Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:12 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelin View Post
If we're talking about a legit site you can sign up and get a full or part-time work, I can only recommend upwork.com. You can check them out online. You'd find actual and verified buyers or employers there.
Thank you Xelin, I'll check out that website you recommend.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2017, 08:41 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Have you looked through the telecommuting folder? There's always a ton of job leads posted. I've tried the "easy" jobs such as data entry, humanatic, mturk, etc. but those literally pay pennies. It's not worth the time or effort, imo so watch out for those.

As far as businesses go, make sure it's something that you love and are passionate about. If not, it'll be hard to sell the service or product. It takes time to build a business and make $$ so if you go down that route, don't get discouraged if the sales aren't coming. It takes time and hard work.

I am a fitness trainer but I'm not able to teach much now that I have a baby so I am an affiliate for a legging company (non-mlm). I'm doing ok with that business but it took some time to start getting sales. I love essential oils and use them all the time so I just signed up to sell them. I signed up with a NON MLM company so I don't have to purchase a required amount of product per month, I don't have to recruit (only if I WANT to) and I have no sales quotas. Same thing with the leggings company. There's no pressure whatsoever. I work from home. I set my own hours. And cost to join the companies I am with is super reasonable ($25 sign up fee). If you're interested in starting a business like the legging business or essential oils, let me know and I'll send info.

I also blog but I'm not consistent so it's not really going anywhere. Don't let anybody tell you that it's easy to start a blog. It's hard to keep up with it and hard to get traffic. I keep it because I get some leads there. I'm also trying to post more and hopefully build it up to get decent traffic. I know several people who make good money blogging so there is money in it you just have to be consistent and know how to promote it.

Also, look through signature lines. You'll get a lot of really good ideas from that!
Old 06-22-2017, 05:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi and welcome to WAHM!

If you are interested in trying something different, you could look into teaching English online. I am a homeschool mom of 5 boys and have been blessed with the opportunity to teach English as a second language (ESL) online to Korean students.

Obviously teaching ESL will require some training, but the best thing is that a teaching degree is not needed. If you have a high school diploma, you can earn your TESOL certificate in as little as 4-6 months with a fully online TESOL course offered through Promise Opens Doors.

My first work from home job was with HSN (Home Shopping Network), so I completely understand you wanting to avoid all telephone work. There was a big difference between my over the phone sales job and my teaching career.

If teaching ESL sounds like something you'd be interested in, send me a private message. You will be surprised at the many opportunities that are available.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:20 AM
Awesome WAHM

I'd suggest freelance writing. Whether blogging or creating articles for corporate clients, selling your own essays, personal blogging or writing your own ebooks, there's plenty of money to be made in this industry. There's a forum here where you can learn more about how to get started without a degree or lengthy training.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:01 AM
WAHM Regular

Location: Lived in China before. Was born in Italy, but i currently live in Perth, Australia.

I would say that the 1st thing you would need to do is get the right training and definitely need some online tools! It is not as hard or expensive as you might think…but you definitely need to be in a place that teaches you both how to and have the tools to help you build it. Plus you would need to build a website. It will take a little money but not much. You can go to some place like NameCheap to register a domain and HostGator for website hosting at about $7/mo or i think now, even less.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:21 AM
WAHM Regular

Do some research on affiliate marketing, and make sure you get a good program that supports you.