Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:29 PM
WAHM Regular

I recently started trying recipes for lotions etc. and am finding out how much I really love it! My only concern is that here in the US that has suddenly become very popular and I wonder how successful I can be with it considering how much popularity it has gained here. It is truly interesting and exciting to try this though!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2016, 04:08 AM
WAHM Regular

I think that if this is something you really like you should give it a serious go. While there are many lotions out there, if yours are good, you will develop your own following.

Niche and small local markets are also becoming popular. I just received a Christmas present from someone whose friend started making soap out of her house while she home schooled her 3 children.

Her soap is now in 5 local stores and she cannot keep up with demand. There are lots of soaps out there bu enough people love hers to make it a success. I know it did not happen overnight but it did happen.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:54 PM
WAHM Addict

Without reiterating some of the above posts I would say yes . Without a doubt.
I retired my husband last year and am on the cusp of a six figure income .There is no magic company, bean nor potion however that will take you to it however. No matter who proclaims to have 'the holy grail' of all companies.
Irrespective it boils down to passion in your company (it attracts like nothing else) , consistency , persistent drive and branding yourself to stand out from the multitude.

I will say this...anyone who says you can do it straight off the bat inside of 30 days etc its false.
Sustainable , long term, legacy type income that provides you an income you know won't vanish as fast as it arrived comes with massive action , consistency and finding what makes you tick. What makes you excited to do each day...if you don't love it you won't want to drive it . And that is vital when working for oneself.

Best of luck in whatever you do.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:53 AM
Registered WAHM

I recently started trying recipes for lotions etc. and am finding out how much I really love it! My only concern is that here in the US that has suddenly become very popular and I wonder how successful I can be with it
Old 01-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Miss

It is possible. I have been working full time online for more than 7 years already. There's no security actually as employers can end contracts anytime they want. Downside. Yes. But you just have to keep on pushing. Keep your head in the game. Be one step ahead as well. I started as a virtual assistant, btw.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:20 PM
WAHM Regular

Yes, especially if you own the sites/blogs and regularly update them. Takes a lot of learning though
Old 04-03-2017, 09:11 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kekehuang View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum here. Just really want to talk to people who are also working from home.

It's been almost a year since I started trying to find ways to work from home. But I've still not find a good way to do it.

Affiliate marketing was quite popular, lots of people were doing it. So I invested in training about it as well. But later I find out that a big part of it is to grow your email list. Only when your email list is big enough, and those people on your list are true buyers, then you can make a good income. But it's so expensive to get leads. Like solo ads, or Facebook ads, you have to pay a lot to add more leads to your list. Than you can't guarantee if those people would buy from you or not.

So I didn't want to do affiliate marketing anymore. It just require too much investment and no guaranteed income.

I wish I found out about what's all involved before I invested in the training.

And then someone introduced me to a website called Empowr. where you can earn money by posting, blogging, or selling. That was quite easy to do. Only that they require you to pay what they call the ad platform fees. And that fee just grows bigger and bigger as time passes. I'm still with them but I'm beginning to doubt if I can really profit in the end...

I also tried a site called Steemit. Where you can be paid to blog. You don't need any investment for this one. But you have to be a good writer to come up with original contents, and it's never guaranteed that people will upvote your blog or not. So it sure is not a way to earn any type of stable income.

I'm feeling a bit discouraged now because I've tried for a whole year, still didn't figure out a good way to earn a stable income by working from home.

Can you let me know what other options are there to work from home? Anything that really worked for you? Thanks.

I was the same as you several years ago. I finally gave up on a lot of the "get rich quick" plans out there and went back to school to learn a trade I could do at home or in the field. You might want to think about trade school. Once I earned all my certifications as a medical coder & biller I started teaching a class to those who wished to start their own work from home businesses.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Hello, yes it is. But here's the challenge. Some say you have to try at least 10 things. And give each an honest chance to work. So at least say 3 month if not a 6 months, on each. But in reality it could take a lot more attempts. Like this might sound crazy but it could take 20 tries to find something that actually works. But then once you find something that does work, you could be set for life.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:46 AM
Registered WAHM

I know how you feel. When I first started to work online I tried everything. And I mean EVERYTHING to get started.

But, eventually I found a niche that made me some money on the side, and I stuck with it. So it's not so bad. Alls I can say stick with it, try out things and see what works for you. I've done telecommunicating, starting up a blog, affiliate marketing, drawing, etc, and writing just worked out best for me in the end.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:27 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Yes, I've been self sufficient working at home since 2005. I'm single so need to pay my own mortgage and bills so made the decision to become a Freelancer Online and become self-employed. Since I'm still here and still self-employed I'd say yep there are lots and lots of us.

Tags
full time income, packaging boxes, work from home