Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:11 PM
Registered WAHM

Question Any recommendations for a good and legitimate work at home job or business?

I live in Los Angeles, California.

I am almost 55 years old and I would like to try to find a good and legitimate work at home job or business that pays at least $11 per hour, where I can work at least 20 hours per week, and is non-telephone work (i.e. making sales calls or doing customer service type calls). Since I am not good at math, that leaves out work at home Accountant / Book Keeper. I thought about Medical Billing, but the training is too involved at my age. I am looking for something that is easy/entry level, and does not require any type of college degree or special/formal training.

Over the past year, I read a ton of online articles about various work at home businesses/careers . . . but I just wanted to get candid suggestions from some of the members in this forum that may currently have such a job or business.

I am open to suggestions.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2017, 07:32 AM
WAHM Master

Welcome to WAHM It's nice to meet you. I'm a wife and mom of three. I have worked from home off and on for several years and love it. I have been with my current business since 2011 and they are a 32 year old company that is 100% legitimate and financially stable . If you would like more information feel free to visit my site and I will contact you or send me a message on this site
Old 05-25-2017, 08:53 PM
Grand WAHM

Customer service is a big work at home area. You'll find positions like that and others in the telecommuting section. Good luck.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:25 PM
Registered WAHM

Thank you, Malea. I sent you a private message.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:26 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danasurvey View Post
Customer service is a big work at home area. You'll find positions like that and others in the telecommuting section. Good luck.
Thank you, Danasurvey. I appreciate your help.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:29 PM
WAHM Regular

If you are looking to work for others and not have your own business, you might look into transcription work. A number of different companies will hire you to type out conversations that have been recorded, for documentation purposes.

However, if you want to run your own business, I have had an awesome experience as a Scentsy Consultant thus far! It is incredibly fun and flexible and you can easily make extra money simply by sharing products you love. In addition, there are so many ways to have "parties" and create sales these days, from Facebook and catalog parties to fundraisers and home parties. If you want to know more, feel free to check out my site and/or message me.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:27 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Hallman View Post
If you are looking to work for others and not have your own business, you might look into transcription work. A number of different companies will hire you to type out conversations that have been recorded, for documentation purposes.

However, if you want to run your own business, I have had an awesome experience as a Scentsy Consultant thus far! It is incredibly fun and flexible and you can easily make extra money simply by sharing products you love. In addition, there are so many ways to have "parties" and create sales these days, from Facebook and catalog parties to fundraisers and home parties. If you want to know more, feel free to check out my site and/or message me.
Thank you, Jamie Hallman. I appreciate your help.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi, I have worked from home as a medical transcriptionist/editor for the last 12 years, and I'm also a market partner for Monat.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:39 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtokie73 View Post
Hi, I have worked from home as a medical transcriptionist/editor for the last 12 years, and I'm also a market partner for Monat.
Thank you for your help, Mtokie73. I tried to get into medical transcription about 20 years ago, but trying to learn the medical terminology needed to do the job was too much for me.

Monat looks interesting, but I don't think I have what it takes to sell their products.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:59 PM
Miss

If we're talking about a legit site you can sign up and get a full or part-time work, I can only recommend upwork.com. You can check them out online. You'd find actual and verified buyers or employers there.