Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Talk to me candle WAHMs! What are your quotas and product prices?

I am a freelance writer who isn't looking for anything else to add to my plate, but I must admit to being fascinated by the candle section. I LOVE candles and buy them all the time. After reading some of these posts, I am wondering if it would make sense to sign up as a consultant simply for the discount. I would not be looking to work it as a business.

When it comes to candles, I am a jar candle type of girl -- think Yankee Candle. I've tried melts in the past but decided they are not for me (sorry Scentsy reps!). There is just something very satisfying about burning a candle down to nothing and then starting over with a new scent.

So with that in mind, I am wondering if you can tell me:
  1. What is your sales quota?
  2. What is the average price of your jar candles?
  3. Do you think your company works well for my situation? Or does it really only make sense to sign up if you plan to make a business out of it?

Thanks in advance!

Maryalene
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2012, 08:43 AM
Super WAHM

Talking PZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryalene View Post
I am a freelance writer who isn't looking for anything else to add to my plate, but I must admit to being fascinated by the candle section. I LOVE candles and buy them all the time. After reading some of these posts, I am wondering if it would make sense to sign up as a consultant simply for the discount. I would not be looking to work it as a business.

When it comes to candles, I am a jar candle type of girl -- think Yankee Candle. I've tried melts in the past but decided they are not for me (sorry Scentsy reps!). There is just something very satisfying about burning a candle down to nothing and then starting over with a new scent.

3. Do you think your company works well for my situation? Or does it really only make sense to sign up if you plan to make a business out of it?

Thanks in advance!

Maryalene

Hi Maryalene,

Pink Zebra Home is FANTASTIC and a very workable business for any budget or situation.

To answer you questions first,

1. Our "quota" is to sell $150.00 worth of product over a 6 month period! VERY REASONABLE!! :0 no monthly autoships or anything.

2. Our average jar candle is $16.00 ( I can provide more info if needed

3. Many people sign up simply for discounts... heck I LOVE candles and I am my biggest customer. I do work it as a business but it's because I choose to. With this company and the low quota, I have that ability to do either Your "situation" is not very different from many others! :0

I freelance write too!!

Let me know if you would like to hear more.. I could talk PZ all day!!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryalene View Post

Thanks in advance!

Maryalene

Hi Maryalene:

I recently joined Eclipse Candle Company.

We have glass jar candles and a tin candle.

The 12 oz jar is $17
The 8 oz jar is $14
The 12 oz tin is $14

We also have many scents to choose from.

We have no minimums or quotas.

Eclipse Candle Company would perfect for personal use.

Please private message me or email me at: [email protected] if you have further questions or if I can help you in any way.

Thank you, Corinna
Old 01-19-2012, 12:42 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Sounds like you know what you are looking for! That is wonderful! Good luck with your search
Old 01-19-2012, 01:52 PM
WAHM Addict

Hi there,

I have sent you a personal message. Love to connect with you.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:46 PM
WAHM Master

So many great choices out there!!! :-)

Last edited by DebraFerrie; 02-05-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:52 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Definitely agree with Mia Bella's

Good luck in your search!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hi there!

Candles are definitely something everyone looks for!

I'm with Pink Zebra a new hip unique company that has introduced Sprinkles ($8 a jar) in which you can mix and create your own cents if you choose.

For you the in the jars:
3.5 oz two pack burns 25 hours is $16
11.5 oz with two wicks burns 48 hours is $16

The quota to stay active is $150 in sales over 6 months. This sounds like it would be more avenue if not looking to work the business.. You can do eParties where you just email a link out to people to order from..

I didn't think I would like the Sprinkles and I have to say I fell in love with the amazing aroma and burning times I couldn't say no to them!! I am a Yankee-holic too!!

Have a great night!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:41 PM
WAHM Addict

I'm with Gold Canyon.

Our quota is $900 per 9 rolling months. I have a few on my team who just buy for themselves and family/friends and have no issue making this.

Prices vary depending on the style of candle. We have jars in all sorts of scents and sizes for different budgets. The website is in my signature.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thanks everyone for your response! I believe I have replied to everyone who sent me a message as well. I've heard from reps for Pink Zebra, Eclipse, Mia Bella and Grand Canyon so far. I'll be checking out everyone's site for further information.

Thanks again!

Maryalene