Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:38 PM
WAHM Regular

Default candle company stats

What is your company's
1. Commision rate?
2. Monthly fee?
3. Startup cost?
4. Quota to stay active?

Also,
5. Is it possible to sell mostly online with your company?
6. Are your products unique?
7. What is the main reason you love your company above others?
8. Anything else I'm forgetting? lol
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2013, 12:24 AM
WAHM Addict

What is your company's

The company I'm with is Pink Zebra

1. Commission rate?

We earn 25 to 35% of our sales based on monthly personal sales, make 10% on our personally sponsored recruits (3% plus a bonus 7% making it 10%. 3% on our lines 2-4 but we also have mentor bonuses and other bonuses at different levels and get paid out on indefinite levels based on your titles is You get 25% off all products you purchase for your self

2. Monthly fee?

Website is free for first month then $9.95 there after

3. Start up cost?

Choice of two different kits $99 or $199
but this month you can take $25 off making the kits
only $74 or $174 either kit works

4. Quota to stay active?

To remain active you only have to do $150 in retail sales in a rolling 6 months period your purchases are included in this total

5. Is it possible to sell mostly online with your company

Yes you can and you are also aloud to advertise online as well
be sure to check b/c some don't let you...

Yes they are soft soy wax beads, Simmering Lights with changeable shades and Simmer Pots that come in different colors and shapes reed diffusers that last 3-5 months and Scented Hand Lotion and Soaps

i love the fact that you can either melt the beads in a warmer or use glass containers and wicks to create your very own recipes and scents making the products appeal able to both young and old!

I'm sure I could think of something else but its late
and I need to get to bed...came back to add a few things I forgot

You can do fundraisers and the organization makes 40% profit and you still
earn 10% base commission unless you chose to donate your 10% then the
organization would earn 50%

Something no other company has is our HEROES Program its a Pink Zebra Charity where any one hosting a PZ party $500 + each party earns a day of childcare and approved Heroes can be awarded 3 months at a time!! Online or Offline party's included

I know its a hard decision to make and I wish you Good Luck with whichever company you chose

Last edited by Linda Hinkle; 03-25-2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: to add somethings I forgot
Old 03-24-2013, 07:24 AM
WAHM Addict

Hi Tamitha:

I'm with Mia Bella's Gourmet Candles.

What is your company's
1. Commision rate? We make an average of 40-50% on products. On your downline, you can make from 5-9% on first level depending on sales.

2. Monthly fee? $35.95 or $100 - we have different options for each and your website is included.

3. Startup cost? Startup is $49.95 (can be more if you want - you pick your startup kit).

4. Quota to stay active? No quotas - just your Candle of the Month pack (we now offer a points system so you can purchase whatever you want when you want).

Also,
5. Is it possible to sell mostly online with your company? Yes, we have many people that only work online.

6. Are your products unique? As far as candles go, I think we are because we use palm wax which is very clean but has a much better throw than soy. We also have personalized candles, charity candles and sculpted candles which are very different from other companies that I've seen.

7. What is the main reason you love your company above others? There are lots of reasons I love this company. The products and the compensation plan (this is the best plan I've seen).

8. Anything else I'm forgetting? You didn't forget it but we offer a unique vendor program where you can have someone sign under you that owns a small business such as nail salon, gift shop, etc and they can put our candles in their store without having to buy a minimum amount. Great perk for you and the business owner.

Best of luck in whatever company you decide on.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Super WAHM

My company is Scentsy

1. Commision rate?
- 20-25% Commission (depending on rank). Additional commission earned from your recruits as well!

2. Monthly fee?
No monthly fee to stay active. Every Scentsy Fragrance Consultant gets a free website for three full months and only $10 per month after that if you want to keep it!

3. Startup cost?
$99 and it includes EVERYTHING you need to get started!

Scentsy Family Consultant Guide (1)
Scentsy Catalogs (25)
Showcase Brochures (25)
Product List (1 50-sheet pad)
Print-Your-Own Labels (10 sheets)
Invitations (100)
Order Forms (100)
Host Envelopes (5)
Host/Join Brochures (25)
Discover Scentsy DVD (1)
Party Testers (1 Full Set)
Category Cards (1 set of 9)
Full-Size Scentsy Warmer (1)
Scentsy Bars (2)
Scentsy Buddy (1)
Scent Pak (1)
Layers Products (2; contents subject to change)
Welcome Letter

4. Quota to stay active?
You only need to place an order between July 1 and December 31 to stay active. Easy enough!

-Yes! A lot of people do!

