Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Banned

Hi Annette,

You're at a great place as you have narrowed your decision down to two. Keep doing your research and follow your heart. Don't over analysis just go with what your heart is telling you. A consumable product is great for re-orders and loyal customers. I personally don't believe in the word SATURATION with our business. Don't let anyone steer you wrong with that word. With over 300million in the USA alone, their is room for everyone for years and years to come. Partylite Gifts has been around for over 30+ years and they have a very strong loyal customer base. Mary Kay has over 1 million consultants worldwide and people still sign up with them today. Scentsy would be a great choice because they are established and respected in the industry. Pink Zebra would be a great choice because they are new. BUT, something to think about, not everyone is cut out to start with a new company.

I wish you the best making your decision and have fun in the process.

Good luck,
Catherine
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2012, 06:53 PM
WAHM Addict

Pink Zebra is new yes but not new to the candle industry, our owners have been in the candle market for over 20 years so we are not new to candles or fragrance. In fact they own a leading candle manufacting plant here in the states. Our products are soy, made from soy beans grown here in the US. We support a womans charity for each $500 party we do a single mom gets a free day of day care!. There are so many other reasons why I believe its a great opportunity to join us. Our minimum requirement to stay active is just $150 retail and that is for a 6 months period which is nothing really! Are products are patented with our soy sprinkles and sealable reed diffusers. We have another very unique product coming out in a few weeks too that i believe will do great! I have been with the company for just a month and this month i am scheduled to promote to manager!! thats in one months time, so the growth potential is amazing. Not saturated as some other companies. and although there maybe be a new clause for scentsy to allow you to sell for competing companies most other companies will not allow this. good luck to you in your decision!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:57 AM
Super WAHM

I hope you are still thinking, Annette! I really believe now is the time to join Scentsy. We have so many cool and new products coming. Plus, our new catalog will be out in March. The addition of the new brand, Velata, and another one being announced this summer. This is BIG!

I don't like it when people use the term "saturated". I'm in a state with the most Scentsy consultants and I still run across people who have never heard of it. I also have people still joining my team. If you provide great customer service and build relationships with your customers, sales will come!

All of the changes happening at Scentsy really open up the door to new opportunities and reaching your goals!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Default My opinion

In my opinion, it is easier to sale what people already know they like/want. Especially, if you think you're in an area where you can be successful with either opportunity.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Yup, I'm still thinking!! It's driving me nuts...lol I've trying to do as much research as possible. I could totally be putting this time into my business instead if I could only decide! Haha It's definitely between Scentsy and PZ. I love things about both and certain things about each of them make me nervous.

It's taking me so long because I don't want to ever have to switch companies. I want this to be a one time deal for me. This is one reason the newness of PZ scares me. I know everyone says it's growing fast but what if, by small chance, goes belly up? Also, I wonder about their products since I've never physically experienced any. I must say I love their look so much!! I've already thought of adorable displays and accessories for it haha. I don't think it would be hard to market! How often will they come out with new items though?

Scentsy...I've smelled my moms and love it! People who have tried it always love it. There are people I know who still have never heard of it which is good for me. However, what if I want to do a fair or something? That's when I'll have less luck since there are so many consultants in my area also trying to do that same fair or whatever. How can I market online when every site I go to already has consultants there marketing the same thing? I do like the fact that I know Scentsy is here to stay and I love all the new Scentsy lines! I know there's something new coming this summer too. It only concerns me a bit wondering if Scentsy is going to overdo it and take away the spotlight from their candles. I don't really want a company that sells everything, know what I mean?

Another biggie is I don't want any drama within teams or other consultants in the samele company. I've heard things about a certain company forum and it was a little disappointing.

Ok this got waaaaay longer than I expected! Haha Sorry!!! Either way, both companies seem great. I just have to decide which one fits me better
Old 01-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Super WAHM

Good luck on your decision. I think both companies are awesome! Make a pros and cons list and go with your gut!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:28 PM
WAHM Fanatic

WOW Annette!
You really have thought a lot about this! That is a great thing!
Your business will be what YOU make it. If you stay positive, treat other consultants, customers and hostesses with respect and dignity and run your business in an honest manor (all of which I'm sure you will do) there is nothing but success waiting for you!
There is going to be tricky situations in any business. Whether it's an online forum, marketing, vendor events etc. All are opportunities to learn.
Best of luck with your decision.
Keep asking questions and BELIEVE in yourself! YOU are the key to your success
Old 01-24-2012, 12:47 PM
WAHM Regular

Ohhh a pros and cons list! Thank you, Jessica! I didn't even think about that. That's next on my to-do list haha
Old 01-24-2012, 01:31 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Annette~
Just knowing how much you have been thinking about it is a good sign! You are going to SHINE!!
Old 01-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Super WAHM

Default Yea!

I'm SO glad to hear from you, Annette! It is important to not make a hasty decision. I'm the same way with researching everything! Knowledge is power and it can make you feel more secure with what you are doing.

I think Scentsy is great because the product has been around 7 years and people know what it is. There is a lot to be said with name recognition in direct sales! You know the company isn't going anywhere, either. You have to take what people say with a grain of salt. I think the forums are great way to get questions answered, but I'm not on there posting much.

Remember, you are NOT obligated to sign up with the new brands. I think focusing on one thing in the beginning is probably best. If you ever decide you want to work for more than one company, Scentsy gives you the option plus it will be under one umbrella. This means everything you sell counts towards your personal retail volume. No other company can give you that. The new brands will also help you to get a booth at shows, since we are allowed to have a booth with another brand separate from Scentsy. We can also sell
all of the product at home parties, too.

We are all making sure you have the information to make an informed decision. In the end, you need to do what is best for you!