Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:15 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I get most of my clients at work. I work at a gym (fitness trainer) so there are plenty of people looking for help with their eating habits (I am an online weight loss coach). I also sell affordable certifications (I work for a major certification company) to people who want to be a trainer so lots of people who go to gym who want to certify. So definitely, tell every body you know what you do. Try not to overdo it. It naturally comes up in my conversations. I never bring it up unless I am asked. I don't like being a pushy salesperson.

I also ask my friends and family to share one of my posts on FB every now and then. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't and that's okay. My mom and sister always do. haha So, that's good. They have a lot of friends.

As for social media, I use my personal facebook to share work related info but I have different lists. There is one list for fitness friends and gym members (mom and sis on that one ) and that's who I share work related info with. I also have a separate FB business page. When I set it up years ago, I asked friends and family to "Like" it. Some did and some didn't and again that is okay.

I just started blogging (started last year but wasn't able to stick with it until now) and I set up a twitter account. I'm working on building it. Can't say how that is working. It's too early.

LinkedIn is also another site I use to get my business out there and surprisingly I have gotten some results from that. I almost deleted that account when I started. Glad I stuck with it!

Pinterest is great to get people to your website. I don't have much traffic yet but according to the analytics, most of my traffic is from Pinterest!!! I haven't even spent much time on there!

Local:
I post flyers on free bulletin boards around town
Craigslist ( I do not post my phone number and use a junk email address. If it's someone legit, then I direct them to my business email address)
Backpage (have actually gotten some activity from this site)
Forums: comment, comment, comment! I rarely bring up my business unless asked.
I am a walking advertisement. I walk around (not all the time) with fitness tops that say stuff like, "Personal Trainer" or "Insanity Live Instructor" or "Cxworx: Six Tracks to a 6 pack." Believe it or not people will ask about your business. Mostly just ladies standing in a long line or cashier will ask. I am thinking of making a shirt that says, "Want to be a Personal Trainer? Ask me how you can certify and get started in the business for less than $100." Not sure about that yet. But the point is, you can't talk to everybody almost everybody you walk by or stand next will probably read your shirt. Use it to your advantage!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2016, 09:57 AM
WAHM Regular

Some use affiliate programs or traffic websites.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:15 PM
Registered WAHM
WAHM Professional

Default in my experience

Doing SEO on your website in the long run has some amazing benefits for getting steady 'advertising' from google. FB ads can be very good quickly aswell. Those are my 2 personal favorites.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:09 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi
You should definitely use social media marketing tools along with some real promotional products. If I were you, I would use some useful things like key chains, magnets or lapel pins with the name of your business. You can suggest your own design and order them on this website https://wovenlabelhk.com/custom-enamel-pins/ . People will wear these cute things and at this time advertise your business. Good luck!
Old 10-05-2018, 01:15 AM
Registered WAHM

Everyone has their own methods!
Old 10-15-2018, 08:12 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Mostly social media.

I do most of my marketing on all social media.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:54 AM
WAHM Regular

Yes!

Facebook and LinkedIn - especially the groups. I answer bookkeeping and tax questions and get folks to recognize and trust me and some then become clients. I never do paid ads. Melanie Dodoro has an awesome LinkedIn mining training https://topdogsocialmedia.com/.

For LinkedIn there's a tool called https://www.linkedsherpa.com/ that helps automate tasks on LinedIn.

I use https://hootsuite.com/ to post content.to various sites.

I'm working on more article and blog content to post on my website and my Google listing and all social media sites.

Yes it does work but it takes time and strategy.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:05 AM
WAHM Regular

I don't pay for ads. I network on Facebook mostly which is free!
Old 11-05-2018, 04:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Social media and word of mouth
Old 12-03-2018, 06:50 AM
WAHM Regular

I do SEO, Retargeting ads, Email marketing as well as some google and FB ads.