Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:02 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Scents and Wonderful Memories

When I worked in the retail world, I had someone tell me one time that every time you go on a vacation, you should buy a new scent to take along. Then once you get back home, every time you wear that scent, you will remember that special vacation. I still do that, and it is amazing!

I got to thinking about all our wonderful candle fragrances and what draws us to certain scents.

I am drawn to vanilla scents (makes me think of when hubby and I first started dating.) I was working at Victoria's Secret Beauty at the time, and I had fallen in love with the Vanilla Lace fragrance. I put it on at work, but since I thought not everyone liked vanilla, I would try to wash it off before going out with Noel (my husband). Well it didn't always come off, and I remember the first time he grabbed my hands and held them and just went ga ga over the vanilla scent. Well, fast forward 12 years, and I am still drawn to vanilla scents b/c they remind me of our time dating.

So, vanilla candles are a staple in my house! Brings back wonderful memories. Cucumber melon is another one I like because it reminds me of a trip we took (before kids) to Disney World. So, I keep that scent around the house, too.

What about you? Share your scent stories...

Melissa

Last edited by mandm'smommy; 04-04-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Super WAHM

I love our Lilacs and Violets scent. It reminds me of being a kid and playing at my grandma's house in Wyoming. I'm in Southern AZ now and we don't have lilac bushes here, so I cherish my Lilacs and Violets Scentsy bar! One of the girls on my team loves our White Tea and Cactus, she says it reminds her of a vacation she once took to Hawaii. The first scents I ever used as a consultant were Sangria and Mediterranean Spa and now whenever I smell them I am taken back to my early days as a consultant! Ahhh memories!
Old 04-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Awesome WAHM

I love Gold Canyon's Apple Orhcard Pear'dise candle because it brings me back to when my family and I lived in our little townhome. We had two kids at the time....NOW we have three and live in house, too big if you ask me. This scent will always carry a memory of that townhome and when we lived there. I used to burn this scent all the time.

I'm with Luminarias Candles now and look forward to all the memories I have to create with our scent line.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:09 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I enjoy different scents, my favorite MB scent is Key Lime Pie so far this is still #1 on my top 5 lol. We have so many wonderful scents just the same I also love our new Acai Berry, Gardenia I could go on and on.

Michelle
Old 04-05-2010, 05:53 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Loving the stories...thank you for sharing, ladies.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:46 AM
WAHM Addict

Lilac's remind me of being a kid cuz we had huge lilac bushes in our front yard. It was part of spring to go out there and cut some down and bring them in the house. But we had to be careful of bees. Those things were probably 8 feet tall (granted, I was only 4 feet tall)
Old 04-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default I love it!!!

Sharon, I have the same feeling about Orange Blossoms. We had a bush next to our front porch (with the lilac bushes...did we grow up in the same climate?) and I loved the look and smell of the flowers so much I would go crouch inside the bush and just bliss out. Im not normally a floral candle scent person but Lilac and Orange Blossoms are definitely an exception!!

The scent I ordered at my first ever Gold Canyon party as a guest was Caramel Apple. It reminded me of the ones we used to make when we would have Orchard parties at the farm growing up.....when the apples got too much and were falling to the ground we would invite lots of people over so that they would not go to waste. Anything apple.....Caramel Apple, Warm Apple Crisp, Apple Orchard Pear'adise, and now just plain Apple, reminds me of those times growing up.

Thanks for sharing, everyone!!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:24 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Wonderful stories! Again, thank you for taking the time to share. These are the types of posts I love reading on here, and they also help me get to know each of you a bit better.

Love the childhood memories!!

Melissa
Old 04-05-2010, 10:34 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Gardenia scents remind me of my Mom's house where she has a gardenia bush in the front yard that a neighbor cut down because it was in her way. I think of home when I smell that.

What would be cool is is someone could come up with a burned tortilla smell and that would remind me of my grandma's house!! (they weren't really burned, but the smell of cooking tortillas reminds me of my abuela)

Missy
Old 04-05-2010, 11:12 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleClaire View Post
Sharon, I have the same feeling about Orange Blossoms. We had a bush next to our front porch (with the lilac bushes...did we grow up in the same climate?)
maybe? i have no clue what climate you grew up in.. but I haven't moved very far from where i grew up... lol