Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:54 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Decisions, Decisions!!

Ok so I think I've narrowed my decision down to join a candle company...question now is which one?! Ahhh! I'm leaning towards Scentsy or Pink Zebra, but there are so many! I LOVE Scentsy and I personally don't "know" any consultants but do know there are soooo many in my area already. Pink Zebra is ADORABLE and the closest consultant is an hour away...woo hoo, but I'm torn on it being such a new company. It could be a great thing if it grows just like Scentsy, but what if it doesn't? I like PZ's presentation look more but Scentsy just announced so many more new products. I'm looking for something that won't cause stress with monthly quotas (6 mo quotas and such are ok) or too many other fees. Man, this is HARD!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 11:59 AM
WAHM Addict

Hi Annette:

It's a very hard decision with so many great companies, but doing your homework is the best way to decide. I sent you a pm regarding Mia Bella Gourmet Candles in case you might want to take a look at us.

Best of luck in your search. I'm sure you'll find the right company for you.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Super WAHM

Annette, you're definitely looking at two very exceptional companies. The difference is all in the timing. I can tell you straight up that yes, Pink Zebra is new. But that's where you WANT to be, because guess where all the early Scentsy girls are now? Laughing all the way to the bank, that's where they are.

Pink Zebra was "born" in September. We're at over 300 consultants. We're growing like mad every day. We have fantastic leadership in place, both on a corporate and team level. Many of us are experienced direct sellers and have come over from other companies because we know a HOT opportunity when we see one. And yes, we've even had LOTS of ladies leave the other company you're looking at to join us. And yes, saturation is, was, and will continue to be an issue for that group.

For ultimate direct sales success, having a consumable product (like candles) is a must. Early, ground floor timing is a must. And growth potential is a must. Pink Zebra has all that covered and then some. Our marketing is so fun, and so is the company vibe. We are a FUN group of ladies. We have nowhere to go but UP. I am headed to the TIPPY TOP and I'd love to see you there too! Should you decide to come to Pink Zebra, you won't be sorry!! Promise.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:24 PM
WAHM Addict

Thumbs up

Hi Annette,

Just wanted to stop by and say good luck and best wishes with your decision. One thing is for sure, the candle business is a FUN business to be in.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnetteLo View Post
Ok so I think I've narrowed my decision down to join a candle company...question now is which one?! Ahhh! I'm leaning towards Scentsy or Pink Zebra, but there are so many! I LOVE Scentsy and I personally don't "know" any consultants but do know there are soooo many in my area already. Pink Zebra is ADORABLE and the closest consultant is an hour away...woo hoo, but I'm torn on it being such a new company. It could be a great thing if it grows just like Scentsy, but what if it doesn't? I like PZ's presentation look more but Scentsy just announced so many more new products. I'm looking for something that won't cause stress with monthly quotas (6 mo quotas and such are ok) or too many other fees. Man, this is HARD!!
Hi Annette,

Do what you love! We had some changes made to our policies recently, which allows you to actually work with other competing candle companies. This means that with Scentsy, you do not have to choose. You can try both companies out and see which one works best for you and suits your style the most.

Secondly, we do not have any quotas. Place an order of one dollar between July-December and that keeps your account active.

Finally, Scentsy Inc. just announced her new brand- Velata--A fun, easy-to-use delicious fondue experience!.

These are exciting times, and I encourage you to come on board.

Last edited by comforthaven; 01-20-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Super WAHM

Out of the two, I prefer Scentsy. I am with a candle company called Eclipse Candle Company, which is new as of 2011. If you would like information please PM me. Thank you.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Grand WAHM

Hi good luck to you with your search. You will find so many options but it is important to do your homework, ask lots of questions and maybe even try the products out first to see if you like them. I wish you much luck and success...

Teresa
Old 01-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Awesome WAHM

Annette, Good luck in your decision. I know myself looked for about 8 mths before I juimped in. I had originally bought the product myself and had been using it until that time. Have been doing this for a couple of yrs now and am so happy. I would be happy to talk with you about any of this if you want. I know I looked on this site myself and learned alot. Hopefully either one you choose will work well for you.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:17 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi Annette,
Hi, my name is Kim Kelly and I am a mother of 3 wonderful kids: Amanda 17, Kevin 15 and Jason 7. I have always stayed at home with my kids and tried my hand at various direct sales over the years. There are so many opportunities out there and it is so hard to choose which one is the best for you and your family. I have found that there are a few key things to look for in a business opportunity:

1. you have to love the product : if you don't wear or love jewelry than you will have trouble sharing it with others . The direct sales that I have been in, I have always loved their products and still do use the products even if I don't sell them anymore. Now with Scentsy I love my home to smell good, my family loves to be home(even our 17 and 15 year olds) and I want it to be inviting and comfy and smelling good!

2. the leadership at the head of the company has to have the same morals and values that I have. The owners of Scentsy, Heidi and Orville Thompson believe in giving and have incorporated that into the business in varying ways including always having a charitable cause product in all of their catalogs where all the proceeds go to the charity.

3. Flexibility with the requirements to stay active. Being a Mom to 3 and a Wife along with the many other hats I wear, my life is not always predictable and my schedule is always changing . A normal job would not let me be able to adjust my schedule to my family's to make sure I am there for them. With Scentsy's great new policy of any size order( from September to December) to stay active which takes all the pressure off to enjoy sharing Scentsy without the added pressure.

4. No added extra costs to hosting parties : I have been with other direct sales where the hostess rewards would actually come out of my profits, With Scentsy they take care of it all with no extra costs out of our pockets. Scentsy also has a great hostess plan that spoils the hostess, they end up sharing with all their friends how much they received for hostessing and booking more parties for you.

5. Low start up cost with everything you need to start with: Other direct sales have low start up costs but do not supply you with everything you need to start your business so you end up spending a lot more just to get started. Scentsy's started kit does come with everything you need to start(the list is below) and it only costs $99!!

I joined Scentsy in April of 2011 because I loved the warmers and scents and wanted to just have some fun with it. What started out as some fun has turned into a business that keeps growing! With Scentsy I don't sell the product I just share either a catalog, demo warmer or sample and that is all it takes, they are hooked. My customers and hostesses keep helping me share Scentsy and they have been telling everyone and directing them my way. With Scentsy's great new policy of any size order( from September to December) to stay active which takes all the pressure off to enjoy sharing Scentsy without the added pressure.

Scentsy is a great line of warmers and scented wax that really just sells itself! I love that Scentsy lets you choose how you want to share Scentsy either:
1. online and word of mouth
2. Scentsy basket parties( which I love and end up having the hostess want to sign up because they see how easy it is) : I just put together a bag with a demo plug in warmer, 20 little testers, catalogs and order forms and the hostess just shares Scentsy wherever she goes.
3. Scentsy home parties: These are the traditional home parties but with Scentsy it is so simple, I just take 10-15 minutes and walk them through the catalog , the rest is them having fun smelling the scents and deciding what warmer(s) they want. I only bring one bag(box) in and it only takes about 15 minutes to set up.

Sorry for the long reply but wanted you to have all this info to help with your decision. Feel free to call or email me anytime if you have any questions.
Have a great day!
Old 01-22-2012, 02:31 PM
WAHM Regular

Good luck in your decision. I know it can be really tough with all those great products out there. I'm sure you'll do great with whatever company you choose!