searches that they are skilled on, and when an infoseekers changes their mind on the topic they want searched I have to transfers them.
I really believe that ChaCha is making up stuff to get rid of guides because they are trying to avoid going bankrupt because they hired too many. I also told him that the pranks are really out of control and some searches start out as a real search then end up being a prank. For example, one infoseekers wanted me to find the music lyrics to a particular song, about 2 minutes into the search after I found the exact song lyrics he was looking for, he called me a 4 letter word for no reason at all and then told me he was jerking off on his keyboard, I hit the ‘abuse button’ then closed the session. I explained this situation to Bruce (in a nice way) but he didn’t seem to believe that pranksters pretend to want legit information then end up pulling pranks. He also told me that I should be able to tell when a search is prank, but honestly sometimes it’s hard especially when the infoseeker starts out friendly then end up pulling a fast one. Also some pranksters are not abusive they just start telling crazy stories ‘like aliens landed in their backyard’ I never transfer these, after I’ve ask the person if they would like for me to search anything for them, but if they continue with their prank I tell them that I am now closing the session
ChaCha clearly states in their knowledge base that “If the InfoSeeker just wants to chat or has a nonsensical query that you have absolutely NO doubt is not a legitimate search, ask if there is any information you can help him or her find. If there is no legitimate request for a search, then inform the InfoSeeker that you’re closing the session.”
So why did they deactivate me for following their rules?
At an average of $2 an hours ChaCha is not worth the headache. The pay is low, the pranks are bad, and ChaCha is not clear on anything. At any given time ChaChac always seem to make up a new rule to either get guides deactivated or make it harder to make money. So those of you who still have a ChaCha accounts just go ahead and cancel it, I guarantee you ChaCha will make up something to get rid of you too!

Well my suggestion isnt going to help you, I have no clue what to say except did you have any money in your account that wasnt transfered to your FIB account???
Old 03-09-2007, 01:06 PM
WAHM Addict

[img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Registered WAHM

I cashed out yesterday and withdrew all my money out of my FIB account (I am so glad I did) [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2007, 01:18 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Soon they'll deactivate everyone and Poof, there goes chacha. I don't understand why anyone would work with a bunch of dictators. I never really got into chacha. I tried it, it sucked. I moved on to better things.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:19 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to eternalskye Send a message via AIM to eternalskye Send a message via Yahoo to eternalskye

well thats good, Now you wont have to worry about ChaCha taking your money, But remember they cant anything from your FIB account, they can only take what hasnt been transfered into your FIB account. I would seriously make then give you legit answer, but i know your not gonna get one...
Old 03-09-2007, 01:28 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowgirl
Soon they'll deactivate everyone and Poof, there goes chacha. I don't understand why anyone would work with a bunch of dictators. I never really got into chacha. I tried it, it sucked. I moved on to better things.

I actually liked ChaCha...I loved the extra money i make, but i havent made anything lately, but then again, i havent really had the time to do anything either.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:52 PM
WAHM Addict

Send a message via AIM to dragonmom Send a message via Yahoo to dragonmom

It never ceases to amaze me how poorly they treat their guides. They seem to expect so much out of them for so little. I'm sorry they treated you that way but I'm sure you will be much better off without them.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:09 PM
WAHM Regular

Guides are the target of blatant Social Prejudice from the leaders. Until the destructive force of this attitude is changed, it will continue to kill guide's motivation, communication and innovation.

Searching for a better way motivates guides which makes them efficient. Efficiency is team effort, where everyone is considered to have valuable information. Team responsibility produces a highly efficient work environment. This type ofenvironment is free of social prejudice. It's time for the leaders to get up to speedand join us inthe 21st Century.