Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:14 AM
Registered WAHM
Array

Default Having trouble at work and need advice

I have been with the same company for 2 years now.
It is a small, family owned fitness company.
I have loved working here - the people are great and I have a lot of flexibility to take care of my family.
However in the last few months the company has gone through a series of changes.
They have completely re-done their facility. It has been a huge under taking and has put many of us under stress.
There have been no reviews, raises, or new hires during this time. As a matter a fact, there have been some pay cuts, people have been asked to step down, even I have taken a pay cut.
A few long time employees have left because morale has just changed.
Then low and behold they hire a new woman - or 22 year old girl should I say in my department who just got out of college a month ago who has NO experience, gave her a DIRECTOR title, gave her a salaried position (I'm hourly) and I know she is making $12,000 more a year than I am.
WTF?
She is making more money than my boss did (she is one of the people who recently left). She has NO experience (she was a waitress before this and JUST graduated a month ago). I've been in the fitness industry for over 12 years.
This is a huge kick in the face to me.
I am beside myself. I am so angry.
Anytime this company has asked me to work overtime, switch my schedule, work on a weekend, I have done it. I have taken over the work from my boss who left and from the 2 others who were asked to step down and have done a damn good job.
I took the damn pay cut.
I am obviously looking for a new job, and the part that makes me sad it I LOVE the people I work with. The management here clearly sucks and I will tell them so in my exit interview. I am just sad to leave a company I love.
I just can't believe they made people step down, take pay cuts and then hired someone with NO experience and gave her a Director title and a fat salary. I just don't get it.

Last edited by gigimado; 07-11-2018 at 11:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2018, 12:46 PM
WAHM Regular
Array

I'm sorry to hear about your situation gigimado. It sounds like you loved the company the way it was, and not what it has become. If employees are leaving because of the change in morale, you obviously aren't the only one who feels this way. Have you tried talking to management? If they are not receptive to any discussions, I think you are making the right decision to look for another job. I know it's hard to leave when you really like your co-workers, but they may not be around for long either if things continue on the current path. Maybe management will catch on if enough employees leave, but sadly it might not be until they lose a great employee like you who does everything they can to help the company. Good luck to you in deciding what path to take. Keep us posted!
Old 07-11-2018, 09:12 PM
Grand WAHM

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation too gigimado, and I also understand why you are looking for something different. I hope you find something new and much better soon.

Hang in there.