Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:37 PM
WAHM Regular

Default question about candle companies

Hello!
I have been for some time now been on the hunt for a direct sales or party plan opportunity to start a business with. I've signed up with other companies in the past, and maybe for the wrong reasons. This time around I have spent a good deal of time reading these forums, looking at websited, and catalogs. Ultimately I want something that fits into my other passion, being a yoga teacher, and it is a product that I loveand use also. I have settled on candles! I haveused scentsy products in the past, and like them, but I am interested in hearing about other candle companies that exist. If there is a company out there that does candles and essential oils, I'd be particularly interested! I'd like to know the following: what are the start up costs, montly fees and quotas,etc. Is is possible to earn income both onlone and though parties? And finally what makes you passionate about your company? Why did you choose it over others?
Thanks so much!
Samantha
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2013, 04:13 AM
WAHM Addict

Hello Samantha,

Nice to meet you! I am with Scent-Sations - Home of the Mia Bella Candle and we have a start up cost as low as $49.95 and the monthly would just be $39.95 a month which gives you a nice array of gourmet products each month and you can even choose what you would like which is a plus! We do retailing which includes home parties, fundraising and sponsoring others to create an income from home. I am a part of a team that has extensive trainings and much more to help those with their business.

I am very passionate about my Scent-Sations business for a number of reasons. It's allowed me to stay home and bring in a great part time income for me and my family and I have been doing so since August of 2006. I am a Mom of an Autistic daughter so it's always been important for me to be home and to be available for her as well as my other children.

The products are wonderful. Management is outstanding - I can't say enough about this Company.

We have an extensive array of candles from 9 oz gourmet candles to sculpted to our spa line. We even have bakery type candles that look like a real pie! Our candles and Mia Melts are made from a proprietary blend of renewable palm waxes - which burn clean and the scents are strong.

Good luck with your search, and if you have any questions about Scent-Sations let me know. Happy to help!
Old 12-15-2013, 04:23 AM
WAHM Addict

I also want to add, we have no quotas and I personally chose Scent-Sations over others because of the quality of the products and the low start up to get started. Hope this helps!
Old 12-15-2013, 01:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Default SoyL Scents

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsal77 View Post
Hello!
I have been for some time now been on the hunt for a direct sales or party plan opportunity to start a business with. I've signed up with other companies in the past, and maybe for the wrong reasons. This time around I have spent a good deal of time reading these forums, looking at websited, and catalogs. Ultimately I want something that fits into my other passion, being a yoga teacher, and it is a product that I loveand use also. I have settled on candles! I haveused scentsy products in the past, and like them, but I am interested in hearing about other candle companies that exist. If there is a company out there that does candles and essential oils, I'd be particularly interested! I'd like to know the following: what are the start up costs, montly fees and quotas,etc. Is is possible to earn income both onlone and though parties? And finally what makes you passionate about your company? Why did you choose it over others?
Thanks so much!
Samantha
SoyL Scents has candles and other scented products, but not essential oils. The products are great!
To answer you questions:
- Start up cost: Free.
- Monthly fees: None.
- Quotas: None.
- Possible to earn online and via parties? Yes. Also vendor events, out of your garage, or practically any way you want! You get 35% discounts and 35% commissions on retail sales. You also get paid on up to 6 levels of downline.
- What makes me passionate about my company? Many reasons, but basically I love the products and I love that it's free! We have several different candle lines as well as candles (and "Melter Gems") with free rings, candles with wood wicks, the "cause candle," wax tarts, room sprays, and soy soaps. The free rings are under the lid so you don't have to dig through the wax like with other companies. You also get to choose your ring size. We are also the first company to offer men's rings in candles if you want them. You might be interested in the "spa therapy" line for your yoga. We use 100% American grown soybeans. It has a small company feel- When you call the home office, you will most likely get one of the owners, Michael or Rachel. Hope I'm not leaving out anything important! lol
P.s. Scents are changing at the first of the year - I don't have a set-in-stone scent list as of yet, but there are a lot of great scents!

Last edited by Tamitha; 12-15-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:14 PM
WAHM Regular

I am sending you a message about Pink Zebra!
Old 12-16-2013, 12:45 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi Samantha!
Have you taken a look at Gold Canyon? We offer essential oils in our Homeology candles and home cleaning products! The Rosemary Mint All-Purpose cleaner is one of my personal favorite products!
The start up cost is $50 off this month of December, and is payable in 3 monthly payments. This makes it a little bit easier to get started! Of course, you can also earn your kit for free.
Gold Canyon candles feature safety wicks, cool wax, double wicks for even burning, all with ultra-strong, true to life scents! We also have wickless fragrance options, with all of our Scent Pod warmers featuring timers with automatic shut-off options. And, the essential oil Homeology line I mentioned above will leave your home smelling amazing!
I would love to share more information with you! Please PM me if you are interested in learning more about Gold Canyon.
Warmly,
Michelle
Old 12-30-2013, 05:01 PM
WAHM Regular

Hello! I am a Founding Consultant with beFragrant a new company. I too have done direct sales with other companies in the past and chose to join this company for several reasons. First of all the candles are 100% Kosher soy and are made in the USA. The candles are handpoured when the order is placed which is awesome and the quality is excellent!

Start up costs: $100 which can be payed through Paypal
Monthly frees: none
Quotas: none
etc.: no need to keep stock on hand, but you can if you want
Is is possible to earn income both online and though parties?: Yes, 35% commission that you get the moment you make a sale. Optional consultant personal website.
And finally what makes you passionate about your company? Why did you choose it over others?: this company offers an opportunity to join at the ground level which offers so many different possibilities. The beFragrant team is like a family and corporate is easily available to answer questions, work out issues, etc. it's awesome! PM me for more info!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:27 AM
Awesome WAHM

Arrow

And this IS WHY we LOVE to come to work every single day!!!! We have amazing team members who we proudly title"FOUNDING"!!! Thank you so much beFragrantJami
Quote:
Originally Posted by beFragrantJami View Post
Hello! I am a Founding Consultant with beFragrant a new company. I too have done direct sales with other companies in the past and chose to join this company for several reasons. First of all the candles are 100% Kosher soy and are made in the USA. The candles are handpoured when the order is placed which is awesome and the quality is excellent!

Start up costs: $100 which can be payed through Paypal
Monthly frees: none
Quotas: none
etc.: no need to keep stock on hand, but you can if you want
Is is possible to earn income both online and though parties?: Yes, 35% commission that you get the moment you make a sale. Optional consultant personal website.
And finally what makes you passionate about your company? Why did you choose it over others?: this company offers an opportunity to join at the ground level which offers so many different possibilities. The beFragrant team is like a family and corporate is easily available to answer questions, work out issues, etc. it's awesome! PM me for more info!!!
Old 01-19-2014, 11:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Celebrating Home has a great line of candles! The New Forever Candles have double the fragrance! I now have the best company! Just a perfect fit for me! Home Decor, Handbags, Totes, Jewelry, and Beanpots!