Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:17 PM
WAHM Regular

Default questions for disabled...

A friend of ours is blind and would like to be able to work. He had tried Fuller Brush way back and liked it to some degree, but needed someone to take him around to find customers, deliver orders etc.

Now with the Internet and websites, things have changed considerably for the disabled hopefully! Does anyone know of some who may be blind or disabled in other ways who can have good success in having a candle business?

What would a blind person need to do a candle business...any thoughts on this?

Jannie in PA
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2010, 04:40 PM
WAHM Addict

Arrow Mia Bella Business

Greetings,

I am a firm believer that anyone can accomplish anything they put their mind to, so the question is "does your friend have the confidence to make it happen while overcoming obstacles many of us may have never even imagined?" and "is your friend willing to go over, under and through them to succeed?"

I have a couple members on my team whom are deaf and they do quite well!

If your friend has social circles, this is a start! Co-workers, family, friends, neighbors. If there is a will, there most certainly is a way.

Yes it may take a little more effort and assistance of others when it comes to transportation, however if your friend is mobile; a great personality, a smile and letting others smell the aromas will go a long way!

I think candles could be a good fit, smell can tell similarly shaped products apart making that portion of the job easy as site is not needed!

With any sort of 'product based' business, person to person sales are the fastest way to 'cash'. Web marketing is most certainly an option!

How close are you to Wilkes Barre, PA? Our headquarters is there and this could be a great plus for your friend!

Please let me know any and all questions
Old 04-04-2010, 05:48 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile Could he sell candles? :)

Alethea, thanks so much for your fast reply! and...No, this person isn't near PA, he's in FL.

Because he's in such a small town area, transportation anywhere is getting difficult. Probably the best way would be to sell to friends/acquaintances of his, as you mentioned, or online at a website.

Are there any who are skilled at instructing disabled/visually handicapped ones as to how to have good success online and be willing to help him do you think? He would need lots of help, I'm sure. Don't know what his computer skills are or what kind of computer he has. He had been talking about getting software for the visually handicapped to be able to use but don't know if he has done that yet. The Blind Assn was supposed to help him w/his computer issues 5+ years ago but still haven't come through for him.

He will have to jump a lot of hurdles, but he would probably be up for that.

Thanks for your help!

Jannie in PA
Old 04-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Awesome WAHM

I don't know of anybody personally, but I would think if he was able to sell Fuller B. then he could most certainly sell candles. Besides, the internet is a great place to start if he is unable to get out much. He could send emails, direct friends to his website for orders. Like Alethea said "where there's a will there's a way."