Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Candle samples?

Anyone ever melt down their candles to make tea light candles to hand out for samples? I couldn't find the empty tea lights so I bought filled ones and hope I can pull out the wick and refill with my own candle wax.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2014, 04:36 AM
WAHM Regular

I melt down my Scentsy bars, and use a candy mold to make samples. They come out really cute, plus I can get quite a few out of one bar.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:30 AM
Banned

I grate down my Mia Bella votives with a cheese grater, use the little plastic baggies they use for jewelry in the craft section at Walmart. Each votive makes 15 scent samples, attach card, and hand out.

Alison
Old 03-08-2014, 10:50 AM
WAHM Addict

Smile

I give out a full size Mia Melt as a product to try. One Mia Melt will last for 24-30 hours and a potential customer/new team mate can really get the full effect from it.
If you would like one message me at [email protected]
Old 04-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Awesome WAHM

Wink Are Tea Lights Big Enough?

It sounds like you are trying to accomplish a "wicked" sample. You would be able to find the tea light cups and wicks at any candle supplier for probably a little less. If your company sells melts, I would consider making samples by melting them down in a warmer and pouring into a candy mold for the optimum result of having a WOW factor. Tea Lights are are great for their intended use in VERY small spaces, you may not have the THROW you want for a first impression. Just my thoughts. My best wishes to your success!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelscentdemarie View Post
Anyone ever melt down their candles to make tea light candles to hand out for samples? I couldn't find the empty tea lights so I bought filled ones and hope I can pull out the wick and refill with my own candle wax.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:44 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Smile

Some of us use a cuter to cut up a bar to make samples, others melt and make samples like mentioned above.

If you can melt the candle, can you then pour it into a mold to make the sample? Would that work for yours?

Best wishes for success,
Old 05-29-2014, 12:22 AM
Registered WAHM

Make sure you are storing your samples in polypropylene bags. Using the wrong bags will pull the fragrance oil out of your wax.