Scentsy warmers and scents are top of the line high quality products! Scentsy also continues to come out with new innovative products every season!

It's the support that I get from my wonderful team of ladies. They have helped me to become successful and I am truly grateful.

8. Anything else I'm forgetting?

Yes! When you join Scentsy, you have the option of 1-3 brands to sell (Scentsy Fragrance, Velata Chocolate & Cheese Fondue or Grace Adele purses, jewelry & accessories) and ability to enroll others into all three, even if you only choose to sell one. This equates to increased commissions and earning potential for you.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:33 PM
WAHM Addict

What Linda said LOL... GREAT post Linda.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thumbs up stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamitha View Post
What is your company's
1. Commision rate?
2. Monthly fee?
3. Startup cost?
4. Quota to stay active?

Also,
1. 40 % commission on all sales. 10% commission on team.

2. 4.99 monthly to keep your websites active.

3. Only 99 cents to join and that's it. After that it's 4.99 to keep your websites activated!

4. No Quotas!

5. It can be and people do but a lot of my focus is outside my home when I'm with my daughter.

6. Our products are unique and are made of Soy. I love the creamy soft texture! We have different candle lines including Spa, Elementals, Country Kitchen, etc.

7. Of Product, commission, and people in the group!

----Trisha
Old 03-27-2013, 02:47 PM
Awesome WAHM

See someone answered about Scentsy. I would also just say if you have tried various ones...go with the one you liked the most. Nothing better then a happy customer selling herself. Good luck.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Pink Zebra Consultant

You have the answers for Pink Zebra, so I won't repeat them. I will say that I love the option of having flameless warmers AND flames! I love to have a candle burning for baths, or ambience. Plus the sprinkles let me create beautiful centerpieces or decor for my home and are perfect to give as gifts or even to use as favors for special occasions. Some have used for baby showers, weddings, or even for companies to give as little gifts to their employees.

I love the packaging.. who doesn't love pink zebra print??! They make perfect gifts wrapped & ready to give.... And I love the little notes that are included in each package.

For years, I searched for a candle scent that smelled like campfires... ok, weird I know. But for outdoorsy people the Light My Fire scent is amazing!! There are so many unique scents, but you can expand limitless with the custom scents you can get by combining sprinkles.

I love that I'm growing WITH the company from the ground floor and I have the opportunity that others had with their company many years ago when they started. There are many great companies, choose your favorite products... then make sure comp plans , etc are in line with what you're looking for.. then hit the ground running!
Old 03-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Banned

I have to agree with Barb (Mia Bella). I absolutely LOVE the products and if you like clean burning, strong scented candles, these are exceptional. We also have the melter options too. The compensation plan is wonderful and I work most of my business online. And really, the optional autoship is a win/win. It includes the website and many products that you can turn around, sell at retail, and make money each month.. you actually come out ahead! I have found to do well at any business, you need to see, touch, smell, and share the products and having them come each month is great. You can also stock up for shows/events.

Best wishes in your search.

Alison
Old 04-02-2013, 03:31 AM
WAHM Regular

I am a Sr. Consultant with For Every Home.....

What is your company's
1. Commision rate? 25-38% depending on personal retail sales
2. Monthly fee? no monthly fee
3. Startup cost?$99 or $249
4. Quota to stay active?$150 every 90 days

Also,
5. Is it possible to sell mostly online with your company? absolutley
6. Are your products unique? For Every Home's OAM Sprays and Gels are PATENTED...That means NO OTHER COMPANY HAS OAM (Odor Abosorbing Molecules). Indoor air pollution is becoming a HUGE problem! FEH's products let you have fragrance, fresh air, and disinfected surfaces without all the poisons of other products..
AND...no other company has SOY COCONUT wax

7. What is the main reason you love your company above others? Green & Clean products are what brought me to For Every Home....the family we've become is what keeps me
8. Anything else I'm forgetting? lol [/QUOTE]