Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Grand WAHM

You got a lot of great information already. Ordering some candles and giving them a try really helps to know the product and feel good about it. Go for what you feel most passionate about, have fun! Good luck and much success to you...

Last edited by MrsTeresa; 07-21-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2012, 10:33 PM
WAHM Regular

Wink David Oreck Candle Co.

I'm with David Oreck Candle Co. (David invented the Oreck Vacuum) We carry Accessories, Candles, Meltables, & Warmers with a Timer and Temp control. Our base commissions are 25%+ bonuses. We do get a big 50% off wax products for ourselves. These are to be used as gifts, promotions and for our own use. We do have quotas if you want to get paid for your downline. But, we have great incentives to sell, sell, sell!!! Our candles and any containers that they poured into are all made in the USA!!!! Soy and Vegatable Wax blends that are clean burning, all cotton wicks, and the meltables last a very long time with a large scent selection. Our prices are great, the meltables start out at $4.95 so there is something for everyone. We have huge monthly specials for hosts and customers. Any other questions please let me know!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:28 AM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryalene View Post
I am a freelance writer who isn't looking for anything else to add to my plate, but I must admit to being fascinated by the candle section. I LOVE candles and buy them all the time. After reading some of these posts, I am wondering if it would make sense to sign up as a consultant simply for the discount. I would not be looking to work it as a business.

When it comes to candles, I am a jar candle type of girl -- think Yankee Candle. I've tried melts in the past but decided they are not for me (sorry Scentsy reps!). There is just something very satisfying about burning a candle down to nothing and then starting over with a new scent.

So with that in mind, I am wondering if you can tell me:
  1. What is your sales quota?
  2. What is the average price of your jar candles?
  3. Do you think your company works well for my situation? Or does it really only make sense to sign up if you plan to make a business out of it?

Thanks in advance!

Maryalene
Maryalene,

Pink Zebra Home works for you! With the minimum to stay active of $150 in 6 months you would remain active to get your 25% discount at all times!

We have a large flare candle or two small flare candles for $16 (which I add are Amazing!)
As well we have the apothecary candles that are so elegant and fits right in with any kitchen! I love the Green Tea & Lemongrass so much I keep them in stock at all times! Lol. These are $18 and it took me 4 months to burn just one and I burn it all the time!

We also have the Glimmer Candle kit which puts off a relaxing glow in your home, great for Bubble Baths!

Trust me if you are wanting to enjoy candles like I do you will not be disappointed with Pink Zebra Home! There are so many benefits to the soy wax, that I was completely unaware of until I joined an did some research and now I don't get headaches every day from the paraffin that puts off so many toxins in the home!

Safer for children and the wax doesn't get hot. Btw if you ever have one knocked over, it cleans up with Soap & Water! Even out of carpet!

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions! I am all about signing just for the discount, that's what I did originally, but now Pink Zebra has changed my life and I am looking forward to retirement!
Old 07-21-2012, 01:00 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile Soylicious

[FONT="Garamond"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I just signed with Soylicious, mainly because:

1. Soy-based candle products
2. Low monthly cost of only $4.99
3. NO minimum purchase requirements at all!
4. Reasonably priced products
4. Design your own starter kit to fit your budget AND receive an extra 20% discount

With Soylicious, you earn top commission and discounts from the start. Soylicious pays out a total of 50% on every order - no huge downline to build. If you sell it - you earn it and there is no waiting for a commission check on your personal order.

Soylicious provides not only E-training emails, but also Facebook discussion group, weekly training conference calls and mentors to give you a helping hand.

The products are soy way made in America from soybeans grown right here in the USA. The candles feature wooden wicks to the new and exciting MELTER GEMS "A Ring in Every Package" !!

100% satisfaction guaranteed on every product and I get my own personal website with a "My Story" page, control panel for training and consultant information, affiliate panel to track commissions and the ability to create online E-Parties.

And one of the best deals? - $.99 signup special currently going on!!

I just couldn't resist the products or the value

Last edited by lorah; 07-23-2012 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Live link not allowed-signature rule violation
Old 07-21-2012, 08:17 AM
Banned

Hi Kelly! A HUGE Soylicious fan here too Good to see you here!
Old 07-21-2012, 02:54 PM
WAHM Veteran

Are you looking for quota of monthly sales or quota of monthly obligations? The reason I ask is because I've read a number of posts that say they have "No minimum, or no quota" and then go on to describe a monthly fee or a monthly autoship - still a financial obligation. It seems a contradictory to say - "no quota, you just have to pay ..."

When investigating a company, if you're considering building a business or earning extra income, then it's realistic to expect some regular investment/sales necessary - else how will you continue to grow your business if you're not working it as a business?

If however, you just want to be a personal user or extremely casual seller, then sometimes it's better to be a host to earn free or reduced product, than to invest in a starter kit and then pay a monthly autoship or web fee.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:55 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAscents View Post
When investigating a company, if you're considering building a business or earning extra income, then it's realistic to expect some regular investment/sales necessary - else how will you continue to grow your business if you're not working it as a business?

If however, you just want to be a personal user or extremely casual seller, then sometimes it's better to be a host to earn free or reduced product, than to invest in a starter kit and then pay a monthly autoship or web fee.
I totally agree!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Grand WAHM

Do your homework for sure, ask lot's of questions...
You don't want to be surprised.... Much luck to you!
Old 07-25-2012, 05:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvParties4u View Post
Do your homework for sure, ask lot's of questions...
You don't want to be surprised.... Much luck to you!
I completely agree! Starting your own business is a big decision and nobody can make that decision for you but yourself! Only you know what is right for you!